Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    At times, feel is a bigger factor in dishing out a fast frame. Used AS11 n BS12 both 3u. Those two r close in weight n BP. Can safely say the 12 is faster to swing...

But then, there r other factors to consider. The YY has a stiffer shaft than the Victor. And, even though both r slightly HH, the distribution of weight ard the head frame is diff for both.

2. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    I think what makes the BS12 good for some people is simply because people like it or feel comfortable with it.

Until I discovered the BS12, I used the AT800DF despite owning several different high end racquets (ARCs, Voltrics, Nanospeeds, Nanorays) which are quantitatively are better, simply because I was most comfortable playing with the AT800DF. But now I have retired my last AT800DF for the BS12 because qualitatively I love it more.

Then there are those of you who expend racquets almost like you expend feather shuttlecocks, you guys are monsters. :D

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

For me the AS11 is considerably heavier and feels so much more solid on hitting the shuttle...a part of why the Bs12 is considered faster than it is is that light feeling when hitting the shuttle, since it doesnt swing through like many other rackets. The speed also depends HEAVILY on your luck of the draw - I have a Bs09 that handles worse than a N90, had a Bs12 that was the fastest racket I ever used, and one that was almost a different racket because it was much heavier and played close to a Arc7.
    Objectively, my Bs12 isnt much faster than a 86/295 racket, and the head doesnt have nearly the same stability.
    The feeling of a weightless head is much more pronounced on the Bs10 though, so its not the 'worst' in that regard. The Bs10 also felt a bit faster to me, mostly because of the stiffer shaft.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

I still can't imagine how KSH can play with a BS12... a regular BS12 would have a broken shaft already from the way he bends the shaft.

And if the KRP version is so good that so many KOR players still use it, then why does Victor not make it more easily available to the consumer, instead of introducing so many new racket models?
    uploadfromtaptalk1445841508424.jpg

#1484 visor, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Because the regular consumer can't bend it like Beckham

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    that's true a regular player cannot bend this racket like Ko. However, I don't understand why Victor don't manufacture a batch and allow the public the opportunity to buy them.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I don't agree. My rackets (SW35, MX80 and BS10) haven't the same balance point, but nearly the same head weight. The MX80(42g) and BS10(41g) and the SW35(41g). Overallweight (90g,90g, 86g). All strung and gripped the same.
    I did dry swings squinted and with ear muffs because my mate didn't believe me that I notice differences.
    I got the rackets randomly and after some dry swings I could tell him which racket was which one. IMO the less air resistence was very unique and easy to determine. A struggled a bit with the difference between my SW35 and MX80. Just my two cent.

Did you ever own a MIT Victor? They are much more constant.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well, I said theres little difference, not none ;)

9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I just want to say that the difference was for me "klar wie Kloßbrühe" and not only marginal. IMO the BS frame is much quicker than any box frame.

10. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I thought Jetspeed has the fastest swing speed now .

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, completely what I'm implying.

If Ko (and Yoo's) BS12 is specially made so stiff for them to handle, is it stiffer than or same as BS10, JS10 or MX80? If it is the same, then why don't they use these?

What I mean is why don't Victor make something for Ko to use that we can identify with and buy to try/play? I'm sure it'll sell lots. I suppose the BSLYD and JS Ahmad somehow didn't work out with their intended user, but then with Victor's extensive R&D, why couldn't they make a racket that LYD and Ahmad would like and play with? And sell them by the bucket loads, instead of them playing with 6 yr old rackets...

With Yoo, I see that recently he's using more and more his JS YYS, which is a good sign for the racket. But it is such a rare limited release item to buy, already sold out at Racquet Force.

12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] If we take a look at the koreans we find/found the BS12 very often. It's simple marketing. If you see something very often, you get the impression that it must be great because many people/pros can't be wrong. IMO that is the reason why the BS12OC was/is so popular and any signature is a shelf warmer.

IMO all signature rackets are a bad idea, if it's an "only Player X" model. Why don't the make a worthy replacement for the BS12 KRP which is worldwide easy available? Normally it shouldn't be a problem to make a "BS/JS Koreans choice" which comes in 4U/3U and maybe 2U.

If we look at the YY sponsored players they use mostly the commercial versions and you notice that the Top 10 mostly use 1-3 models of each series.

On the other hand as a player you shouldn't pay too much attention on player's choices and should choose on your own. Generally Victor drops too much models for each series at the same time/in a too short period. The signatures are one culprit.

13. Diamondx1

Diamondx1 Regular Member

School
    I currently got the Brave Sword 12L 4u. While it's a great racket would adding lets say a few layers of hockey tape or electrical tape to the wooden base handle increase the weight to the point where it's pretty much identical if I bought a 3U version of the Brave Sword 12?

vincemcoupe likes this.
  14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Adding weight to the handle doesnt do anything. Add weight to the head if you want to notice something.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=59291]ucantseeme[/MENTION]
    And what does Victor do after it becomes popular with the KOR players? Victor discontinued making the blue BS12 and change to new colour.

Perhaps the problem lies with the KOR players themselves... they like the blue colour too much. :D

Yeah, with their R&D they should be able to make a new model (or even repaint) with hardcore specs that matches the KOR players. And then also make a model with softer more user friendly specs for the general public.
    I only wonder about such things due to simple curiosity of matching specs of rackets with players.

One day in the not too distant future, instead of buying and trying out many rackets before finding our racket soul mate, I think we would be able to customize racket specs to a player swing style, play style, etc... just like in golf. Not to mention tennis currently also has much more racket tuning than badminton.

#1495 visor, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  16. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Brave sword 12 will be a popular racket for all ages as is a balance racket and stiffness of 3/5 , head even balance racket.

17. T.O.P

T.O.P Regular Member

Very all round & good for defense / net control. One of the best and proud of Victor's products.:)

18. junclot

junclot Regular Member

Victor being Victor, their specs cant really be trusted tbh

JS YYS has the exact same specs too 3/5, 3/5 lets see if it plays the same as BS12 lol

PS: It could simply be the players themselves refusing to change (and Victor cant really force them) if they are having a good long streak with 1 raq. "If it aint broke, dun fix it" eh?

19. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    With your logic the ARC7 and SW37 should have this title as well :rolleyes: what I doubt...

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Arc7 is actually one of the most sold Yonex rackets in Germany I think...