why did LD lose?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by b0urg301s13, Dec 9, 2006.

1. badmintex

badmintex Regular Member

LD's self confidence Boomerang himself

LD's self confidence that he can manage beating TH in 3 sets eventually destroys and boomerangs himself.In 2rd set leading 20-17 LD even could not add only 1 point.

2. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    1. Yep, I agree with ur response to quisitor's comments.;)

2. Lin Dan wasn't playing relax when TH was trailing from 17-20. In fact, LD said that he couldn't control his urgent emotion to win the game. LD was in too much haste to finish the game and that cost him the unforced errors.

3. About the analogy... to me it's just a biased analogy served as a blinding tool for LD's diehard fans or TH's diehard hater.:(

And why do u always have to attack others?! Both LD and TH are great players in most people's mind. Please don't EXPLICITLY compare who is better than who... as u'll only attack others and nothing good come out of it. Please explain your reasoning, cooler..

#122 ssuly, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  3. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    yes, I have thought a few times about that and maybe so, but later on, I think Roger has a more smooth attacking play than LD. therefore LD + TH = 65% of Roger Federer. hehehe... also, Federer does not have wild tantrums like TH..... so deduct another 10%... i.e. 55%....:D...
    but in reality, TH and LD is still on a mountain on planet earth while federer is somewhere on the moon shooting for the stars... that's my 2 cents.

4. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

What one does every second on the court indicate whether one person underestimate the opponent?
    You mean LD play too relax?
    LD did not place the shuttlecock well?
    Can you please define your underestimation of LD here?

What do you mean by not well prepared?
    Mentally?
    I bet they have a review before the match on how to play against each other by their coaches and how to get certain mental barriers and etc .....

Overall, I think you are a little biased due to the person you are supporting.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, to answer your question...

..the answer is 'no', i'm not suggesting nor implying LD intentionally "gave it away".;) However, from what i saw and to a certain extent from what i heard from others watching it in INA, LD wasn't his usual self thruout the entire match(lack of speed, energy etc.). I mean it's not like this was their 1st or 2nd encounter, was it? And i don't think LD was physically tired, was he?? Did LD suddenly forgot what he did successfully against Taufik in their 2 earlier encounters??..Or simply Taufik decided to take control of the game and "forced" LD to play his tempo??..:rolleyes:
    In the 1st set, it was like LD was 'reacting' rather than "initiating' and like i mentioned earlier it was like LD was in a practice session. Who knows how many unforced errors he committed, but he didn't look like himself, at least not for the first 1 1/2 sets?? One of the most vivid error i remember was the 'cheapy' easy smash he had at the front of the net which he clearly missed it wide. Call it luck or not for Taufik, but that showed how anxious LD was.. :rolleyes:
    Btw, cooler's post #112(middle paragraph), described the similar sequence of actions as i posted earlier.;)

#125 ctjcad, Dec 11, 2006
  6. rudy6713

rudy6713 Regular Member

I disagreed with you...
    If you watched the game...in first set..Taufik had more control by playing more net play so LD did not have a chance to find his game to attack....for second set..he was able to attack moer but somehow TH had been able to defen those smashes also LD was too anxious to wrap 2 set which in my opinion at that time that LD was going to win but TH played unbelievable for next 3 points and you can see LD was a bit surprised and TH was motivated to finish 2 games instead of 3...

Eeven Roger Federer can be beaten once a while..so I do not see anything wrong with LD...when yu are i the court...sometimes you get nervous or other feelings...

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Totally totally agree with your analysis. Why LD always seem to under-perform when facing Taufik? Because he has no real confidence beating Taufik! Such confidence can only be established by beating a "near-top form" Taufik, otherwise LD will never know whether the next Taufik he meets will be an improved one or not. This is why the 5 wins over Taufik do not really matter, otherwise by now LD should be calm and very confident when facing Taufik. In fact, no matter what ppl or Taufik say, LD as the guy on court knows whether Taufik is in good form or not. In all the 5 wins, LD himself definitely knows Taufik are not in very good form. The trick Taufik played is that, he showed LD better and better form in the past 5 fights. Thus LD have no idea what Taufik will be like in their next encounter. This uncertainty prevents LD from establishing the real confidence.

Compare, when LD lost to LHI, he KNEW this is an over-performing LHI. When LD beated LCW, he KNEW unless something miraculous happens, the next time he will be facing a same LCW. That is why LD can keep his confidence over these guys.

