YONEX German Open 2019

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by yuquall, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chou Tien Chen is a smart, tenacious fighter, and puts up a rousing performance in G2 to force the decider. Inspiring to watch..

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Kenta is generally playing very well, in good control and quick on his feet.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Superb court coverage by Kenta Nishimoto

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

KN , like KM, loathes to lift unless it's the best shot to play in the rally.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Still within striking distance for CTC ?

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Kenta is in the zone

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Delaying the inevitable, no escape for CTC

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Kenta stands a good chance against Kento tomorrow, I think

9. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Time to take title here ^-^

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

My theory? Haha It was yours, even saying that LD was as good as top 3.
    I just Amen to that.

Couldn't even stay awake for that match. Glad I didn't stay up and wait for the MD as the THA retired after G1. Did one of them get injured?

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL (12.00pm) => https://bwfworldtour.bwfbadminton.com/tournament/3352/yonex-german-open-2019/results/2019-03-03

upload_2019-3-3_10-22-33.png

Current badminton powerhouse Japan has guaranteed two titles through MS & MD and may scoop another victory through women's category, they only miss mixed doubles triumphant when All England Champion Watanabe/Higashino got unexpected result in last eight.

The so-called match of the day by local organizer in semifinal round witnessed Kamura/Sonoda only took 14 minutes of play to complete semifinal tie, 21-11 then Thailand pair retired following Maneepong Jongjit talked to BWF official due to injury. Endo/Watanabe did similar fashion had no problem to pass Malaysian rivals Goh SF/Izzuddin with two quick games, 21-10 / 21-12. Having positive head to head, 2-0 the higher-ranked Japanese duo have slight advantage to tackle their fellow countrymen but Endo/Hayakawa looking in good shape along this tournament.

Ratchanok Intanon in her element how she disposes top-seed Nozomi Okuhara, a one-sided clash that Thai ace exploits her expertise to unleash some deceptive shots and outwits Japanese starlet who became error-proned and lack of accuracy particularly in second game. Earlier at court 2, the defending champion Akane Yamaguchi trounces Goh Jin Wei easily, 21-14 / 21-11. An intriguing final showdown to watch whether Intanon could tame two resilient Japanese foes in a row and top podium, as both players have equal chance to prevail.

Du Y/Li YH continue their winning streak against world number one Fukushima/Hirota, what a see-saw battle that sapping so much energy in 91 minutes match duration. Du/Li had hefty lead 14-7 at opening game then the Japanese crawled back to level the scoreline, luckily the Chinese back to focus and sealed it, 21-18. In second game, 11-6 for Du/Li, like dejavu FukuHiro came back stronger to catch up and forced deciding game, 21-18. The Chinese underdogs seem lack of concentration at first half of final game, 4-11, after changing place interval break, suddenly the prominent Japanese duo pushed the shuttlecock out at the back line frequently, possibly the drift effect and automatically reignite Du/Li spirit, trading points until the end when Du/Li celebrate their final spot, 21-19. The Olympic Champion Matsutomo/Takahashi await Du/Li for GER Open title, a tough prospect to create huge shock for the Chinese young combination, 5-1 statistics favour to MatsuTaka.

The inspiring Hans Krinstian Vittinghus did his best to push Kento Momota into the limit, balanced his superb netplay then followed up by hard smashes that brought Vittinghus took first game, 26-24. The momentum shifted to the world champion as stamina problem for 33 years old Dane following speed and power waned then uncharateristic errors creeping in despite he kept trying to fight back. Kenta Nishimoto starts to raise his standard and the hardwork delivers him to book final berth, defeated title-holder Chou Tien Chen in three games last night. Nishimoto surprised Momota in last encounter, MAS Masters first round on January 2019, another chance for world number 11 to outshine his illustrious compatriot.

Seo SJ/Chae YJ power past defending champion Goh SH/Shevon Lai, 21-17 / 21-11 while a thrilling semifinal tie saw Indonesia hopefuls Faizal/Widjaja survived in close contest to stop the giant-killer NED pair gallant run, Tabeling/Piek in 16-21 / 21-13 / 23-21. A challenge for INA mixed doubles pair to take the mantle post legendary Liliyana Natsir retirement sooner towards Tokyo 2020. Back to back final for Korean left-handers after Spanish Master last week, first time meeting between these two finalists and expected to be an exciting match to close final day here.

12. terrynguyen121988

I have a happy day today, I just wish the day lasts longer, so I can keep my mood up ^-^.
    It's same thing with the final match between Okuhara vs Sindhu 2017 (WC). Actually I don't think Okuhara can win in this match, so I just wish the day lasts longer at this time. And now, it's the same mood to me.

I support for Nishimoto but I also know the truth that Momota is still stronger.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Another Dejavu for MD final? :confused:
    Kam/Son should avenge their "robbed" chance to qualify for WTF last year by Endo/Wata :D:D

Go Kamura/Sonoda.

14. kurako

kurako Regular Member

They have already avenged themselves, ... twice, albeit on the domestic front. First at the All Japan Championships, which took place just before the WTF. And then, just last month at the Top Four Tournament (S/J League).

It should be a great encounter, but the odds are on SonoKamu.

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh I didn't know about the League.

It would be more convincing if they could do it here in their first world tour final :)
    I am rooting for Kam/Son anyway.

16. terrynguyen121988

So, am I still the only one here who support Nishimoto tonight ?

17. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

I'm impressed with how much Nishimoto has improved and he has earned himself a new fan - me. But I'm also a fan of Momota so in this match, I'll be happy if either one wins. I am sure if they give their best they can make each other become better players.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  18. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Well, Nishimoto deserves to be there in the final. He's improved a lot but will it be enough to defeat Momota, can't say. May the best man win. Looking forward to a great three set thriller.

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  19. minions

minions Regular Member

Let's go, JPN squad! Two titles have been secured. Time to add two more titles.

For Hafiz/Gloria, this is your chance to win the title. It's time for you to step up and make INA XD become formidable.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Would there be a day when Sonoda be given a warning for not standing still more than a sec on court? :p