Victor Thruster K9900

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by MagicElite, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Kyoshinster

Kyoshinster New Member

Using VS 890 for the first time on my BS12 after BG 80 got really dull. So far it's not bad (it's on the lower price range for 0.68mm where I get strings)

2. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    Ended up with 3u zy66fire @28. Felt pretty solid first time around but it just tires me out. Pains me but tk6000 4u is the active racquet again, might give the 4u version a try or maybe just give in and get a less stiff racquet.

3. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I don't think it's just the 3u weight difference that tires you out. I think most likely it's because of the stiffness of the shaft as well. Since you are used to the 4u tk6000, and it is a less stiff racquet, plus a tad lighter, it will take time for your body to adjust. With the 3u tk9900, you will have to swing harder to get the same speed as you would with the tk6000. I love my 4u tk6000, because it is an excellent racquet. If your body likes the tk6000 better, you should give your body what it wants .

4. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Guys, I don't have any experience with Thruster series. Can anyone tell me the difference between TK7000S (TTY) and TK9900 (Mark iii)? TK9900 seems a better racket on paper but still, it's not the one TTY use :p

5. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    The stiffness and head size at least.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Wouldn't use Ashaway with a gun in my face - way, way too soft for my liking, and no feel at all.

I heard rumours they were working on a BG80-like string. If so, the very best of luck to them.

7. Konquerian

I thought you just ordered the n9ii recently, now you are interested in the tk9900 as well? Pulling the trigger on it also ? I also bought a tk9900 and I just received Friday. I will definitely compare it to my main racquet, the n9ii, real soon when I get a chance to use it this coming Wednesday.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  8. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Hahahaha. Indeed I just ordered N9ii recently. I even haven't received it yet, it is scheduled to arrive this coming Tuesday.

When I was still actively playing badminton, I trained 5 times a week and I mainly played singles. I used to play doubles just for 'fun' after training session. Since I don't practice that much anymore, I mainly play doubles now, that's why I use JS12 and BS12 at the moment. I like the idea of N9ii, slightly head-heavier than JS12, but still fast enough for playing doubles, and that is why I pulled the trigger for N9ii. Plus Li Ning build quality which is better than Victor doesn't hurt either. Recently, I start playing singles again and I feel much, much, more satisfied playing singles, whether I win or lose. I start watching TTY videos on Youtube and really impressed with her skills and deceptions. And with just like that, I am tempted now to look for a single racket for my singles games :p

But of course I will not pull any trigger until I get my N9ii on my hand. Maybe I can even use my N9ii for my singles. But for now, TK7000S and TK9900 are on my radar. Oh, I have tried ZFII. While I like the power when I hit the sweetspot, I don't think it is the right racket for me.

I will be waiting for your review Konquerian, since you have both N9ii and TK9900 :D :D

#1068 Khamenman, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  9. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

The TK 7000S and TK9900 are not even vaguely similar.
    If you like TTY, you could also wait for the TK Falcon to drop.

10. Konquerian

OMG! I strung my new tk9900 with ashaway zymax 66 fire power. If I don't like it or it is really that bad, I'll be the one needing a gun in my face .

This is my first time using that string, but I did hear some good stuff about it, which is why I'm giving it a try. At least the orange color looks damn good with the tk9900 war paint .

If you can't die happy, then at least die pretty !

tkmdr likes this.
  11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I keep trying to find a string better than Ultimax, but I keep failing. :D

Saw the 9900 in a shop on the weekend. Totally right up my alley in 4U form.

12. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I found the NS1 (Li-Ning) a good option for the 66UM. I'd say it comes somewhere between the 66UM and 66F.

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

To each his/her own - you may very well end up liking it.
    My first concern when it comes to string is feel - don't care about power, don't care about durability:).

visor likes this.
  14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Which is why I love Ultimax :cool: But then again you string at stupid tensions so it would probably last one game in your hands.

15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I still can't understand how people use it. It dies so fast.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Because I'm old and slow and hit like a girl at 24lbs?

Ch1k0 likes this.
  17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

What's that thing in front of the four?

shreyas666 and slackpetesam like this.
  18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    A girl?

19. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Is this the new string labeled No.1?

20. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Just because Mark doesn't like Ashaway, doesn't make it a bad string...it is merely his personal taste. I tend to string more in Ashaway than any other string.

I recently tested Li-Ning No1 and it gave me a sore arm. Changed to another string and the pain was gone. That doesn't mean No1 is a bad string, it's just that it doesn't suit me.

I know of three players recently who have purchased TK9900 and love it.

We should all remember that what works for us doesn't necessarily work for others. I read so many opinions on this forum which is great. However, every player feels a racket in a unique way. What works for one, may not work for another. I test lots of rackets and thankfully I rarely receive a bad one. Maybe the retailers are being careful what they send me. But, I still do not try to influence and merely report how the racket played.

Sometimes we need to be careful not to express our opinion in such a way that it sounds as though it is the only one that counts. There are many influencers on here and we all have a responsibility to ensure every reader receives an honest opinion and yet there is still room for personal judgement to overrule that opinion.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk