Thailand Open Day 2 (27/07)

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006' started by badMania, Jul 26, 2006.

1. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Loh

1) Never expected you to know about Tan Chun Seang. Here's a summary about him :-
    - From Kedah
    - Age 20 this year
    - A member of Rashid's 2010-12 squad, perhaps one of the more consistent ones
    - From Bukit Jalil Sports School set up
    - Competed in 2004 World Jrs & Asian Juniors

2) Famous Sarawak pineapples???? Never heard of them. Only know of Johor & Sabah sweet pineapples. This must be some good marketing by the businessman's part to capture the Singapore market.

3) If you do come to Sabah, I will introduce you to the fruiting Badminton Development set up in Sabah, perhaps not personally by me but by more qualified individuals. Perhaps Singapore & Sabah can find a level ground beneficial to both?

4) Mt Kinabalu is a pleasure to visit, be it a visit to the park headquaters or all the way to the summit.

Cheers,

The Borneon BaddyNut

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Updates from MD ROUND 1/32
    With the withdrawal of Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun, the MD event is probably up for grabs for a few pairs.

Sudket Prapakamol/Patapol Ngernsrisuk bt Tadashi Ohtsuka/Keita Masuda 21-15, 21-12 -- the Thai no 1 pair will face Yoo Yeon Seong/Jeon Jun Bum tonight.

Yoga Ugikasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki lost to Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae 21-18, 12-21, 16-21 -- a creditable effort by the young Indonesian pair in taking the first set. The Korean no 1 pair will meet Vountus Indra Mawan/Abdul Latif Mohd Arif in Round 1/16.

Tsai Chia-Hsin/Hu Chung-Shyan lost to Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian 16-21, 17-21 -- the non-Pelatnas pair has won their first match and has a chance to reach yet another quarter-final if they beat the Jap pair of Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda tonight.

Tony Gunawan/Halim Heryanto bt Lo Lok Kei/Leung Chun Yiu 21-9, 21-10 -- so far so good for the former World Champion. They will be severely tested in the match of the round tonight...facing another veteran pair in Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah.

So, the pick of MD ROUND 1/16 to be played later tonight:
    Hoon Thien How/Tan Boon Heong vs Howard Bach/Bob Khan Malaytong -- a tricky test for the Malaysian pair. I think they can win.

Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun vs Lars Paaske/Mathias Boe -- the Danes to win!

Vountus Indra Mawan/Abdul Latif Mohd Arif vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae -- tough match for the young Malaysians. Jung/Lee should be too powerful for them!

Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian vs Shuichi Sakamoto/Shintaro Ikeda -- the Indonesian pair can win...and I hope they do so...so that we have at least 1 representative in the QF tomorrow.

Tony Gunawan/Halim Heryanto vs Choong Tan Fook/Lee Wan Wah (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- expect an explosive match and the Malaysian pair holds a slight edge.

3. wynn000

wynn000 Regular Member

why peter gade walkover

4. wynn000

wynn000 Regular Member

hope hafiz can win hehe

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Additonal updates:
    Peter Gade has withdrawn...so...Park Sung Hwan is through to the quarter-final...and a match against Chen Jin beckons!

The XD Round 1/16 has just been completed. Not much surprises...all the top 4 seeds like Lee Jae Jin/Lee Hyo Jung, Zhang Jun/Gao Ling, Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam, and Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl all advance to the quarter-final tomorrow.

Sudket/Saralee beat Devin Lahardi/Yunita Tetty in 3 sets 18-21, 21-5, 21-18. They will face Jeon Jun Bum/Kim Min Jung tomorrow. Shouldn't be a problem for them.

The one to watch for tomorrow is probably Lee Yong Dae/Hwang Yu Mi vs Zhang Jun/Gao Ling. Remember that the Korean pair won in the Chinese Taipei Open. I think Zhang/Gao got their revenge last week in the Macau Open.

The other 2 quarter-finals feature Lee Jae Jin/Lee Hyo Jung vs Lars Paaske/Helle Nielsen and Hsieh Yu-Hsing/Yang Chia-Tseng vsThomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl. Lee/Lee and Laybourn/Rytter-Juhl should win!

6. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Why is Peter Gade withdrawing??

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    it looks like PG is injured :rolleyes:

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

With PG out, this is going to be good for the 2nd tier players. Hafiz has got a chance. Hope the Sarawakian Devil wins today.

#28 X Ball, Jul 27, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  9. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

INDO girl

wow... INDONESIA remain one player on quarter final in WS ... what a surprise... keep my voice alive while i'm shout it down:)
    firdasari won in straight sets over kaori mori:D

10. peace

peace Regular Member

Well done by the Indonesian WS, she has done good job beating Mori in 2 sets.
    PG withdrawn? Why? Hope he is not injured.
    So, I pick Chen Jin win this title...

11. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

As expected, WMC lost to XXF. 21-13, 21-15
    Anyway, I think WMC is doing alright with this kind of score against XXF.

12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

He's one of the 5 Malaysian Junior MS sent for TO.
    Lost in World Juniors 2004 to either CJ or GWJ.

13. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Both Chens (Chen Yu and Chen Hong) won

14. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

wow, there are three Chens, the 3rd Chen, Chen Jin is probably going to win today also.

15. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Well done to Boonsak, won against LHI

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Chen Jin did win. 3 Chens in final 8.

BTW, Boonsak PONSANA and Bao CL won also.

17. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

How about Hafiz Hashim??

18. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Hafiz will have to fight Yeoh Kay Bin. Hope Yeoh can win this time. He has been quiet for a very long time. It should be YKB's turn now.

Both Chua and YKB were pretty good at the beginning, how come they haven't come out big? I've been waiting for them for a long time. Now I almost forgot them.

19. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

So Loh,there's some more information about Tan Chun Seang.He is solidly built and a left-handed player.He has huge potential but nobody has been able to unearth it yet.He has speed,power and marvellous touch.His weakness is,he loses concentration when he is leading.He has to learn to be merciless and go all out to finish the game as fast as possible.Watch out for this boy,he can go far.By the way,he stretched Chen Yu to a rubber game tonight.

20. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Ya...I think Tan Chun Seang will has a bright future...Anyway..He is still young and need more traning...Although he has lose this time,but he can force Chen Yu to the rubber set...This is a good beginning..Hope Li Mau and Yap Kim Hock will notice him...Anyway,anyone has his photos coz i am blur with his look...Is he look good???