What happend between Lin Dan and Li Mao?

Discussion in 'Korea Open 2008' started by ThinkRiver, Jan 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Another reminder of the comment your made.

"If one player gets affected whenever he is not playing in a 100% fair environment, then I think he deserves to lose. I don't see any bias here."

This is contradicting your own opinion.

But pardon me because it is most likely my poor understanding of the English language. :rolleyes:

2. hador7

hador7 Regular Member

But it should be. Li Mao really shouldn't have been involved and that's the point I'm trying to make. LD was disputing a line call, not arguing with LHI (which btw, is impossible, since he's such a nice guy :p). The score was 22-22 and this was the 3rd set of the finals. There is no excuse to get out of your coach's chair.

Not to say there isn't any animosity between the coaches of the different respective teams. But for God's sake, just let the players play.

3. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    it is almost impossible to know what li mao said to ld, but it must have been something pretty insulting if lin dan had to throw his racket at him to vent his frustration.

4. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    this is a competitive sport, anything legal to help you win should be used.

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

LD is not the only one that does it, it is a common tactics, as much as I hate to admit.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u can't construe every LD actions as something done in purpose.
    Maybe LD was thinking about the upcoming game or maybe thinking about XXF back home. If PG want to practice his serve, shuttles are free, just go get one from the courtside.

7. stork

stork Regular Member

-
    No you misunderstood me, LYB is not a coach, more a kind of a team manager or politician or whatever. Li Mao was the coach. Imagine how hard to explain for LYB if his team fails to deliver in Bejing08 because of Li Mao...Li Mao has the opportunity to really build up pressure on LYB with team korea.

And for Lin Dan: he is good, but only a player in a big machinery, his career can be over tomorrow, remember Chen Hong or Xia...

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Let me make my last try.

Let's say a perfect game is 100% fair.

If there is one controversial call, we deduct 5%. If there is one clear bad call, we deduct 10%. If one bad call is made to each side, they cancel. For example, A vs. B, if A gets 2 bad calls, one controversial, B gets 1 bad call, then the fairness of the game is 100% - 2x10% - 5% + 10% = 85%.

LCW's case: 3 controversial calls and 2 bad calls, none was overruled. So the fairness of the game is 100% - 3x5% - 2x10% = 65%. (BCL got no controversial or bad calls.)

Now I said "if one player gets affected whenever he is not playing in a 100% fair environment, then I think he deserves to lose. " and I did not blame LCW for being affected when playing in a 65% fair environment. What is the contradiction? I still don't think I am biased. :cool:

9. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Can you name me any current professionals in the circuit who likes to repetitively provoke other player? Anyway stop defending for LD, he is tarnishing our beloved badminton.. Do you know how ugly it is when the footage is shown live on TV?
    I really am sick of watching LD doing all these ugly stuff live on TV, I thought he already mature every since after that infamous MO06 incident..
    I still remember MO06, I was watching the game with my family, even my mom (who is clueless about badminton) asked me why is that fella so bitter and unfair (referring to LD)..

10. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    cooler seriously go watch that clip, stop defending LD
    I dont hate LD, I really hope he can improve his attitude
    I really wish he change and stop being so immature, seriously it is ugly sight whenever I see this on live TV, tarnish badminton for good

11. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    some could argue that badminton wouldnt be where it is now without LD. many fans go to tournaments just to watch this guy play

12. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

So you point is LCW deserves to lose???

Sorry I already read your comment 3 times.

13. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Like I say you should stop defending your idol, this is not the 1st time he showed his ugly side
    one of my favorite player is Taufik, and I accept that he turned ugly at times, however he usually apologized for unjustly action and I accept anti-Taufik criticism.. I think you guys as a fan you should accept other's criticism and hope for the best

14. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

KKK is one of them if you want me to name it. But I don't blame them, I actually think they bring more controversy to badminton, as long they win fair and square.

Probably because you're not open minded and so whenever LD does seems a bad thing to do.

15. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

LD is not my idol and I am only speaking because people does attack LD and team China blindly.

Perhaps you should stop attacking LD out of every move he does and every gesture he made.

16. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    true, now that you mention it KKK is another culprit too, guess he learned quite a lot of bad habit off CCM lol..
    but to be honest KKK doesn't provoke poeple that much, and I've seen his recent matches he is more mature nowadays... although still a few occasion but he tend not to argue out of proportion over a line call

Anyway peace out guys, whatever is done is done! let just wait for LD's word the next few days

17. jgao_net

jgao_net Regular Member

student
    why?? because what i say is true? ld has rarely out-bursted like this, the last one dating about 2 years ago. and im not even defending him either. i never said what he did was right, im just saying that you're very biased if you only place blame on ld and not li mao. i also dont see you calling out li mao when he provoked LD. isnt that also an 'unjust' action like you say?

imo, this board has a very big anti-lin dan sentiment. whenever he loses there's always ppl saying how happy they are. what makes it even funnier is that this never happens when LCW loses or PG loses or any other player. and yet the ld fans never seem to retaliate. doesnt this seem to you that all the LD fans here are taking all the criticism pretty well?

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    so, it is ok and noble for u to defend TH but it's not ok for some LD fans to do the same:confused::rolleyes:

#138 cooler, Jan 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  19. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Just H walked out from HKO...TH got fine ( no prize money in this case for him)...

Regarding some calls, I had been told by INA team, indeed, some calls ( on INA XD vs KOR XD), are too close like 1 or 2 inches, so it is hard for umpire to dispute or correct the calls....Flandy knew it also but he hardly protest all those calls...just too bad....

I sa the video, all I can say that it is bad for our sport...regardless it is LD's fault or not...I believe that I had said that the bad calls would happen again on LD's match....all the players I was rooting were lost....:crying::crying::crying:

20. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    cmon whenever Taufik puts us to shame i'll hibernate and accept all the wonderful criticism made by anti-TH fans haha...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.