Why is the smash record set on a headlight racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by hurricane478, Jul 21, 2023.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I feel that as well. I usually start my sessions with my ZF2, after a couple of match I switch to AX77Pro & yes AX77Pro seems very very light and I feel that I can swing faster as well.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    To answer the original question, it is set on a headlight racket because Yonex just released a headlight racket.

Headlight is much easier to market than heavy, who wants anything heavy, seriously. No science is involved in marketing.

And to further point, of course they have to have some way to change the way things are measured. To be very much honest, the amount of difference the newest fanciest racket makes is really small, no way a change of racket can pull off 70kmh difference. But that's not very marketing friendly so they have to have a way to do it. They can't exact tell ppl that the latest gadget that they gonna charge US$250 for is only 5kmh faster (if even that...)

skhai91, what07, Budi and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

It's more damning that the individual who set the smash record went back to his old Duora Z Strike for actual game.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Same with Tan after setting the women's record. And her racquet (arc 7 pro) isn't even that differently weighted.

5. what07

what07 Regular Member

Your comment didn't age that well ;p
    upload_2023-7-26_23-34-3.png

BadmintonDave and decoy like this.
  6. Kaydee

Kaydee Regular Member

I stand corrected. Funny how he was using the DZS at last week's final and now switching to the 1000z with barely no acclimatization period

#26 Kaydee, Jul 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2023