Yonex Limited Edition rackets collection

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Nov 17, 2012.

1. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Then I can make good money as I have one in mint condition ! What about N90 1st edition ? Are many looking for that too ?

There is another collector's model which is the ArcSaber 100 which commemorate the All England 100th Anniversary. The whole package comes with a special bag and even with BG66 string that comes in a pack with the All England logo.

Ti10 1st edition and MP100 (in 2U specs) are also highly sought after though these are not limited edition but they are iconic models and mint conditions are not easy to come by.

2. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

I just got the Arcsaber 100 and getting it framed up.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Lin Dan never used this racket. Frankly I don't think it is worth collecting other than the nice paintjob designed only to commemorate the Olympic Games in Beijing. Officially ~14,000 of these have been produced but adding the numbers it should be even more (SP code xxxx/5000 + CH code xxxx/9999 + the rest of the world without limited serial number)
    They sold slowly in Europe I think and they were not even more expensive than normal (red) AT700. In the end it was 2 for <200 euro or something :D ... More collectible perhaps if you have the complete set http://www.bbesports.com/wzgl/productshow.asp?id=129]

It can never hurt though to just have a regular brand new dragon one in storage but not for insane prices like posted earlier ...
    The most sought after is the one below with yellow 700 numbers which is the one Lin Dan and Taufik Hidayat became Olympic Champion with.

[​IMG]

#23 demolidor, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

This.
    In particular the Japanese version commemorating the 30th Japan Open in 2011 ... should be just about impossible to find though now.

5. ZeroSOFInfinity

Is it that rare? I saw that racket once before.... but that was about a few months ago.

6. ZeroSOFInfinity

BTW, which one is more collectable among the Arcsaber 10s.... the PG version or the 2012 limited? Cause when I asked quite a number of shops, they have no more PG stocks... but somehow TH and LCW versions are still floating around.....

7. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

bp series are the series production of a certain racket when it's will going out of production. what makes the bp series are so special is the rackets are only to be distributes in japan only. so far, only got ARC9BP, ARCZS BP, NS7000BP...and NS7000BP costs me RM1700... :D

8. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

another i missed : NS8000BP.. Prodction 2010.

9. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    adding AT250LTD to the mix

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Only the JP version has the 30th Japan Open logo and some booklet iirc:

IMG_2370-1.jpg

BP stands for Badminton-PSU as mrkimkor already found (and has been mentioned a few times before in the old threads about BP version ;)). This is the shop of the Japanese badminton association I believe and it is indeed produced for them in a special colourway for their annual catalogue (though they seem to appear elsewhere such as Rakuten now). You paid far too much @ RM1700, probably bought it at MBS or somewhere else imported. In Japan they are much cheaper/normal price ... That said I like all of them :cool:, don't know if they are collectibles though from a general point of view ...

#30 demolidor, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  11. tkboi

tkboi Regular Member

the amortec 700 beijing is that rare o.o? also the li ning n90 first gen? well i must be lucky my best friend has it and i use it all the time... lol but the 700 beijing is impossible to use its like swinging a tennis racket o.o. its so heavy

12. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

yes..just seen it on mbs..no way to buy it...even arczs bp cost myr 920+++..heard it was produced less than 1000pcs only...

13. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

14. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

First I wanted to post a link to the AT700 series I have, but on the other hand...

Only for teasing purpose and not for sale:

DSC01068.jpg

From left to right:
    - Nanospeed 9900 LTD Green
    - Nanospeed 9900 LTD purple
    - Ti10 LTD
    - Muscle Power LTD
    - Arcsaber 2 Tour
    - Arcsaber 3 Tour
    - Arcsaber 100
    - Arcsaber ZS Taufik Hidayat
    - Arcsaber 10 Peter Gade
    - Arcsaber 10 Premium
    - Armortec 700 Superbarands (No typing error):D
    - Armortec 700 Olympics 2008
    - Armortec 700 Premium
    - Armortec 900 Lee Chong Wei
    - Voltric 80 LTD
    - Voltric ZF Limited

You can have doubts about the limited editions for the Arcsaber 2 and 3 tour. I also have doubts about the Premium rackets. To me, limited means limited production where as the ARC2T and ARC3T is, but I'm not sure about the Premium rackets. Doubting about getting the VTZF88LTD. It's just not my style in any ways...

