Yonex Aerus 3

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Cycril, Jun 28, 2018.

1. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

should be in abt 2 wks time :D

yoman likes this.
  2. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Is an Aerus 4 already in sight? The Aerus 3 is no longer available in German shops in many sizes. My size is not available in black anywhere...

Aerus1: ~ January 2016
    Aerus2: ~ January 2017
    Aerus3: ~ September 2018
    Aerus4: ???

3. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if more aerus 3 were released or an entirely new name is used. Maybe in March at the All England.

Yonex tend to skip any product names with a “4” - unlucky number in some cultures. Eclipsion came after the power cushion 01, 02 and 03.

4. jchang

jchang New Member

Student
    I own a pair of Aerus 3... Ended up cracking/bruising my right big toenail (which eventually fell off). Left shoe seemed fine. My hunch is either the roof of the shoe is too short so lunging shears the top of the nail, or I chose the wrong size shoes.

Anyone else have this issue?

5. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Maybe just a size too small? During the sport the foot gets a bit bigger and many people also have two feet of different lengths. I always have the problem with my left foot when my shoes are too small.

6. seanc6441

seanc6441 Regular Member

Just replaced the insole of my Aerus 3 with the insole of an SHB 87LTD I had, the 87 insole has an extra layer of soft foam/felt on top of the stock thin yonex insole.

The difference is noticeable, better fit , comfort and cushioning. Same great speed. The insole fits well, you may have to modify the top slightly but the actual shape and edges fit perfectly for the Aerus with slightly higher edge at the arches which is a big positive as the shoe hugs my foot better now.

Now the Aerus cause me zero pain as the stock insoles combined with the already limited cushioning of the Aerus 3 was causing some discomfort.