Victor Brave Sword 12 vs. Victor Jet Speed 10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BadmiCat, Sep 20, 2015.

1. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Hi guys!
    I read a lot about Victor and decided to buy one. My first choice was BS12, but now I started to think about JS 10 as well. Can you help me to choice?
    I am an average player, usually play doubles, have problem with clears (therefore forced to play around the net, in defence), prefer G3.
    I had Yonex Voltric 80 - totally not my type, too slow and too stiff. One time I tried a very similar to BS12 (I think so, maybe it is not true) Forza Titanium 11.000 M, and I totally loved it. The swing was very fast. I could defence very good and at the same time could attack also. I want the quickest, not very stiff and kind of... universal?

Based on this, which one does suit me better and which should I try first - BS12, JS10 or maybe both?
    Or they are quite similar?

#1 BadmiCat, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  2. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

BS12 sounds more suitable to your preference

Gpower likes this.
  3. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

BS12 is slightly slower than the JS10. You may want like JS10 before you even try BS12. Or don't even want to try BS12 after getting JS10.

4. kkylam

kkylam Regular Member

JS10 would be faster due to being 4U/5U and that "shark fin" technology. However it does not meet your stiffness requirement as it is very stiff.

BS12 is fast but personally I think JS10 is faster. (the BS12 i tested as 3U, I have also tested the 4U, very dull and alot of my shots were flatter than the 3U shots) The BS12 would be easier to use as well due to its stiffness and frame size compared to JS10.

However it is suggested that you try and find those rackets and have a few hits with it for your own judgment as everyone plays differently. Like how some people find ZF2 flexy for them and others find it too stiff.

I currently play with Apacs lethal 10. (copy of BS12 comes in 4U only) and I love it. Its funny cause I say I dont like the 4U BS12 but with the lethal 10 I find it just right.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's the best advice you can get. In the end it all comes down to how a specific rackets fits to your swingstyle and how it feels in your hand. So if anyhow possible, look for both rackets as test-rackets and then decide for yourself. Both are great rackets that can provide superb performance if they fit to your style and your liking.

I tested a BS12 3U about two weeks ago directly against my current go-to JS10 4U. For me, the JS10 felt better in all relevant aspects - it's a tiny bit faster, gives a better and more direct feel and provides more power. However, I would not rate the JS10 as extra stiff. It is stiffer than a BS12 but not by a huge margin.
    On the other hand, the guy I was playing with while testing the two rackets preferred the BS12 in the end. So that alone shows that if anyhow possible, it should be your own hand that that's making the choice for a new racket.

6. Arrowken

Arrowken Regular Member

BS12 is my go to racquet (i have three of them). While i cannot comment on js10, the bs12 is a fast all round racquet, especially for doubles.

I have tried to forza 11k m as well, and it was just a large heavy stick (no offence) and i would absolutely advice against it.

Since you have problems with clearing, and you had a head-heavy vt80 during that.. You would need to get use to even less power with either the bs12/js10. Usually a head-heavy racquet Has a slower swing but better power transfer.

7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Badmicat: You may want to try BS 12N .

8. kkylam

kkylam Regular Member

BS12N is the same as a normal BS12. Just diff paint.

9. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Yes, but i heard from friend BS 12N , head is stiffer

10. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

And first WTF. It is G4 or G3?
    111.jpg 3333.jpg

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Victor just changed their names of the grip size in the past(Around 2012-2013). Old G3 = new G4. Old G2 = new G5. Old G3 was bigger than old G2. Victor Germany just labelled it wrong. They received a newer batch but didn't changed the label sticker on the grip. I had this issue with a 2nd Batch MX80(OC) in the past. Nothing wrong with.

The weight is also confusing. You have a 3U not a 2U(90-94.9g) like on the sticker. The weight on the sticker is also wrong/not precise. It's the weight include string. Hope that helps. Enjoy your new racket. :)

#11 ucantseeme, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    insular likes this.
  12. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Everything is fine. =)

#12 BadmiCat, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  13. Arrowken

Arrowken Regular Member

I would trust the racquet marking over the sticker..

14. Clintvb

Clintvb Regular Member

Carpenter
    You could try the brave sword LHI. It's not too stiff but pretty stiff. They say it's slightly head heavy which would help with your clears. I bought one in 4U and I love it. However I wish I had gone for the 3U. I think it's a good balance between the two and a great doubles racket with enough power when used properly.

15. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

I bought a new SJ10 but did not try it yet.

16. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Played with JS10 a couple of games yesterday (won both) :D. Very nice racket, very light and quick. Amazing clears and smashes, net play and drives are also very good. But lifts are quite weak, because it is too stiff for me. :crying:
    BS 12 gives effortless lifts, with it help the shuttlecock soars up into the air like a rocket.
    As a result, the racket needs new master, with a stronger wrist.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ctorJet-Speed-S-10-4UG5?p=2434932#post2434932

17. beez

beez New Member

Hi,
    Was just going through this conversation.
    After reading a lot of reviews and forums ended up with the same choices BS12 or 10, JS 10 or MX 60
    I prefer lighter rackets, which one would you recommend.
    I bought 2 rackets without asking anyone and got screwed, so this time trying hard to get an opinion
    Thanks

18. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

I do not know anything about MX60, but I had JS10 and play BS12.
    JS10 is really stiff and has compact frame. I would say it is not for everyone, you should be able to handle it.
    But BS12 is a pure masterpiece. It is the friendliest and fastest racket ever. I try a lot of different rackets but this one is something special. I think everyone should try it.
    But of course, you should find your own favorite, all people are different and prefer different things.

19. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    State both rackets which screwed you, so it should be easier for us to help you. :)

20. beez

beez New Member

Hi
    Thanks for your time.
    I have a LiNing Turbocharger N9 & Yonex Voltric 70 etune.
    Both turned out to be no good for me