Thailand Open Day 2 (27/07)

Discussion in 'Macau Open / Thailand Open 2006' started by badMania, Jul 26, 2006.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Both MD and WD will play 2 rounds tomorrow. A total of 72 matches to be played..another long day in store! Here's some selected matches as usual:

MS ROUND 1/16
    Lee Hyun Il vs Boonsak Ponsana (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a thriller in store...and I hope Boonsak wins!

Liao Sheng-Shiun vs Chen Jin -- another breeze for Chen. He should face Peter Gade next.

Park Sung Hwan vs Peter Gade -- a tricky test for Peter...but, shouldnt be a big problem for him.

Yousuke Nakanishi vs Mohd Hafiz Hashim -- Hafiz to win!

James Chua vs Yeoh Kay Bin -- it seems that Malaysia is going to have at least 1 representative in the semi-finals.

MD ROUND 1/32
    Sudket Prapakamol/Patapol Ngernsrisuk vs Tadashi Ohsuka/Keita Masuda -- the Thai no 1 pair should win!

Yoga Ugikasah/Yonathan Suryatama Dasuki vs Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae -- bad draw for the young Indonesian pair. Jung/Lee shouldn't have a problem.

Tsai Chia-Hsin/Hu Chung-Shyan vs Rian Sukmawan/Eng Hian -- a tricky tie for the Indonesian pair, I think they can win.

Tony Gunawan/Halim Heryanto vs Lo Lok Kei/Leung Chun Yiu -- a breeze for the former All-England and World Champions.

WS ROUND 1/16
    Ai Goto vs Soratja Chansrisukot -- can the Thai win? She's the only home WS player left in the draw.

Eriko Hirose vs Judith Meulendijks (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- a thrilling tie in store...and I think the Netherland girl can continue her good run.

Kaori Mori vs Adrianti Firdasari -- huge test for Firda...I will be thrilled if she can win the match!

Wong Mew Choo vs Xie Xingfang -- both are not in their top forms...but the Chinese player should win.

WD ROUND 1/32
    Aki Akao/Tomomi Masuda vs Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nur Sugianti -- a tough first test for the Indonesian pair. I hope they can win.

Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Hwang Yu Mi/Kim Min Jung (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- the more experienced Chinese Taipei pair to win...probably in 3 sets!

Purwati/Meiliana Jauhari vs Chang Ya-Lan/Liu Hsiao-Jo -- the Indonesian pair should win.

Johanna Persson/Elin Berglom vs Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati -- likewise, I hope Nitya/Nadya can win their first match.

XD ROUND 1/16
    Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam vs Devin Lahardi/Yunita Tetty (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- not a good draw for the Indonesian player. Sudket/Saralee to win!

Tsai Chia-Hsin/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Zhang Jun/Gao Ling -- the Chinese to win!

2. TKG2609

TKG2609 Regular Member

MS Prediction in QF : Chen Yu vs Lee Hyun Il, Chen Hong vs Bao Cunlai, Chen Jin vs Peter Gade, Hafiz vs Yeoh KB
    SM Prediction : Lee Hyun Il vs Bao CL, Chen Jin vs Hafiz
    Final Prediction : Lee Hyun Il vs Chen Jin
    Winner : Chen Jin

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Partially agree, it's either Chen Jin or Gade.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    as mentioned in a different thread.

this match is LCW's gf vs. Lin Dan's gf... hm... ;)

i have to agree that the balance is in favor of XXF here.

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    LCW lost to Chen Yu

Chen Yu, probably China's no. 4 or 5, has proven again that he is no pushover when he shocked Lee Chong Wei in Round 2 with a score of 21-19, 14-21, 21-19.

So LCW's gf will need much more than skills to beat LD's XXF! :crying:

6. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    !!! can't believe LCW lost

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    And Mew Choo was pushed to the hilt by Anu Nieminen of Finland, 17-21, 21-12, 21-19 in the early round! She had to endure 53 min on court. :(

On the other hand, XXF easily disposed of Rachel Van Cutsen of the Netherlands, 21-7, 21-10 in barely 20 min.

8. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

i think LCW lost to CY 2 times already!! what should i said,,,

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    if under OSS, xxf would had won the match much sooner.

10. tbleong

tbleong Regular Member

r u sure WMC was LCW gf??? i dun think so...
    but ready sad to hear abt LCW lost!! hopefuul Hasfiz can win the title!

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Updates from the morning matches:

WD ROUND 1/32 (part-completed)
    Lydia Cheah Li Ya/Tee Jing Yee bt Soratja Chansrisukot/Monthila Meemek 21-14, 13-21, 21-15 -- this will guarantee at least a Malaysian pair in the QF tomorrow as this newly formed pair will meet another pair Ho Bee Ling/Woon Khe Wei in Round 1/16 later tonight.

Aki Akao/Tomomi Matsuda bt Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nur Sugianti 21-13, 21-13 -- the Jap pair proved to be better and they will face Lena Frier Kristensen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl tonight.

Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing bt Hwang Yu Mi/Kim Min Jung 21-16, 21-19 -- no problem for the experienced Chinese Taipei pair. With no Gao Ling/Huang Sui or other Chinese pair in their half of the draw, they have the chance to go all the way to the Final. They should have no problem beating Fong Chew Yen/Ooi Sock Ai tonight.

Purwati/Meiliana Jauhari bt Chang Ya-Lan/Liu Hsiao-Jo 21-12, 22-20 -- tight in the second set, but another first round match obstacle taken care of. However, their opponent tonight will be Saralee/Sathinee...so...its unlikely they can progress further.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Malaysians who passed Round 2

The following Malaysian men's singles players deserve mention when they overcame their strong opponents in Round 2:

1. Tan Chun Seang bt Andrew Smith (ENG) 15-21, 21-17, 21-18 (45m). Never quite heard of Chun Seang (from Penang? National Champion?) but Andrew has been quite impressive in his recent performances in Asia. I was quite surprised that England was able to produce a player like Andrew, a rare appearance for an Englishman to venture further than the preliminary rounds these days. I first caught a glimpse of Andrew during the Aviva Open Singapore this year. A pity that Andrew should lose to Chun Seang in a way as he is capable of staying longer in the competition. Could someone tell us more about Andrew?

2. Pei Wee Chung bt John Moody (NZL) 22-24, 21-18, 21-10 (1 hr 15m). Wee Chung must have been pretty fit to outlast Moody, who showed Kuan Beng Hong the door in R1 with an easy 21-19, 21-11. Beng Hong needs to pull up his socks if he wants to retain his place in the National Team. Hope he is not unduly distracted by extraneous factors. :rolleyes:

3. Hafiz Hashim bt Shon Seung Mo (S Korea's Olympic silver?) 21-17, 22-20 (38m), despite the fact that Shon has been making a steady comeback into international competition, I observe. Hafiz will perhaps be the man to carry Malaysia's flag farther since LCW has been knocked out.

4. James Chua bt Eric Pang (NED) 17-21, 21-11, 21-12 (45m). This is a real credit to James, who has been outshone erstwhile by many of his teammates and our Borneo Baddy Nut must have felt overly elated! ;) Eric himself has a ranking much higher than James and he has been playing well in most of his previous outings recently. The question is whether James will be inspired further with this win and make further inroads?

5. Yeoh Kay Bin bt Hong Seung (KOR) 21-13, 21-19 (35m). Kay Bin's international exposure must have played an important part in his win as Hong is relatively unknown. For now Kay Bin is happier than Beng Hong who beat him during the recent Malacca Open. But his next hurdle will not be as easy, I'm sure.

#12 Loh, Jul 26, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  13. terry

terry Regular Member

Is already stated in LCW thread :)

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Indeed...esp for Pei Wei Chung. His victory over Moody must have further demoralised KBH (who surrendered meekly after a tight first set). As for Hafiz, he should have no problem tonight and will face the winner of the match between James Chua and Yeoh Kay Bin. This will guarantee a semi-final appearance by a Malaysian.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Correction!

