Victor Denmark Open 2023 (17-22 October)

Discussion in '2023 Tournaments' started by pajrul, Oct 16, 2023.

1. keithl

keithl Regular Member

software engineer
    LZJ and coach would need to work out a formula to counter the left hander. He has success today when the push is to the backhand of WHY but his natural tendency is to push to his forehand which would be most opponents backhand and immediately get smashed

2. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Maybe they used the duck to to it

3. xsakurax

xsakurax Regular Member

LJH has so much potential
    Just like how LJH manages to drag LZJ to rubber when NTY unable to do so last week
    Too bad LJH progress is hinder by his injuries

cococo likes this.
  4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Victor court and shuttles no good for lzj. Too grippy and fast. Yonex is better.[​IMG]

You guys notice the victor court comments by other players?

I also notice yonex shuttles tends to be slower. Easier for lzj to control. You notice this victor shuttle can go 466kmh? Crazy fast. lol ;)

5. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

yeah.TianHouwei style is more or less similar. .

6. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

Dude…we all get that you don’t like her, but you need to keep it above the bar.

Encouraging group sexual assault against a female, player or otherwise, is not acceptable in society or in online forums.

@mods in addition to the profanity this is clearly crossing into the threshold of hate speech. I’m not sure why this is being allowed to continue in a public forum with acceptable use guidelines. Alongside fans, this site is frequented by coaches, officials and even players themselves. Is this the kind of discourse you want represented to the world?

#346 Desireless, Oct 22, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    lurker, Justin L, Simeon and 7 others like this.
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wow, following on @Simeon and @keithl both dubbing Weng Hongyang as the new Lin Dan (which, frankly, I thought was a bit too early to tell), now I can only add, Weng Hongyang's LinDanesque performance throughout this tournament is astounding - Weng Hongyang Rocks !

The way WHY routed the Anthony Ginting,whom I regarded as the fastest player in the circuit in terms of speed of movement, is almost unbelievable coupled with crisp attacks and amazing defense as well as good anticipation; followed by how he came from far behind in G1 to pip Shi Yuqi 21-19, and then despite SYQ stepping up his game in the second set, WHY kept pace and spurted to the finishing line in the last lap; and finally, today, how WHY stamped his authority on Lee Zii Jia was an anti-climax as LZJ looked clueless, stunned, completely outplayed in every department.

The only match I missed was WHY taking out Toma Junior Popov in a three-setter (if any of you has the full video of that match, kindly post it here. TIA ).

So as keithl revealed, WHY admitted he took advice (pointers) from Lin Dan in one his previous interviews...Hmmm, that explains why Weng HY appearing to show glimpses of Lin Dan to make you guys tout him as the " new Lin Dan or Lin Dan 2.0 ", or, perhaps, it's just confirmation bias ?

Well, personally, I'd love to see Weng Hongyang becoming the next Lin Dan, a wishful thinking or tall order, at this moment, I must say. We'll see.

If you ask me, I daresay, looking ahead, I am not the least bit surprised that CHN's MS representatives to the Paris OG would be Li Shifeng and Weng Hogyang, crowding out Shi Yuqi.

KBM424, Suilven and magnumcyclonex like this.
  8. LeeRey

LeeRey Regular Member

Sports Analyst
    What about Zhao Junpeng?

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A similar question was asked of me earlier and I've already discounted him, that is, I don't rate his chances or talents on the same level as the two I picked, LSF and WHY. Also I didn't even mentioned Lu Guangzu , for the same reason.

10. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

That was a STFU (shut the **** up) performance from CYF, nice to see a Badminton match without the shenanigans.

What can I say about the men’s final, WHY masterclass,
    he knocked the stuffing out of LZJ who at one point turned round to his coaches with a hands out “what do I do” gesture,
    WHY new Lin Dan?, maybe, one thing I noticed about him today was after hitting LZJ with combos and didn’t kill the point,
    he resets and wait for another opportunity without keep on gunning it wasting energy or risk making a mistake,
    patient and calculating, that’s a good trait. :cool:

11. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

If it’s the person I think you’re referring to, it’s Gill Clark,
    I’ve heard Kirsty Gilmour commentating recently,she’s was very good i thought.

#351 Suilven, Oct 22, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  12. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

@Cheung please delete the posts mentioning pussy and bitch repeatedly.

13. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

mark my word and do believe me, after LZJ vs WHY match last night, LZJ will never able to defeat WHY again in future as WHY is going to be LD 2.0...

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Same with VA against KM?

Suilven likes this.
  15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Please report which other ones. I have been busy on another tournament and not followed this thread.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ..and LZJ is up against WHY in his first match of the French Open.

Simeon likes this.
  17. gitee

gitee Regular Member

self employed
    LZJ has not found the solution to WHY. That is why he will withdraw from French Open on the pretext of being tired as he does not want to suffer another trashing by WHY and in the 1st round.

Suilven and Gigabit like this.
  18. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Reported every comment which I could have found.

19. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Forgot I kept the concerned user in the "ignore" list ages ago.Was clueless of the complaints untill saw your post.

While I've witnessed blatant "fan girling", speaking out of turns, rambling and often misinformed. Never found any value in the posts and only agitated me with all the childish name calling and tagging (from the mentioned user), hence the ignore.
    But this is beyond, such profanity and hate speech should be treated with zero tolerance.
    While I understand the rage against unprofessionalism of certain players in recent events, derogatory remarks shall not be entertained.

20. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

I put my hand up at using the B….h word (page 12 - #239) in response to the conversation after ‘that’ match,
    it was said it jest followed by smilies, mods, feel free to remove it or any of my posts therafter if you feel it contravened the forum rules.

#360 Suilven, Oct 22, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2023