Victor MX80 vs MX70

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Porky, Aug 7, 2011.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I wonder how the Victor MX70 will compare to the Yonex VT70?

Hmm....I think I'll try my friends VT70 this week.

2. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Firstly i wanted a 4U MX70, but as it would have it, they doesnt have any 4U and as the weight difference is quite minor as compared to Yonex weighting (I was told that Victor generally produces all the racquet in 3U range 85g and above, and those that are nearer to 85g are classified as 4U which was exactly wat i measured when i bought my MX80 which is 85.6g - 4U)....hence gotta make do with a 3U MX70.

2ndly as i bought from the authorised victor distributor the free string i could choose is only Victor range, hence i went for the VS850 which is similar in thickness and repulsion to BG80

As for the grip, actually there isnt much difference albeit a minor 1.....both i removed the original grip and change with a a replacement karakal super-pu grip, juz that distributor way of gripping and my own way of gripping is different, hence the thickness is slightly different...hehe

That is a fact and definitely MX80 is 1 of the better looking racquets i've ever seen, hence i've decided to keep it even if 1 day i dun use it anymore:p

3. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Anyway i juz had my 2nd game today and without a doubt my defense have improve greatly and i'm able to flick back the shuttle further than i used to be able to with lesser effort....as tiredness sets in, i was still able to play aggressively and precisely as the racquet was quite easy to maneourve and my wrist dun hurt anymore which implies that probably MX80 was still too stiff for me use....i actually felt that MX70 is better than my BS11 in all aspects....but i'm not going to do a comparison review but perhaps those used to Bravesword series can consider getting the MX70 which is quite similar in feature but better all-round;)

4. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Hi there, where you get the mx70? can i find it in singapore?? how much is it??

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Singapore is a pretty small freakin' island with one Victor distributor that even I know about and I live no where near Singapore.

6. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    I just moved to sg last 2 weeks XD

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I spent a week in Singapore once XD

8. lostLore

lostLore Regular Member

Hi ah.b|ack there is only one victor distributor in singapore and the link to their website is here http://www.badmintonshop.blogspot.com/. As for the price, I have no idea. U gotta go down and check it out.

9. keithshu

keithshu Regular Member

Student
    Hi,Porky..I considering to buy MX70 and MX80..since that i also have BS11(3u), can you tell me is it MX70 is heavier than BS11? And how about the swing weight between these 2 rackets? my wrist power isn't that strong..waiting for your reply soon! :D

10. Porky

Porky Regular Member

It's being quite sometime since i last touch my BS11....but weight wise, there isnt any difference if u are comparing 3U with a 3U only difference being the balance point if thats what u meant? Not too sure wat u meant by swing weight as i'm not such a technical player actually....i can only say that both swings as fast and i can do fast drives easily with both racquets without hurting my wrist as compared to MX80 which is more stiffer....seriously speaking, unless u really like the looks of MX70, else my personal feel is that MX70 has a slight improvement from the BS series which u might not need to spend extra $$$ to buy another racquet for similar properties with marginal improvements *shrug*

11. keithshu

keithshu Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for your reply,porky..u had answer my questions..the swing weight I asked is I want to know is it mx70 can drive with fast speed n less effort..now I want to buy a more powerful racket than bs11..perhaps superwave 37 can fulfill my desire..

12. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Cant comment on SW37...but if u want a more powerful racquet compared to BS11, MX80 is the 1 to go for....it swings and drives as fast and packs a punch in smashes...not too difficult to wield....why i say my wrist hurts is becoz i've fractured my wrist b4 and my wrist is not as strong as previously and during sudden jerks, i could easily feel the pain if the racquet is too stiff...otherwise a normal player shouldnt have such wrist pain from playing with MX80

13. keithshu

keithshu Regular Member

Student
    I know MX80 is a powerful racket for smashing! But the problem is i having a low wrist strength..i scare i can't handle MX80 as it's a high demanding racket! I start to doubt my ability to play with stiff racket since my smash isnt as powerful than before,and would like to give myself a try on less stiff shaft racket..now i just headache on deciding which 1 to buy: MX80,MX70 and SW37..

14. visor

visor Regular Member

So, giving an interim comparison review after a chance to play 2 hours with my mx70 that arrived yesterday. Received a copy weighing 87.4g. Had wanted one closer to the 85.4g of my trusty mx80, but c'est la vie. Gripped with white rkep elite and strung with vs850 at exactly the same tension as mx80 (both ping exactly at 1026Hz), both also have exactly same bp at 293mm! Only difference is mx70 is exactly 2.0g heavier. ............ Which is in way good as it seems to pound harder despite the flexier shaft. Clears and smashes are easier and noticeably more powerful at the slight expense of tad slower maneuverability and defense. Drives are less predictable and less accurate. Somehow the flexier shaft lacks the instant responsiveness and immediacy that is almost telegraphic that I so loved in the mx80. .......Will update as I get more time with it.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i played with mine a little yesterday. just one game.

the MX70 is exactly what is expected it to be. a slightly more forgiving MX80. same feel, same crispness as MX80, but not as stiff and harsh like the MX80.

16. visor

visor Regular Member

Actually I find that I'm addicted to and much prefer that stiff and harsh feel of the mx80 that is absent in the mx70. It feels more immediate, responsive, direct, connected. I can be pretty much sure that the bird will go wherever I aim. However, the mx70 is relatively less demanding.

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    cannot disagree with that...

sob. :crying: :crying:

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Lol, :grouphug: (btw we need a grouphug smiley! Not just that, more other smileys like barf, flame, slap, poke, etc!) ..... BTW what was your mx80 dry wt?

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    86.65g + whatever i cut off... ;)

balance is 295mm

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i guess i need to bring the scale and ruler to racketsupply next time...