This guy Taufik, or his coach Mulyo, knows the art of war.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmmm, okay...But looking back at LD's previous 2 victories(in team event) over Taufik, why was LD more successful?? Was he more focus on those matches and Taufik wasn't??..If Taufik didn't win those, does that mean he "gave away" those matches?? Why the sudden turnaround for both players??..:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

9. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    After watching the LD vs TH final game a few times, I actually caught the moment( 1st game at 1:57), when they showed XXF in the audience section... the korean player LEE took a split of a second starred at XXF and he was touching his own chin... hmmm... wondering what he was thinking at that moment...:rolleyes:

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm, i did watch the game and i noticed all those you've written..

..no doubts on myself on what you(as well as others) have written(in fact, if you want you can search back on my earlier posts and compare them)...;)
    However, if you could, please explain why Taufik lost the 1st two encounters(in team event) or even their pre-AG encounters(who knows how many times Taufik lost to LD??). Do you feel all those victories by LinDan were the result of Taufik not giving 100%(or close to) effort?? Or LD just forgot how to play Taufik in the Final??
    I can understand if it's the preliminaries, but i mean this is THE FINAL, 1 more point to clinch 2nd set and there's no urgency on LD's part??..:confused: :rolleyes: ;)

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well, in that case, now it's time for Taufik..

..to start winning consistently against LD or his other opponents(win or lose)...We're just tired of his "focused on 1 event and be motivated because i want to dedicate this and that title for such and such individual" attitude...:p
    He's a pro and arguably the best player in the MS field, so start showing that he truly belongs there...Hmm, maybe Taufik should look at Federer or maybe ask Federer, see how professional & dedicated he is to his game, even though the current competition is almost a "wash"..:rolleyes: :p

#131 ctjcad, Dec 11, 2006
  12. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Let's say you have to choose, Taufik winning 3 opens or Taufik winning AG, which one do you prefer?

Taufik is not young anymore. He is almost 26. It's impossible for him to get everything (in fact, we have seen that even for superman LD, getting everything is also impossible). He has to choose. I think he made the right choice.

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

"Hmm... I believe I am much more handsome than LD... " :D

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Hmm, that's an interesting question...but

..if i have to choose, there would be no choosing. I would demand whatever competition/tourneys he participates in, he'll give 100% effort, just like LD. If possible go in & "demolish" all opponents, just like he did in the AG Final..:p ;) ..
    Yes, i might sound harsh & demanding, but that's just reality. As they are *PRO* athletes, being watched, paid and supported by the public people.
    I understand he is not "young" anymore, and "it's impossible for him to get everything"; but so are the others. Don't want to bring this up again, but compare to what he did in the HKO and JO, i wonder if those actions seemed "fair" to LD?? Imagine if LD(or any other players) has the same attitude like Taufik does, choosing and only preparing well for specific events...Gudforbid, but imagine if LD did those similar things to Taufik in this AG; how would Taufik feel afterwards? how would we, as fans watching, feel afterwards??...:rolleyes::( :p
    (anyways, we're getting off topic now)..

#134 ctjcad, Dec 11, 2006
  15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if badminton was like some other high paying sports, winning as many tourneys is preferred. Since badminton isnt a high paying sport, TH my guess, shoot for fame as AG and OG dont pay $$. The reward come from outside of badminton, like bonuses, good career or appointment that paying good $$. As for tiger wood, he gets the cakes and eat them too;)

#135 cooler, Dec 11, 2006
  16. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    well it was actually TH himself who gave LD the false confidence not LHI anyway:rolleyes:
    So moral of the story is never underestimate whoever you are playing against.. not even a weaker player.. TH never underestimate others.. he takes his games seriously even against an opponent who seems weaker than he is

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

correcting your post :p

TH had lost matches to LD, CH, LCW, XZX, etc before too, so dont say TH never under estimate this or that.

#137 cooler, Dec 11, 2006
  18. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    he never quote himself for underestimating others..
    nor does he give away the match like many TH fan claimed he does..
    I believe he played his best but at times he gets defeated badly and accepts it as it is..
    Why do I say he doesn't underestimate others? Because he never toyed or make a joke out of his opponent even theres a big gap where he is leading

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i was quoting u:p:p
    otherwise, fair enough reply;)

20. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

That was what the PBSI official expected in the past, and in fact, it caused many tensions and problems. But after years with Taufik, they know better.

You are tired? We are not. We learn to respect Taufik and his choice. We may don't like his attitude, but we love it so much when he won the rare god for our country. It does not matter anymore if he does not do well in other tournaments.