YONEX Armortec 900 Power weakness??

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by @n9eL, Apr 24, 2009.

1. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    I always ask my stringers to do one-piece stringing method for me (only 2 knots on the frame)

I doubt that the stringer pull the string too hard, because it's the machine which did the tensioning & pull the strings, the stringer adjust the string & the machine pull each string, every time one string was pulled, there will be a display of 30lbs on the machine's digital display. I always examine my racquet after each stringing process & found no cracks on the frame.

Summore the racquet was strung nearly 2 months ago before it finally broke. After many hours of torture lol :)

I can blame the stringer of course, but on which evidence?? I can't find stringing errors evidences that's strong enough to cause that serious damage on my racquet:)

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I guess you should have asked your stringer to stick to the Yonex pattern I linked above :)

It can also be done using the one piece stringing method, just that it takes a little bit of pre-weaving to get the pattern right before the tensioning.

3. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    [​IMG]

the breakage part also didn't occur on the tie knot. it's further down...closer to the "T"....

4. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

good thing i don't like playing at high tension =)
    25lbs works fine for me
    hope my 900t doesn't break like that...
    and erthk, i feel sorry for you
    did you get the racket replaced yet???

5. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Nope, Yonex Sunrise Malaysia rejected my claim, they know I strung the racquet at a very high tension & caused the frame to crack :)