Victor Korea Open Superseries 2017 (September 12-17, 2017)

Discussion in '2017 Tournaments' started by Master, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DanNguyen

DanNguyen Regular Member

Yes that interpretation is much better I am sorry for overreacting. But in badminton raising an arm means a challenge otherwise they would not do it.. If the umpire were to question the meaning of every arm raise there would be a lot of trouble and arguements considering there is already disputes over refusal of challenge due to raising the arm late.

2. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah, she did that because her opponent was away and she was on the back court, meanwhile she shook hands with he coaches (near to her) today was finale and emotions get better of norms (if it is at all)
    Though the shook and lil chat showed how much they respect each other, and PVS has showed that time and again even after loosing OG final.

arjevo and DanNguyen like this.
  3. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I wad also surprised Boe complaining and insisting that he didn't touch the shuttle and he got the yellow card as the result. He should show more sportmanship I agree. But maybe best not generalize all european like him.

DanNguyen likes this.
  4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Guys cut him some slack already, he was confused as of what happened just me and GC herself.
    It's possible he didn't know his partner touched it and that's nothing wrong about taking chances, but in any which way the main aim was to get some break.
    Recalling past incidents isn't necessary. We all know about certain players and their "behaviour".
    Peace

CIA-99 and DanNguyen like this.
  5. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Also it was correct when Antonsen was shouting like "mad man" a young guy playing hard to make his mark being robbed and nobody listening to him even when he's correct, put yourself in that position. You'll shout even louder if possible

CIA-99, stanleyfm and DanNguyen like this.
  6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think all in all ,Boe is by far the worst character. He is really not happy young guys trying to usurp him.

Master likes this.
  7. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

It happens, man. Don't be so sore.
    It happen with THA pair Kedren/Sapsiree at Thailand GPG and a TPE pair at Taipei GP.
    Do they admit it? Of course not.
    It happens sometimes.

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

That incident wasnt even obvious that CTC touched the shuttles unlike JuhlPed and Boe case.

Just showing this 3 cases is character of Denmark people (?)

9. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Dang.
    Are you that insecure? This is the mentality that I dislike. Boe/Moe doesn't care much about youngsters, just that they win.

10. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Bro, I was on your side in the beginning as I also feel annoyed with Boe, but calling him the worst is too much..

11. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I'm not sore why should i be? its a good day lol you cant win all the time. just trying to make some sense of sentences here.

12. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

It is that obvious. I had seen the match and Chou Tien Chen acted like he won the match already. Same with his coach. Thank god Antonsen showed the error.
    Did you dislike CTC? I don't think so.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I dont know why he tells the fans to shut up or not loud enough with that signs to the ear again? People come to watch and support their players should be a good thing for badminton. Man....

14. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

I hope you mean that because the crowd just booed Boe/Mog and some old Dane couples all the time. It's disrespectful and a poor showing for "someone who wan to support their players."

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  15. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

Oh please........

16. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Today it was Mogensen-Boe (the uncles) who draw the longest straw, next time it's probably the (minions) on top again, that's life on court 1 And yes Boe do have some rough edges, but from what I hear low and high it's quite simple,, people enjoy to follow their matches, coz of a certain unpredictability for the outcome and tensions will normal for sure fly high (edge) So whatever ThanXXX to all the Feather-artists who make this sport great with their different mindset and approach to the sport, so please keep on flying so we avoid to many commercial sports robots.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    He does that to wind up the audience and put pressure on the opponents. To be honest, some Danes are very clever at that sort of thing and some don't do it at all. You see it in other sports to a varying degree. It is called match psychology. People may not like it, but unfortunately (or fortunately) it is part of the nature of competitive sports.

I prefer the audience being animated and part of the game.

18. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Don't talk rot.

This is Indonesian Fans scoring another "own goal" by booing Boe/Morgensen to rile them up -- without realizing that Kevin/Marcus are much younger and more likely to be affected by "crowd support"...

Indonesian Fans need to learn to reserve this "strategy" for their veteran players like Ahmad/Natsir -- who have seen everything and can turn things around even when they are injured or trailing.

19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yup its over guys.

Perfect 6-0 record is no more, 6-1 now. Hopefully wont be broken in 100 years, shouldnt be though as there are no new pairs now. It will live long in memories. champ in hearts for trying their best in defeat.

20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Then Boe played the audience perfectly to his advantage ;) you just confirmed that I didn't talk 'rot'.

He cannot help if the audience are excitable in the first place. :)

Although Boe plays the psychological game perfectly, it doesn't mean that he has to be liked by everybody.