Who will be Men's Doubles Champion?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by tjl_vanguard, Mar 13, 2007.

1. chemile

chemile Regular Member

MK/HS is the winner!!! CONGRAT to them. They did the job well.....

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This was posted by myself on the 12th August, exactly last week!

So, my favorite pair Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan has defied all odds and become the World Champion today! I just sent my congratulatory SMSes to both of them :D The World Championship is indeed a very nice birthday present to Republik Indonesia (celebrating our 62th Birthday just 2 days ago) and to both of themselves (born in August, with Hendra still yet to celebrate his birthday).

NOBODY in this forum gives them a chance, the majority of which are already crowning Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong or Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun EVEN BEFORE the matches start. Admittedly, I only have a slim hope that they will win this week...and they have realized this dream! It is all the more sweeter since the next World Championships will only be held in 2009.

In 2005, when they just started to progress up the rankings table, I already think that they WILL BE a World Champion....just not this soon :D

I hope that the extraordinary victory today will spur them to win an All-England title, Asian Games title (in 2010) and eventually an Olympics Gold medal either next year or in 2012 (they will only be 28 by then).

#402 badMania, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Congratulations to Lili-Nova and Kido-Hendra... I was watching the game with 7 other friends next to our badminton court. We were so so happy! Badminton can bring so much joy!

[​IMG]
    IN-DO-NE-SIA!
    Not as good as Superpower-China yet, but we're getting to be a viable 2nd powerhouse! :D

4. ben95

ben95 Regular Member

studient
    But i think it's normal. Their results this year are not such marvelous.
    They have been a level below KKK/TBH, TG/CW and of course CY/FH.
    This week they manage to raise up their standard. Congrats to them.

5. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Back in 2003, DEN pair LP/JR started off as good but not great pair and therefore was out of radar in our pre-WC prediction. They went on the win the title but look at what has been happening to them since then - still not so impressive. Whether MK/HS is going to be the next CY/FHF or LP/JR, we will see ...

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think KKK/TBH will certainly be the World No 1 once the points for HK Open 2006 are eliminated in two weeks time :cool:

Meanwhile, it will still take quite a while for Kido/Hendra to topple either KKK/TBH or Fu/Cai. One or two more titles in the Super Series this year should consolidate their position as the top INA pair for the Olympics. Luluk/Alvent is a spent force and they can only last maximum till next year's Olympics (if they can qualify).

I am more concerned of AG/Joko's upcoming performance in the Super Series and GP Gold events. They still have yet to win a single GP title or reach the Semi-Finals of a SS event :cool: Consistency and a breakthrough in performance is needed of them.

Bona/Ahsan, currently ranked at 40, could prove to be the next Kido/Hendra. They just won their first Satellite title in Vietnam recently. They should make it to the top 25 if they are sent to the remaining GP gold events this year :cool:

7. armortecfans

armortecfans Regular Member

I am proud of you, Hendra and Kido !
    Congratulations!!!
    So happy that they win this tournament.
    Almost noone predicted that they will win, everyone was just put the hope on KKK/TBH or Cai/Fu. Well, I thought that is really reasonable, since Kido and Hendra haven't shown their best performance ever in the first half of this year. Only runner-up in China Masters.
    But they proved now that they are one of the best pairs.
    Hopefully they can win more and more.
    Anyone has photos of them from WC 2007?

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I am proud of KKK/TBH for they won the Philippine Open. :p Hopefully, they can next win the Kedah Open or Nepal Open as well.

Malaysia Boleh.

9. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    don't forget jakarta satellite chalenger :p

#409 taufik-ist, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

There's no more Jakarta Satellite, only the Gudang Garam Surabaya Challenger to be held next week :p

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Indonesia Challenge

Yeah, BWF insisted that there should only be one BWF-sanctioned tournament that produces World Ranking points other than the Indonesian Open Superseries in Indonesia. So, Jakarta & Surabaya competed for that one slot... and Surabaya won after offering $20,000 in prize money. The tournament is categorized as a "4a" tournament - International Challenge. ;)

KKK-TBH won't compete in Surabaya next week. They probably will go for Japan Superseries and Chinese Taipei Open Gold GP. ...maybe Indian Open Gold GP too, but I don't think so.