why did LD lose?

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by b0urg301s13, Dec 9, 2006.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's great that Indonesia has a son like Taufik

Hi Ningtyas,

Many others, and I, somehow share your thoughts on this too.

When Taufik plays in an Open Tournament, he feels that he is playing more for himself...... But when he plays in the Olympic Games or in the Asian Games, he feels that the GOLD MEDAL is also for his country, Indonesia, as well.

It's great that Indonesia has a son like Taufik !!! :):):)

And I sincerely hope that he can and will win in the All England Open Badminton Championships for himself in March, 2007. It's the only Big One that he hasn't won.

But, unfortunately, if he does win it, I feel that Taufik might retire from Badminton. :crying::crying::crying:

Cheers... chris@ccc

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Oooo! that is a naughty comment....but I like it...hahahaha!

3. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Cooler, see, TH populate BC not just negatism as you said, more than that to discuss...lol. When the heck you became an analyst of the game but i like your comments. Make you come tomorrow....and show all the moves you learnt from LD...See you there.

4. eskey

eskey Regular Member

seems like this thread should be read as 'why did LD lose/TH win?' cos more and more comments/posts about TH rather than LD :D :D (although with that change will still cause misleading :p)

#144 eskey, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I like both yours and cooler analogy of mid-term and finals, and yours on 82 matches and playoff. But you know what, acing in one only and not the other, of godly, you will flung U because of the bell-curve system...hahahaha.
    Anyway, TH winning the last major of the year bodes well for 2007, and I am looking forward for 2007 to start. Oly 2008 is looking good, and I wanna go home for WC2007.

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    so we can conclude that TH is more popular here or TH's fans are more than LD's fans in BC :D :D

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    You are bad...You need Jesus to purify your thoughts. hahahaha!

9. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

In his father in law's words, Taufik is an 'aset bangsa'. :)

I hope not. He said 2008 Beijing Olympic will be his last international major tournament and he want to be there to defend his title. But even if he indeed retire after that, then I hope he will make a magnificent come back later. :)

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

No, TH fans are in delirious exuberance state of mind.
    LD fans are kind people trying to calm down TH fans and from over vibrating too much.:) Too much shaking and bopping up and down is not good for the brain u know;):D

#150 cooler, Dec 11, 2006
  11. nanofans

nanofans Regular Member

u may be right, or maybe LD fans dont want to crash BC server, think about the population...kidding :p

#151 nanofans, Dec 11, 2006
  12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

LD LOST BECAUSE HE WAS TRUELY ECLIPSED BY A TOP PLAYER. No point in arguing any further.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

on that one day. Never once did LD try to avoid TH

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Agreed. For that tournament, TH is champ. And he will remain the best until he is beaten by somebody else in the next tournament. This is why, for example in boxing, it is good to retire before you get beaten by somebody else and then people would question your record. So if TH retires today, he will be remembered as the champ who is better than LD.

15. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

I think Taufik will be retired after 2010. don't worry, Indonesia still have a few better player such as: Tommy Sugiarto, Indra Bagus, Bandar sigit pamungkas, adiatiawarman, etc..coach by Hendrawan.. Also Simon coach by hendrawan...

Hendrawab coach same like Tang Xinhu...

And hope next year pelatnas (Indonesian National Training Centre) will doing National Selection, so some talent players will be come up from: Djarum, Tangkas, Jaya Raya, SGS, Suryanaga, etc....

Djarum got coach: Fang Kai Hsiang
    Tangkas got coach: Hendry Saputra
    Jaya Raya got coach: Sigit pamungkas

So later on rexy will be coming back to Indonesia...I think.

So Indonesia will be continue to develop the badminton player.....

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Glad you said 'No'.
    Anyway, if you track their matches since JO06, you will note that even in TH's losses, the scores have been improving and he 's closing in on LD; it's a matter of time he will beat LD. The question is whether it's going to be when he's fully fit (2007) or 90% (now). TH , because he's naturally gifted,proved that he need not be at 100% to down LD.
    But I believe the big mistake LD made was to watch the LCW vs TH SF. Although I only caught the final part of the match, it was awesome (the speed would go well with the "Mission Impossible' music) And this when both were not playing at top form. Can you imagine what it will be like in 2007 when both are likely to reach top form? That's probably the real final. TH himself commented it was tough playing LCW when two years or so ago, he said LCW's game was simple. (He has since shut up on that, smart boy)
    Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Since LD was no longer ignorant of TH's form, he got nervous and his confidence was shaken. When that happened, LD 's behaviour regressed to that of a small boy, so that's what you saw.

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You need to bring back the good times.......deliver another Rudy Hartono !

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-We shall wait with bated breath...

...Sure they'll continue to develop badminton players, but so are other countries...As far as the new junior and up & comers mentioned above, forget it, even if they're coached by Hendrawan, FangKH etc....Even the 2 back up MS players(Sony & Simon) have nothing to show for...The future is not good, esp. if PBSI keep sending the same cast of characters to top events..:rolleyes: :p ;)
    (anyways, we're getting off topic with this)..sorry guys..:p ;)

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I don't know what happened, but..

hmm, i'm somewhat agree and disagree. Agree that TH can beat LD even at not being 100% fit, but so far only once(yah, i was surprised his back injury all of a sudden disappeared, gone, *poof*). But disagree, because his record at not being 100% fit is still on the losing end(as he had lost against LD in WC, JO, HKO, TC/UC & who knows what other tourneys)...;)
    ..all we saw was a different LD out there in the Final...Seemed like he either forgot how to play Taufik or intently not go all out in the first 1 1/2 sets..
    Anyways, re whether *both* LD and Taufik will reach "top form" in 2007, well, i really *hope* both will be there, but we shall see. Personally, i doubt it'll happen, because record and history has shown that Taufik is not one who will prep himself up for a full duration competition campaign.
    Chances are we'll see Taufik get up for one(or two) of the top event(s) in 2007 and regress in the others(i would be surprised if he can win more). While LD will stay consistent as always.:p ;)
    (anyways, we're getting a bit off topic also)..:p ;)

#159 ctjcad, Dec 11, 2006
  20. nanofans

nanofans Regular Member

Somehow I can't fully agree with your opinion. LD is not that weak in mind.
    I think people out of China may not understand the 'pyramid' training system. It's very important to understand the pressure behind each Chinese player and their weird performance from time to time.

Players get salaries from the government and in return commit certain results like the quota of salesmen. Once failed, you are out if alternatives can be found easily. Since the age of 4 or 5 as kids, badminton is the only thing they know(they don't go to the regular junior or senior schools). What are they going to make lives without being supported by the official associations?

Professional players in many other countries play as individuals for prizes. Runner-up or semi-final are acceptable. Defeat in the final is not a big deal for you just change your plan from a Mercedez to a Volkswagen taking honor as another topic. They are called to the national team instead of nomination. That makes some difference.