Victor Thruster K9900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MagicElite, Mar 20, 2015.

1. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Just ordered this like 2 hours ago after a day of thinking over my options. @shreyas666 made me choose it over a ZF2 3u JP coded since I already had one. Hope I like it as much as I like my ZF2 :)

thruster 9900.PNG

konww002 likes this.
  2. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

that's a good price you got. i'm pretty sure that's from e78?

swsh likes this.
  3. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Correct.

4. badmintony

Lord bless them and racquestforce:D I've been thinking too about this TK 9900, but I'm still having a dilemma whether this one, or TK Falcon:)

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I want the stiffness and compact head so didn't bother even looking at falcon personally. And then there's the grommet sinking issues that I am not about to take a chance with.

6. badmintony

With the Falcon too? I haven't read or heard anything about that issue happening with the FTK. I know its the case with the JS10 and JS12 at high tensions. But Falcon I believe isn't out in the market yet.

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    No I mean those tri frame system whatever made me not confident with it. I'd like people to first test it at high tensions before I have any chances of even looking at it seriously.

It not being out is the biggest issue since I don't want to be the guinea pig ;).

8. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

Hi All, I wish to ask for some advice in regards to choosing either a 3U or 4U of TK9900. I am currently using Duora Z Strike 3UG5 and I wish to find a similar weight and balance feel to it. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I can only say. You're looking in the wrong place if you're considering this racket. A 3U JS10 for example has more in common with the Z Strike than the TK9900 ever will.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

10. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

I don't think so, my JS 10 3U had a very different balance feel as my DZS.

11. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    May not have the same balance feel for you. But what makes you think something so head heavy like the TK9900 is the answer? The DZS at best is only slightly head heavy like a ARC11. But you're looking at a racket that is in the region of a VT80 to ZFII.

12. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

I feel that the DZS has not enough head heaviness in it and I am hesitant to add lead tape. I don't want a ZF2 as I don't like the frame shape. I only briefly tried the TK9900 4UG5 and felt less punch coming from it.

13. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    You felt less punch from 9900 compared to a z strike?

14. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

Less punch from a 4U 9900

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Ah I see. Makes more sense now. Personally I'm surprised you found less from a 4UG5 9900. I've owned both the Z Strike in 3UG5 and 9900 in 4UG5. I found that the 9900 had less punch too. BUT, it was on my end that was causing the issue. I play even balanced to slightly head heavy, things like a BS12, ARC11, DZS, MX80, SW35, and etc, I think you see the trend here. So I admit that moving to a sort of stiff head heavy even in 4U is quite a dimensional shift in terms of type of racket and the technique that is require to truly bring out the potential in it.

What I'm trying to say is that having enough years of experience playing with all sorts of rackets (because trying is all part of the fun), I'm not man enough to ever truly properly use a head heavy racket like a TK9900, ZFII, and VT80. But I never once thought that the DZS was actually more powerful. Yes, I hit better but experience also told me that it's out of my capabilities at the moment to hit better with the TK9900 even though I know it can easily.

Also I'm curious. What is it about the frame shape you dislike about the ZFII?

16. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

I enjoy playing the ZF2 but I am experiencing sinking of the frame just by string at 26lbs+10% PS. In terms of the feel, it was good due to the vibration control.

On the other hand, DZS is a sturdier frame and I have yet to find any problems with sinking frame.

I also love trying different racquets and not limit myself to a brand.

I had a good impression on the TK 9900 4U in terms of feel but the shots lack strength from the back of the court (even with correct timing). Maybe a 3U version would fix it.

17. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

Also, I hate changing the grommet strips of the ZF2. Too much work

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Very true. I understand the pain. Having to shove all those spikes into so many holes at different angles.. Truly a pain.
    Hmmm so you have experience with extra stiff and head heavy.. I can't comment on the frame sinking. I know a couple of guys who pull the same tensions as me (30/32lbs) but use 4UG5 ZFIIs. They can't seem to break it. Granted they do have frame sinks now because their rackets are a couple of years old and they, unlike me, don't really take care of watching their grommets. So with evidence right in front of me, I know the ZFII is a bleeding tank. 26lbs even with the PS function pulling 10% isn't that close enough to the tensions we stick with.

Anyway back on topic. Given your experience with using the ZFII, I don't think that the 9900 is an answer to your problem. It's a fantastic racket. But I never found it really any better at doing what a ZFII can. They're the same yet different if you get what I mean.

19. konww002

konww002 Regular Member

I think you are right. The only thing to prove it is buy a 3UG5 TK9900 and test it. Hehe

20. DarkHiatus

DarkHiatus Regular Member

Odd that you say ZF2 frame shape you don't like compared to TK9900. The reason I bought a TK9900 was because the frame shape was similar (compact design) but slightly less head heavy and slightly less stiff.

If it's all about sinking grommets, the TK9900 is built like a tank, so you'll have no complaints there.