Victor Thruster K9900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MagicElite, Mar 20, 2015.

1. gavannn

gavannn Regular Member

that was fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Thanks to the 34 job.

3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    The racket responded well and much better imo with a thinner gauge string. It was the same with my Z Force II which I loved to pair with Li Ning No.1 and other thinner strings as when compared to slightly thicker ones. It's either that or I just like the sound it makes on delicate touches (probably the latter :p).

Can't wait to try this one on 9900 tho. This itch has needed scratching for a long time. As always, thanks to winston for this one.

nb6 98 JP.jpg

4. Papa-chan

Papa-chan Regular Member

Does anyone know how the k9900 compares with li-ning n55iii?

5. baronspill

baronspill Regular Member

deleted

#1145 baronspill, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  6. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Any comparisons between tk falcon? In particular the 4u. Thanks

7. AK77

AK77 Regular Member

Hi swsh, the 9900 you have is a 3U or 4U ? Thanks

8. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Had. The racket is now with a very happy new owner. The racket was 3u. I don’t use 4u’s they feel “dodgy” to me.

9. Eastfield

Eastfield Regular Member

Why did you part ways with it?

10. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I dove for the shuttle and because I was at the other place than usual, the court took quite a bit of actual material off of my racket.

It wouldn't realistically survive for much longer at my tensions hence I let it go.

11. lks332

lks332 Regular Member

i've decided to give the good ol' TKs another crack, one in part i used to use the TK8000s and absolutely loved them until i broke all 5 of them and couldn't find them anywhere else, and two, in part of the crazy unseen max tensions listed on the cones of the racket. I mean, 33lbs for a 4U, seriously?

Got myself a 4U (hate playing quick pushes at the front of the court with 3Us), and absolutely loving it.

I haven't felt so comfortable hitting hard since playing with the TK8000s, it delivered the punch i needed, but yet the speed required for playing quick exchanges that i felt the 8000s were lacking somewhat. Over the years i've tried a number of frames that purportedly delivers a good hybrid of speed and power, (Zspeed anyone?), but none have quite came up to the performance of the 9900. The ZSpeed doesn't seem to survive high tensions well as well (was using the VS850 at 32lbs for it)

I'm not great going into technical details in reviewing rackets, but to me, this racket seems like a ZSpeed that delivers all its purported qualities without it's deficiencies (for a 4U at least).

Time to buy a lot more before it goes out of production.

#1151 lks332, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  12. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I'm now an owner once again but this time instead of the shoddy grommets that came with it, I'm using the Gosen grommets on it.

Time to reacquaint myself with it after it gets strung with 66um tomorrow afternoon.

#1152 swsh, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  13. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

So you removed the grommet strip too?
    Yea I noticed the grommets on my Inferno had super thick heads (might even be thicker than AC416W), but I found the tube end to be very prone to splitting/cracking.

Wonder if you'll like this more than the EX and hope it lasts you long enough before your inevitable ax99 purchase :rolleyes:

14. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Previous one lasted long enough so I bet the same will be the case with this :p

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

This! The Inferno had the most fragile grommets on the tube end side that I have ever seen on a top end racket. Some of them split during the very first session.

Okaharu and swsh like this.
  16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Definitely don't disagree but I believe the voltrics have us spoiled in that regard. Dennis certainly hasn't been helping the cause.

17. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

1. Dear seniors, Victor is the only big 3 which I havent got a chance to try and seldom see people using in my area. Read some good reviews about TK9900 and wonder if it is easy (for me) to generate great smash.

2. Some clarificarion when I said easy, I can generate reasonable good smash with zf1 3u , zf2 4u, ldf 3u, n7ii, LN airstream N55 iii, D10 3u. But then not so with n9ii, Astrox 77 3u and 88d 3u. With deal respects to n9ii supporters, im not saying n9ii is bad, it is just me who feel that it is one of the hardest to execute powerful smash rackets I had played and tested.

3. Did some research and am aware that TK 9900is a few years back racket. And oso read up TK F which reviews are just so-so. Is TK9900 still a good buy in 2018? If ref to my para 2, would u think i might suits me? ^^

4. Im a singles player and occassionally play doubles. A player who tries to control and attack when opportunities arise. At time can be aggressive and took some risk, if my smash doesnt go thru... it's all about running. Appreciate any comments. ^^

(P.S: My local store dont have rental services and imo drg swing dont represent real feel compare to after strung n played in a real game)

#1157 dtjovan, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  18. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    TK9900 is one of the hardest racket to use (very stiff/head heavy) but can be very rewarding. Get the 3U version!

dtjovan likes this.
  19. dtjovan

dtjovan Regular Member

In fact i rushed to get one earlier. Got the 3U. Love stiff rackets as well as HH too.

So how's your experience with it? If u had reviewed it, would appreciate your link to it.

Good day!

#1159 dtjovan, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I picked a 3U sample up and thought it was a 4U - lightest-feeling "3U" I've ever owned, which is surprising given the balance.