WMC IS LCW's gf. You have not been following up on the many, many posts on this subject, I'm afraid. :eek:

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

James Chua, alias Sarawakian Devil (coz when he plays he plays like the devil -- no chance given) is the man to watch. I figure he could have retired after injuries robbed him of many opportunities. Used to be a very good Malaysian player -- now I think he is still hanging in there because he likes the game as well as thinks he has a great chance to win some more big ones.

Unimpressive for a year or so, he starts to win little battles lately to suggest he is coming back into the game (perhaaps getting a bit fitter). If he beats YKB today and Hafiz in the QTR F, I dare say he can give the Chinese a scare.

Time will tell and all Malaysians wish him lots of luck. Go the Sarawakian Devil !

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

More updates from WD ROUND 1/32:
    Johanna Persson/Elin Berglom bt Nitya Krishinda/Nadya Melati 17-21, 21-17, 21-15 (55mins) -- a tight battle, and the Swedish pair prevailed at the end! They will meet Miyuki Maeda/Satoko Suetsuna tonight.

Mona Santoso/Angeline De Pauw lost to Wong Pei Pty/Chin Ee Hui 14-21, 18-21 -- Wong/Chin will face the Chinese Taipei pair Tsai Phei-Ling/Yang Chia-Tseng in Round 1/16.

Chang Yi-Lin/Chiu Yi-Ju lost to Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen 3-21, 6-21 -- no sweat for the Chinese pair...their opponent will be the Thai no 2 pair of Duang-Anong Arunkesorn/Kulchala Worawichitchaikul in Round 1/16.

Chou Chia-Chi/Ku Pei-Ting lost to Lee Kyung Won/Lee Hyo Jung 10-21, 21-18, 10-21 -- the Korean pair struggled to beat the Chinese Taipei pair...they will face a Jap pair Miyuki Tai/Noriko Okuma next. Shouldn't be a problem for them.

So, the pick of WD ROUND 1/16:
    Aki Akao/Tomomi Matsuda vs Lena Frier-Kristensen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl (MATCH OF THE ROUND) -- the Jap pair to win...

Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing vs Fong Chew Yen/Ooi Sock Ai -- similarly, the more experienced pair of Chien/Cheng should win.

Saralee Thoungthongkam/Sathinee Jankrajangwong vs Purwati/Meiliana Jauhari -- I hope the Indonesian pair can sneak a surprise...but...very unlikely.

Johanna Persson/Elin Berglom vs Miyuki Maeda/Satoko Suetsuna -- tough to pick...but I like Japanese girls...hehe...

18. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Tan Chun Seang --> From Kedah. Good fighting spirit i hear.

Andrew Smith --> I'm very surprised you have not heard of him. He's been around maybe up to 3 years (despite his young age) & is very active in this corner of the world. I hear he has had some training stints with Nusa Mahsuri but I'm not sure for how long a period(s).

Very good to see this veteran performing well so far. This is a good change for his already!

Good luck to him.

I'm from Sabah. Sabahans don't give a hoot about Sarawakians :p :D

Actually --> It's great to hear he's performing well... but I personally am not any where near overly elated.

Hopefully this will be his time to finally shine on the world stage... Even tho it might be at the expense of 2 of this squadmates.

The Borneon BaddyNut

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well, Kay Bin will have to face James and Hafiz thereafter if he wins and XBall may have a different opinion. :)

20. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I don't change my opinion that much ---it is the bloody players, they keep losing even though I do my bit as a fan propping them up. Hard life trying to keep up with them.:D They embaraased me sometimes.

BTW, I know nothing more of James than you, except he won a Malaysian Open one time and went defunct (probably his injuries cost him). I think this guy is a hustler and wins kampong tournaments in Sarawak. I like to see him play well because he keeps plugging away.