Team China in the Asian Games 2006

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by seawell, Oct 22, 2006.

1. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    6 months ago... Thomas cup semi-finals...

CHN 3:0 INDO.

come on... give us some excuses now...:p:p:p:eek::confused:

2. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    LD vs TH = LD will win easily! :D TH not in form :D
    FHF/CY vs Kido/Setiawan = INA pair have good record over FHF/CY :crying: :( BCL vs Sony = BCL more likely to win :D
    Who will Luluk/Alven play? :confused: :D
    CJ vs Simon = Simon has no chance :eek: :D :p

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

History no indication of future

As Alaric says (in a different thread), 'Form is temporary, class is permanent'; outcome can change pretty fast in badminton.
    Take Fu/Cai: within a month of winning the WC title (with some luck), they lost to three different MDs, twice outclassed in 25 mins or less.
    Indications are INA can only get better while CHN can only get worse, so my bet is on INA. MAS can be written off in the AG.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

In your mind if INA meet CHN in final, INA will win Gold with score 3-2??I hope so. Based on latest WR, I guess 2nd MS should be Simon (22) vs CJ (3) and 3rd MS Sony (38) vs BCL (5). Advantage side for INA is MD area and CHN is 2nd plus 3rdMS but unpredictable result in 1stMS, seems TH and LD are the trump card of their teams.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    You are pretty much contridict against urself in "outcome can change pretty fast" vs. "INA can only get better while CHN can only get worse". To me, MD result (maybe with a bit exception for Tony/Candra) is the most unpredicatable one in recent events. Yeah, Fu/Cai struggled a bit after WC, which MD pair (besides Tony/Candra) can even close to be a consistent title claimer? :rolleyes:

I agree INA still have an edge on the 2 MD matches, but that edge is far slimmer than CHN's edge on 2 MS (#2 and #3). Therefore, the 2 INA MD facing the pressure of "must win", otherwise, they are pretty much no chance to break the great wall in team event. :rolleyes:

6. baihaki_as

baihaki_as Regular Member

i think INA will lose the mens team, it's more likely malaysia to be worthy opponent for the china

7. blessing

blessing Regular Member

yaya..good good... but indo is still a stronge challenge..

8. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

it's really unbelievable how fast kido/setiawan has surpassed yulianto/hadiyanto... last year, they were just a bunch of kids..and now they have just beaten lundgaard/eriksen and cai/fu without much challenge.. unbelievable?...

kido/setiawan, i think, will win against any chinese MD...
    come to think of it, if only INA has the gunawan/ wijaya tandem... it would be a sure gold...haha

natsir/ widianto pair has always had better games against their chinese counterparts...

The only remaining question is whether Taufik will be in his best condition... both physically and mentally... I hope this time he wouldn't get busted by LD... BCL will not be a problem against TH, TH has recently won two consecutive meetings with BCL... IO and JO...

I just remembered, TH has a 'neutral' record against LD... 7-7 most of those wins was before the 21-point system...lol

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA has a realistic chance of winning 2 golds (MD and XD). Forget the MS and men's team. It will take a miracle to win golds in those 2 events!

I hope Nova/Butet (and to a certain extent Kido/Hendra) don't screw up! They tend to do so when the pressure is high (like the WC).

10. baihaki_as

i think there'll be a suprise from sony DK, he always give the best if it comes for the country.

and surely from Taufik too, remember his father in law is the chief of KONI now, i think he wouldn't be happy if taufik fails so the preasure comes from his family now and surely it will be a different motivation for taufik himself and you know what happen if taufik in the best form

differently i doubt markis/hendra will win this match, but the different comes from alven/luluk eventhough their last perfomance very bad, it comes that this event maybe will be the last judgement for them so maybe you can hope that there'll be a suprise from them.

Indonesia full of big suprise if it comes to the name of country except for taufik (maybe he just want to make his Father in law happy but that's the way i like him)

11. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Really funny thats everybody count off Mas.

My prediction in team events final?

China will meet Mas. Why?

With WCH again playing, he will play as third singles. WCH already play countless of team event and had good mental. The only way to beat him is if you had higher skill and speed .

He will not play poorly form nerve when the score line is 2-2. Like KBH did or Simon Santoso. I still remember when he trash Simonthird singles in Sea Games team event last year when the score 2-2.

From all other teams third MS, only Chen Jin had the best chance to beat him. Otherwise, if the situation got 2-2, Mas will surely win. But before that, if Malaysia send WCH to Asian Games?

#51 hcpoirot, Nov 8, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  12. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

And the MOST important thing playing team events is MENTALITY. Skill is number 2.

INdonesia men team already at disadvantaged cause :

1. For both of their MD, they simply cannot lost and had always to win 2 points here. IT will be a big burden for the MD pairs specially Luluk whose his team effort are really poor.

2. For the MS, Taufik had the most pressure cause when playing Mas or China, he also cannot lost. Cause if he lost, Indonesia practically already lost for team events. So far after 2 Thomas Cup (2004 & 2006) and Sudirman Cup (2005), Taufik did not play very well if got pressured HAD TO WIN in team event.

13. cao ci dan

cao ci dan Regular Member

student
    i predicted the same as you too: Chn vs Mas in final...:)
    :( but i don't think the Mas team will send WCH...so will be KBH again!!meeting CJ....:eek: he.....sorry!no chance at all!!...as for Cai/Fu....:cool: i don't think they will lose again!!;) ....conclusion:China team win!!:D

14. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef
    Personally I think Malaysia looks quite strong for the Asian Games. Lee Chong Wei is very solid as 1st singles, Wong Choong Han very experienced and steady as 3rd men's singles. Hafiz may be a bit unpredictable. But Rexy has a great number of men's doubles combinations that he can call upon to be effective as well. There's a really cool interview with Rexy on www.badmintonsite.com, and he talked about Christian Hidanata's choice of having all the Indonesian men's doubles players play with different partners during practice so that there were many combinations when it came to team events. I suspect he is doing a similar style with the Malaysian men's doubles now. Look out for Malaysia's men in the team event!
    Gregory

15. Baderz_Jas

he can be a little bit inconsistent sometimes :D :eek: :D

16. Baderz_Jas

;) :D time for the youngster, just like 4 years ago when him and XXZ went :)

17. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

i agree with u blessing..terence's thinking skill is not bad... perhaps get an A for that subject in A'levels..haha...mm..CH is not selected is it because of the ranking position??apparently.. he's behind these 3 players.. am i right??correct me if im wrong ya..

18. Baderz_Jas

:) I think it's because he went last time and LYB wants to give CJ a chance as well :) ;) :) but you could be right too :)

19. sickgal

sickgal Regular Member

mm...each country can only send 3 representatives in a single event is it?? i think CJ has improved a lot this year.. no doubt CH performance is gettin better though.. but as u said..perhaps LYB wants CJ to hv more exposure.. CH been once..now it's CJ's turn..hehe

20. baihaki_as

no as i know LYB is a fair enough for his player it's because cj rank better than ch