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Gotta catch 'em all poke__ball_ball_icon_by_jij1993-d58vots.gif ! [​IMG][​IMG].

MP Limited is a like a Tour as well imo; the only true limited is the 2006 TUC orange MP90 [​IMG].

Hehe, happened to visit that thread yesterday: it is incomplete and some ratings are questionable ;)

#35 demolidor, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  16. ZeroSOFInfinity

OMG... you have all the rackets I wanted there... Superbrands, Armortec LCW, Arcsaber 10 PG, The Dragon and VT 80 LTD :eek:

How much did you spend for all of those?

And I also don't think the 2012 Premiums are the collectable ones... but I could be wrong.... anyone?

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

You want collectibles or limited? :D

I
    don't think the NS9900LTD, Ti10LTD are collectibles in any way on their own but they are limited (ti-10ltd as well?) and as part of a complete set of limiteds they could be called collectible I suppose. VTZF88 is just poorly done but at least has limited serial numbering. Personally I like the idea and design but some details are very poorly done imo + will there be a VTZF90 as well in 2 years time [​IMG]?

There is also the Ti-Zero LTD and Ti-5 LTD iirc for "Made in Japan" models and Voltric 9 & 3LTD, plus some lower "Made in Taiwan" Player Editions ...

#37 demolidor, Nov 21, 2012
  18. ZeroSOFInfinity

Well, the priority is collectible.... :D

So, by your definition, the Arcsaber ZSTH, Arcsaber 10PG and Armortec 900LCW are limited, but not collectable?

I used to have the TI-10 LTD, but sold it already...

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

To me only the 900LCW is worth collecting on it's own but things are only worth something when other people want them so there is no definition but for me one part is at least that the professional players should have used it themselves or it commemorates a special event/anniversary (100 All England, 30th Japan Open. 2011 World Championship on the other hand means nothing at all :D). So all three player editions in that sense could be a collectible ... (all three players have lots of fans so there could always be demand if they don't have it already).

There are many angles you can take on collecting like collecting all the models one particular player used in his career (if I had not sold all my red MP88's I might have started collecting all rackets Gade has used). You can also collect the most popular rackets of the time and they are not limited at all but over the years a brand new condition becomes more rare with each passing year like the original Cab20, Ti10, AT700 ... (and brand new is always better than mint). I mean the Super Brands Armortec is only popular now because it is an original AT700 and back then because it was the first Yonex limited edition. No one cares that Yonex Sunrise was awarded with the Superbrands label :D ...
    There is no right or wrong ... (other than paying too much ;)) but the best bet is to go for the most popular rackets not the most limited (as you're probably paying a premium already :p) and have a lot of patience.

Or you just collect what you like and not think about future value and such ;)[​IMG]

#39 demolidor, Nov 21, 2012
  20. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

@Demolidor =
    let's see the for the subsequent 10 years.... how much the value of these limited/special rackets :D

If I'm not mistaken the chronology of limited / special products are as follows:

(Sources = http://www.tepokbulu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=121900 )

May 2004 - Armortec Superbrand - limited only 5,000 pcs (SP Code only) / 3U G4

June 2008 - Armortec 700 Ltd (Dragon) - released for Beijing Olympic, / 3U G4-G5

JP Code - 2,500 pcs / SP Code - 5,000 pcs / CH Code - 9999 pcs.
    There are still others distribution code (TW, AU, US, etc) that have yet to be confirmed

March 2010 - Arcsaber 100 (which is deemed to be similar specs with Arcsaber 7) / 3U G4-G5
    Commemorating 100th anniversary of All England.
    No limited amount. Available in many distribution code.

August 2010 - Players' Replica
    Arcsaber Z-Slash Taufik HIdayat - 3U / G3-G5
    Arcsaber 10 Peter Gade - 3U / G3-G5
    Armortec 900 Power Lee Chong Wei - 3U / G3-G5

June 2011
    - Nanospeed 9900 Ltd (Green and Purple) - 3U / G4-G5
    Commemorating BWF World Championship 2011

September 2011
    - Voltric 80 Ltd - 3U-4U / G4-G5
    Commemorating 30th anniversary of Japan open

May 2012
    - Voltric Z-Force Ltd - 3U-4U / G4-G5
    I think it relates to the London Olympic 2012.