Upgrading to better machine. Penta Premium 3600 or Superstringer S90?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by yippo888, Dec 1, 2017.

1. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    so im upgrading from a pros pro xp plus, with the v2 automatic clamp base and newest pros pro badminton clamsp and a wise tension head.
    probably selling that who setup for 200 pounds minus the electronic tension head to fund my upgrade.

should i get the penta premium string 3600, with stand and new clamps? that will cost me about 430 pounds.
    or
    got for the S90 with stand comes to about 690 with the mount adaptor for the wise.

been using the pros pro XP plus for over 10 years now, and the wise for the last 3 which in itself made a huge difference. but im getting about 10 rackets from social clubs a week now on and off and wanted a better machine to work on.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

S90 has better clamps, better bases and the better side supports. If that's worth the extra cash, that's on yourself to decide. The overall build quality is on the same level I would say. What I still enjoy most on my Superstringer T20 are the clamp bases (the S90 has the same...). That smooth locking action is just brilliant:

Peronally, if I had to do ~10 rackets per week, I would even go one step further and think about an Alpha Ghost (drool...) or Yonex ES5. It will be payed off in no time.

3. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    can i say.... s_mair.... just THANKS FOR THE VIDEO! haha. its actually a lot more satisfying than even the v2 autoclamps i have for my Pros Pro.

Well i say 10 per week but thats just recently. i would say on average i have about 30 per month. some busy weeks but some quieter ones.
    I wouldnt want to pay any more for a machine defo not go into the thousands my wife would kill me! As it is, i think ill sell my current set up (but keep the wise) for about 200 pounds. Then 400 for the much upgraded machine wouldnt seem too bad, Ive saved up for a little while my little stringing money tin can finally be emptied.

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You're welcome. I made that clip to tease @dbswansea since he has pre-ordered a T70 weeks ago and is still waiting for it to be re-stocked. :)

Nah, even an Alpha Ghost (droooool....) whouldn't be worth that I guess. :D

5. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    lol. maybe one day when i win the lottery and can quite my day job i will get one of those pro victor ones. my friend who strings for Victor korea and HK has 2. one for his shop and one for the road! :(:(:(:(

So to fit my wise will i also need to buy an adaptor plate?
    Also the side supports will i need to keep my michael cheuk custom side supports or are the stock ones good enough for badminton? Im guessing the fixed clamps are also of good quality mean i wouldnt have to buy upgrades/badminton specific ones like i would for the Penta Premium?

6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

You would need an adaptor plate for both S90 (https://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/B...ml?force_sid=e040d3335b0ef508f471913aecc05a8e) and the PS3600.

I don't expect your current Chudeks to fit on both machines. For the PS3600, the Chudeks will be a significant upgrade (and since you are used to them, I would even call it mandatory). The side supports of the S90 seem to be fine and shouldn't be that different from the Chudeks.

The Superstringer badminton clamps are top notch. I also use them to string tennis rackets and they have held everything up to 55 lbs. with ease. I haven't used the original PS3600 clamps myself yet but based on several posts over the last weeks, they don't seem to be at the same level.

7. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

+1 to the AEF base clamps! Mine need even less force to hold 12 kg's of tension: (sorry for the shaky one handed mobile camera)

8. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    Haha. Thanks. But I think if I'm spending 700 pounds on the superstringer t90 with already very good clamp base and fixed clamps there is no need to buy the AEF clamp base and fixed clamps right?

9. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

They are the exact same :) Superstringers are made by AEF and come with clamps and bases from AEF :D I just went PS3600 + AEF bases instead of Superstringer :)

10. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    Hmm... I'll have to see where I can get the AEF clamp bases and clamps from there. If it's cheaper I might go with that to get the w and d service as it'll be easier. Where do you suggest? If it's cheaper than getting the superstringer I'll probably do that...

11. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    so doing my adding up....
    superstringer T90 plus adapter plate for wise = 701.07
    Penta Premium 3600, adapter plate for wise, stand, AEF clamp base, AEF clamp = 300+30+144+195+80 = 749

SOOOOOOO.... im now stuck. any suggestions?
    so the AEF clamp bases if i get the set with the rails they defo fit ont he penta premium 3600 right?

12. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

I would go Superstringer :) I just didn't have that option at the time of purchase.
    You don't have to think about shipping from AEF and the T90 also looks more pretty. Also the support from Tennisman.de on their own product line is probably better than any other :)

13. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

wait... are you talking about the s90 or t70? There is no T90...
    But I personally fell in love with the t70...

14. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    Sorry yes S90.

Ah just been double checking the range. I need to be able to do tennis rackets as well. Damn. I guess my only option is T70 then right? Or is T50 an option too?

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

T50 is not an option since it has fixed towers. So it's either T20 (plus Chudeks!) or T70 then.

16. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    T70 it is! When it's back in stock!

17. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

Let me know when it is going to be in stock...

18. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

T20: move Towers: yes + move the racket head and heart fixations (6.00 and 12.00 o´clock): yes
    T50: move Towers: no + move the racket head and heart fixations (6.00 and 12.00 o´clock): yes
    T70: move Towers: yes + move the racket head and heart fixations (6.00 and 12.00 o´clock): no

19. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    Thanks tennis man.

Do you know when the T70 with stand will come into stock?

Thanks.

20. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

T70 machines will come middle of Dezember. But there are only 15 machines comming and i have 13 preorders. And as i can see there are a lot of customers in our shop which use the Information System = the get an E-Mail when the machines are again on stock. I think the 2 PCs. will be solld within minutes or i will have 2 preorders of the machine before they will arrive.