Will Chen Long repeat his winning form against Lee Chong Wei in the Final...?

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by jasonmarc, Jun 27, 2009.

1. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Good job, thanks for taking my words out of context and twisted them. Why not talk about global warming in a badminton forum while you are at it, you not-so-ignorant good sir? And making preparation for the future so that you have a better future has to be done in the present not in the future.

2. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Chen Long receive a lesson in playing badminton in the highest level by LCW. It would have been over even earlier but LCW wanted the fan to get their money worth.

3. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Yeah but you are still getting ahead of yourself

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    but,gwj can only beat pg out of the top 4;)

5. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Big deal, Peter Gade was just beaten recently by Anup from India, I don't see anyone making a big deal out of it.

Just typical lah, any chinese player had a good day and beat some top player, instantly become future world champion for the jia you fans.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

And what CL has been doing is brooding well for the future e.g. beating most of the current players?? :rolleyes:

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

So how many times Anup win over Gade?
    How about check how many times GWJ beats Gade, while you're at it.
    No one said GWJ is going to become world champion, so I have no idea where your random bamboozed assumption came from.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

he's still young.. give him more chance;)

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, true.....he will be the next LD in China....if everythings goes as plan...:p CL has great future in Chn....a gold medal prospect in London 2012...Olympic.;)

So far, DPY still acted like...BCL or CJ as 2nd MS in CL's batch....will play as supporting role....to CL.....:D:D

10. volcom

volcom Regular Member

China need another like Chen Hong, to win the other tourneys.

11. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

So how many times have GWJ beat Gade? And when did I mention jia you fanatic claiming GWJ becoming world champion, so I have no idea where your random bamboozed assumption came from.

12. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Mind explaining what this means? Afterall Isn't Gade a top player, and GWj beats him?
    AFAIK GWJ has beaten Gade 2-3 times

13. badssp07

badssp07 Regular Member

Officer
    I don't understand why some people are just so reluctant to give due credit to Chen Long, a 20 yr-old lad who's only 2nd year into the senior circuit.

Chen Long may not yet have excellent footwork or perfect skills, but he has reached at least SF stage or more in all 4 tournaments he played in 2009 and that's commendable results.

Not to mention that he has beaten : LCW (world ranked #1), LD (world ranked #2, reigning olympic & world champion) and TH (acknowledged badminton genius) in less than 4 months.

Name any 20 year-old who has achieved the above ?

Chen Long also seems to have good on-court manners, so why don't we judge him as a player rather than by his nationality?

14. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    The name "Chen Long" would have been celebrated like crazy by the majority of this forum if he was representing boleh land or Ina instead. Quite frankly, even Boonsak got more credit for entering 1 final so far this year without beating any of the real top players on his way, than Chen Long actually beating some of the best in the circuit.

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, noise noise noise.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

BY CHN's standards, CL would be considered 'lagging' to only be a WJC at his age.
    Credit has been given when credit is due. He played very well defeating TH but so did DPY. CHN's rote training expertise can always help their youngsters upset non-CHN stars. The question is whether they can repeat the win. Well, CL couldn't do that against LCW. That's probably because LCW did not play as expected, making the last video CL trained for, outdated. So you can see CL lost, unlike his confident play vs TH (who played as expected).
    LD losing to teammates would not be surprising now. It helps to shore up their self-belief so they will think, 'If I can beat LD,LCW would be easier.'

What has been created of CL's image is that of a giant killer. This is useful in making opponents fear him. So that would be half the battle won.
    His big weapon is his smash so if his opponent is skillful enough not to lift often,CL can't even get started and play with confidence. CL had few opportunities to smash vs LCW,so that's how opponents should see CL for what he really is right now. His netplay gets worse as match progresses.That's one useful way for his opponents to track his confidence during play.
    I'm sorry to say CL's good court manners did not last. After beating TCS, his celebratory behaviour was quite appalling.(It's the same as what NR did after beating GL/ZB in CHN.) Maybe he was emboldened by the CHN fans and thought he was playing in CHN. The crowd booed him but they forgave him.
    LCW was very nice to him on the podium. Hopefully, CL will learn more good manners from LCW.

CL is still a rookie but fans think he's CJ calibre just because he's created some upsets. He's a long way from CJ. Sure,he can rote train to beat top players who play predictably. But it will be interesting to see how he play Sony or even Denmark's JOJ. Or JPN's Tago.

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Interesting ..............

but no doubt...he is the best younger batch....in the world now.....;)

18. jaydee

jaydee Regular Member

Chen Long = good guy, good future... I support him too because of his sportsmanship and well mannered on court like LCW.

19. modious

modious Regular Member

Chen Long is showing potential to be a great player. Not too sure what lcleing is trying to say....... :confused:

20. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Sorry,my bad. I should have clarify my point a little. I do regard Chen Long as the best player out of the younger batch(at the moment), there's no doubt about it. However, to automatically assume that he will do well in the future is just plain silly. I can equally say the same to Jan O Jorgensen, that he will be Peter Gade caliber in 1-2 years time because he does show some potential. But all of that are just plain assumptions. Anything can happen in the future. What if he just decided to quit baddy after a few months just because he lose his passion?

It's too early for us to tell what's going to happen in the future that's why I personally don't like statement like someone is going to dominate/win a tournament just because he got some momentum rolling at the moment. All player has his/her ups and downs but whether he/she can remain at the top depends alot on his/her attitude towards the game, only time can tell. You can go on and on and praise how brilliant this player is. But before he bagged a few titles under his belt, I will reserve my comment and observe whether he can stay on consistent throughtout the year. Just my 2 cents.