YONEX Armortec 900 Power weakness??

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by @n9eL, Apr 24, 2009.

1. @n9eL

@n9eL Regular Member

Play Badminton
    mmmm..
    the racket maybe different.
    for ex: nation racket may have a better quality control than ordinary racket..
    maybe...
    :cool::rolleyes::confused::eek:

2. DairyRon

DairyRon Regular Member

Student
    for me i know that armortec 900 Technique & Power strung more than 24lbs sure will become as the picture shown. for more durability put something on it to protect !

3. Wilson Shuttler

Wilson Shuttler Regular Member

n/a
    waranty

For the record, they only warant under 24lbs, and only for 6 months

#43 Wilson Shuttler, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  4. Wilson Shuttler

Wilson Shuttler Regular Member

n/a
    naw man, around 28 works for me, just be weary of mishits

5. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer

I agree with NEVER strings your racquet at 30lbs or more, because unless u want to change your racquet every 6 months, the racquet frame (any Brand) won't stand 30lbs for a pro-longed period.

If u see the picture of my broken Authentic Yonex Armortec 900 Technique racquet, u'll know why I said that ;)

That AT900T was strung at 30lbs, after 6 months & 3 times of restring with BG70pro the racquet frame broke by itself, & I do mean snap by itself [​IMG]

Nobody touches it, it was left on the table & suddenly jump up from the table like a Pop-corn & the frame snaps :eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The string continues to pull the broken frame & after 3 more weeks, u get what u see in the attached pics - the frame total breaks into 2, being pulled by the 30lbs tension string until there's no more tension left in the string. A slowly & painfully process to watch if u are the owner of the racquet...:crying:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    International player's get to string their racquets at more than 30lbs because they are sponsored. I doubt that their Yonex racquets are any different from ours.

I was told by an official Yonex tournament stringer that most international players broke their racquets & get replaced by a new one immediately. You will be surprised to know that how many racquets that international players break every 6 months after being strung at 30lbs & more.......the answer is more than u can imagine :)

So, believe me, unless u are Lee Chong Wei or got sponsored by Yonex...never ever string your racquet at 30lbs or more....unless of course u have more than enough money to throw away to replace a new racquet every 6 months:cool:

6. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    ^ I do agree that unless you're sponsored, you shouldn't exceed 30lbs because of warranty issues. But then, its also dependent on the stringer as well. If a incompetent stringer tries to string a racket at 30lbs, I am sure that the result will be much different than say, a Yonex tournament stringer.

7. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    The broken AT900T of mine was strung by the same official Yonex stringer, He used the official Yonex stringing machine to string this racquet - the machine will display the tension 30lbs on its digital display.

That's why I don't think my AT900T breaks because of stringer issues, i believe it's me who pushed the racquet frame to it's limit by choosing the thick 0.7mm BG70pro + 30lbs tension & the end result after 6 months....u can see for yourself in my previous post.

The most frustrating thing is the frame of AT900T was not even touched or handled when it broke.

The frame just snapped & broke on it's own, while being put on the table...:confused:

I guess that's wut u would describe as - "Your racquet explode itself under extreme tension lol" :)

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    not all 'official' stringers are created equal.
    I try to say that many times before but people think i'm was not being nice. Oh well, your example proved my case.

#48 cooler, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  9. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Not to mention that all rackets are not equal as well, even if its the same model (same weight and grip size).

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes but i say inconsistency between stringers far far far out strips racket inconsistency that have already passed factory inspection. When a brand name racket fail, too often much blame laid on the racket maker, not the stringer.

#50 cooler, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    That is true. Afterall, they're human so they could make mistakes as well.

12. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    There's nothing to do with the stringers for my racquet to break, I trust my stringers & they've been doing a good job for me.

There's also nothing to do with the machine my stringers used to string my AT900T since it's a yonex machine.

If anyone want to experience high tension stringing, just string your racquet at 30lbs or more using BG65. We can wait & see how it would become after 6 months, u will be lucky if u get to keep that racquet after a year.

By the way, using thinner strings like BG66 might help to pro-longed your racquet's life, since the strings will normally breaks 1st before it completly distorts your racquet frame shape....

But again, u will constantly need to re-string your racquet because BG66 can easily breaks depending how how hard u smash.:)

13. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I see 2 things wrong with your statements:

1. trusting your stringer doesn't mean that he can always do the job perfectly.
    2. a yonex machine may certainly help do a better job but certainly won't eliminate the chance of error.

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

incorrect.
    if u only count in service duration, your reason is not sound because the carbon fiber and matrix see 30 lbs the same way (if strung the same way) whether it's bg70 or 66. If your racket is out of service with broken string or no string, u can't count that as longer durability.

#54 cooler, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  15. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer

Guys, I'm not trying to argue whether which stringer or machine or strings to choose...

All I'm trying to say is don't string your racquet at high tension, certainly not more than 30lbs, because your racquest frame won't last for a long time, it's simply physics:)

16. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to argue with you either. Its just that your statements don't back up what you're trying to say :p

Its really hard to say how long we can push our Yonex rackets. I've seen players (non professionals) who string their rackets to 32lbs and I haven't heard of any problems from them but I do not know how long their rackets can last.

17. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    I don't count the period when the racquet is out of service as longer durability, definitely not. What I mean is the actual usage period.

More durable strings are more difficult to break, they are so durable that can even slowly distorts your racquet frame more if compared to thinner strings.

But be it 65 or 66 or 70, I don't really care much coz i just don't want other ppl to string their racquet at high tension, knowing the possibility that the racquet might not last long :)

18. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer

Yes, of course. i don't have any problem with my AT900T strung at 30lbs, not until it suddenly snaps :)

I was playing fine with my AT900T on friday night, then it suddenly breaks on Sunday afternoon(untouched).:)

19. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Of course, that's only my experience, other ppl might think otherwise.

If it's only based on one fact - Higher tension = Higher risk of breakage

i might think twice before go to 30lbs again for my new racquet :)

Although I know my new racquet will definitely holds 30lbs, but for how long??

20. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

That doesn't look like the "Official" weaving pattern that Yonex advises EVERY stringer to use when doing Yonex racquets. It isn't even of the "Official" Yonex-proposed two piece stringing. Notice that there's only two knots (meaning one piece stringing) and where they're located.

Besides, I noticed that the part where your AT900T broke; its where the starting knot is tied and also where your stringer must have started tensioning (from one side to the other rather than starting from the middle). It is very likely that he pulled that first main too hard and damaged the frame during the tensioning.

I have had my racquets strung by people who claim "they did stringing for THE CHAMPIONS", and they also do this pattern.