Wang Shixian better improve or she may face the axe if JYJ or LXR are ranked 4th

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by Miqilin7, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Obviously the Wang is WSX. The draw in India Super Series speaks for itself. Wang Xin and Wang Yihan are not participating to secretly sharpen their swords while Wang Shixian is to be put to the test.

How she will deal with the pressure as number 1 seed and to impress the boss is not easy path? She is definitely in deep trouble. LXR will be sneak in to take over her place..sigh!

If Nehwal also takes the H2H, what do you think she is planning on her end? Trying to win India SS to prevent LXR from qualifying because on paper, she knew LXR will pose a bigger threat to her should they meet instead of WSX..

Maybe WSX could use some Nehwal involuntary help.....

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Will Nehwal deliberately lose to WSX?

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Saina and Gopi are probably having a bit of a giggle at the moment. They are the ones who have the opportunity to control who they don't want to go the the Olympics.

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    That doesnt sound right and it should be the other way round I reckon. If you want to take H2H into account, unless Nehwal thinks she is all super mighty peaking at the time and feels she can take on any chinese player; then she has no reason to deliberately lose but play her own game.

Now the other scenario, what if she does care about the h2h and Li Xuerui at the moment stands a higher chance of beating her on paper. WSX could benefit from this.

Big question if should they meet..Would WSX lose deliberately and subtly without LYB spotting any foul play.

WSX could make an excuse saying ...sorry coach, i did my best but she was too good....last month she beat me in Swiss.what can i do...

Moving forward, Nehwal has overtaken LXR leaving LYB with no choice to send 3 Wangs, WSX's cheeky plan succeed according to her favour.

5. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

LYB can take any of them out easily by stating an injury right?

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LYB need to decide which three of the four to send to London on 31 May 2012, ie a few days after Uber Cup. After 31 May 2012, i don't think he can change his mind. If he could, it would be most unfair.

http://bwfbadminton.org/file_download.aspx?id=41435&tid=1

7. djake

djake Regular Member

Dr
    Actually I don't think it matters if LXR is not in the top 4. If I'm not mistaken, LYB can choose any 3 players from the top 8. Zhang Ning was world no.5 but she was chosen in favour of Zhu Lin for Beijing 2008.

Maybe they have changed the rules.

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    You are absolutely right on that. Even if the rules on paper do not allow China/LYB to cherry pick any 3 players from the top 4 should LXR ranked 4th by the end of the day, he could simply bend the rules by forcing WSX who once again was rightfully awarded a third spot in the Olympics because she was ahead, he could force WSX to produce a medical certificate to say she is unfit to play to the IOC,

Then IOC has no choice but to allow LXR qualify...however that does not apply if LXR doesnt reach the top four bracket.

If they do not accept LYB's excuse, he could just stirred up the whole issue by claiming WSX does not act in the interest of the China team hence faking her axe from the Chinese team. LYB is a shameful person with lots of low tactics to get what he wants.

In this current situation, the WS selection is decided by what he feels and thinks is right, not the opinions of the coaches who went through thick and thins together with the players aka Zhang Ning. If he doesnt like Wang Yihan, he could destroy her easily too...remember had Wang Lin not injured herself, she would be booted a long time ago.

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Continued...

If this situation was dated back then in the days Li YongBo was the coach of the players, I might have accepted his verdict. However as a faithful fan, it's now totally unfair for one person who has been sitting behind his desk, doing nothing else but instructing players to fix matches and taking almost every credit which he doesn't actually deserve telling which player to go and not to go when the players have come this far with the ultimate aim to qualify for the Olympics

In his minor defense, his plan has worked well for China's sake but consequently it destroyed a lot of good careers. I think it's only fair if Zhang Ning decides what's best for the team not the man who is breathes only his ego and pride of China.

That would be a fair and acceptable decision to a bigger extent.

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Thanks pcll99 maybe someone could update the h2h records for the past year?

The coaches I believe shouldn't have too much influence on the decision because they coach, but it is results that are important and you can see by the results who should go or not.

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I believe the defeat at Qingdao to Wang Yihan has summed up her journey to the Olympics...the end of the road...

Looks like on paper Wang Yihan, Wang Xin and Li Xuerui are on course to play for China...poor Wang Shixian, must be very gutted and hateful of everything she stood and played for her entire career.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    not sure if there is a more appropriate thread for this drawing... ;)

522878_10150878676352348_201277392347_9545497_971835035_n[1].jpg

14. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I think we can all see the symbolic meaning of this picture. LXR is here to stay.

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    She will feature in both Singapore and Indonesia Opens....and gonna show the SEA crowd who's boss.

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I knew this will eventually happen...Li Xuerui and Wang Yihan's positions are locked now and they are definitely going to London irrespective of how they perform in Uber Cup

Li Yongbo now needs to choose between Wang Xin and Wang Shixian to fill the third spot.

My instinct is right ...it was indeed a tough decision with Wang Xin having not won a single title and crashing way too early compared to the rest...

Read from here: http://sports.qq.com/a/20120501/000539.htm

Who will you go for now ?

a) Wang Shixian - A player with mediocre skills and performance but she can consistently make it to the semis at most and doesn't have what it takes to beat the top non-Chinese players comfortably

b) Wang Xin - A big risk right there. A player who have perfect record against Baun but is she consistent enough to even get past the early round robin or even the round 16 to even take out Baun. She will either crash out early or she will go straight to the final.

Choose !

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is as if the reporter just lifted the data we presented in this thread and wrote an article out of it!

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    LYB said the final list will be announced in July

Why is he taking such a long time to decide ....i thought the deadline is 20th june to submit your entry for the group stage draw to be announced ?

What is he up to actually ?

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it make sense to wait till the very last moment allowed.

what if one of them twisted their ankle during practice? what if one of them get really sick and cannot train? it is only wise to wait till the last moment

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

He's also probably trying to maintain competitiveness right to the last minute; I bet he'd ring the girls, to tell them whether or not they're in, the night before the flight to London were it allowed...