VICTOR CHINA Open 2019 : R/32 - FINAL (17-22 September)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

Those were minions (Gideon) dealing with their nervousness, especially in the second half of G3. They were leading with a big gap but daddies with an injured Ahsan was slowly catching up, not an easy match at all.

By the way, what a fantastic racket skill by Ahsan there! :eek:

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Same for marin shouts. Lets move on. Worst are the bad calls which bwf ignores. ;)

KhoaHa and LenaicM like this.
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Ahsan was playing much better after he became less mobile. Adrenaline at its best. Hope he didn't aggravate his injury though.

4. Gacon1234star

Gacon1234star Regular Member

Call someone mad dogs is very impolite and disrespectful

trizzforce likes this.
  5. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

I don't about playing much better but he was definitely (showing and) using his racket skills more effectively. :D
    I surely hope so.

rhoder likes this.
  6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yes I meant his racket skills. Guess since he didn't need to move his legs much, he had all the time he need to focus on his racket skill to the most:p

If only Marcus could learn from Ahsan :D

7. vozer here

vozer here Regular Member

1 of marin's biggest lost when injured is rite at that moment, anks claimed that he become her fan[​IMG] [​IMG]
    i dont think so since i watched a lot of hollywood movies. Just like underdog. Dog not always mean to insult

8. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

I think it simply shows that MD discipline is always pretty competitive, even in the days of CHN NT domination era.

9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Always but i never remember about CaiFu,LeeYoo/KidoHendra / PaaskeRassmus? What about those pairs outside top 8?

These days the top 20 is so competitive. What i mean is unlike other sectors, Round 1 in MD already has so many watchable matches where you think its a 50:50 ballgame.

Just look at the KoreaOpen next week R1 , I have no idea who will progress the next round. Most of the ties are 50:50 other than LiLiu vs German pair.

10. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

KoreaOpen PrizeMoney drops from 600,000 last year to 400,000 this year . Hmmm..

11. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

Don't let hollyweed wash your brain. We are Asian.

Gacon1234star likes this.
  12. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I'm even happy with bronze Olympic medal.

#1332 terrynguyen121988, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Baddie lover and Anks like this.
  13. Gacon1234star

Gacon1234star Regular Member

He already has Asian Games Bronze Medal so that isnt impossible for him to grab medal at Olympic, keep the faith buddy

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

THE INSPIRING RETURN
    The fully fit Carolina Marin defends her crown with the bang, hard to believe a player with quite long time absent due to severe injury could doing well at second tournament that she's participating. A strong determination and total commitment by the Olympic Champion to bring her best. Marin frustrates Tai Tzu Ying when she can answer almost all her difficult shots including magnificent exchanging net shots. The self belief and high ambition that guiding Marin to top podium today while the Taiwanese couldn't cope the pressure particularly when trailing behind instead making some unforced errors despite former world number one did superbly to take command in opening game, 21-14.

GREAT SHOWCASE
    Anthony Ginting delivers all out performance but it's not enough to deny Kento Momota bagging six titles in 2019. Familiar each other with similar fashion, the duel is running very tight in entire match, both players often exploit net play to lift the shuttlecock then followed up with hard smashes in many long rallies that absorbing lots of energy. Ginting asked medical treatment at 15-19 then seized momentum and disrupt Momota rhythm to level the scoreline, a nail biting clash and cracking time saw Kento Momota shows his forte to handle the nervous well and seal this entertaining tie, 21-19. Both players look fatigue at awarding ceremony in the longest match of final match, 1 hour and 30 minutes.

HAT-TRICK AND TWO RECLAIM
    • Two-time World Champions Zheng SW/Huang YQ create the hat-trick at home soil, continuing their hegemony over compatriots Wang YL/Huang DP despite the number two pair implementing right strategy at second game to play more flat drive to avoid Zheng SW lethal attacking smashes but unfortunately the mighty combo are back to normal pattern in deciding game and defeat Wang/Huang for tenth time.
    • Chen QC/Jia YF regain their 2017 crown to knock out the Olympic Champions Matsumoto/Takahashi in surprisingly quite comfortable way, 21-14 / 21-18. A bit different style by the Chinese duo to play more tactical and creative with excellent placement rather than being dictated by long rallies and monotonous.
    • The Minions clinch third China Open victory after 2016 and 2017 edition, defeating their seniors Ahsan/Setiawan. An incredible feat by the veterans despite Mohammad Ahsan getting injured to force the fast and furious Gideon/Sukamuljo playing rubber games with their effortless and wonderful shots that often troubling world number one. Fifth triumphant in 2019 for Minions after INA Masters, MAS Masters, INA Open and JPN Open, a consolation title post shocking exit in Basel.

15. vozer here

it's english thing. And there's no country is asian

16. vozer here

17. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

You came to the conclusion that poster is a boy?

18. Pcyl

Pcyl Regular Member

Marin is amazing! I dare say she might even go quite far in MS . Definitely, a champion in WS.

#1338 Pcyl, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  19. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Not even remotely. She'd be beaten by male teenagers, as would all women.

20. vozer here