TC/UC 2008 - May 14 - QUARTER FINAL- Day 4

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008' started by Erwin Kyoto, May 13, 2008.

1. Seasider

Seasider Regular Member

IT
    I dont like this kinda of mentality. This kinda mentality is not good for any team and its fan. Why would you have to bow out to anyone; the game hasn't started yet. You can't lose the war before the fight. I know China is the strongest team; but MAS team is not Nigeria or South Africa. I believe MAS still have a chance!!! LCW can beat LD as he has done it a few times. Although China MS2 and MS3 are stronger, MAS still have KKK/TBH and the uncles who can beat China's MD1 and MD2. This is a team event; anything can happen.

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Nobody gives NED Uber Cup team a chance, yet, they showed us that miracles can happen. They were just 1 point away from a monumental upset....in beating 2 of 3 Chinese WS players.

3. niepan

niepan Regular Member

Since 1998, I think NED is the only team to beat 2 of 3 Chinese WS players. Am I right?

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup, it's gonna be hell of a night on Friday :eek:;)
    The key will be Sony and Taufik. If both players play to their form and beat Park Sung Hwan and Lee Hyun Il, then, we are halfway through.

5. niepan

niepan Regular Member

Come on INA, beat KOR

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am afraid so. It's so nearly 3 out of 3.....geez....LYB must be thanking his fortune that Lu Lan won.

7. niepan

niepan Regular Member

In Chinese media, they are not satisfied with LU Lan too... Just lucky...

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    As an eye witness, I can testify that: by the time Judith reached match point against Lu Lan, virtually the whole Istora stadium forgot about Taufik's match... Everyone knew that if CHN were beaten, INA's prospects of winning the 2008 Uber Cup significantly improved! :p :D

The crowd shouted "Whooo" "Whaaaa" at every shot that were made... Maybe Judith felt the pressure was too big at that time... Imagine 8500 people shouting at you... and they aren't even her countrymen... And, she must realize she was on the verge of setting the UPSET OF THE CENTURY or even THE BIGGEST UPSET IN BADMINTON HISTORY

"NED beat CHN 3-0 in the Uber Quarterfinals" How big a feat that could have been! [had it happened...] :p:p:p

#1828 Krisna, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  9. niepan

niepan Regular Member

Poor Judith.... She can't even go to Olympics....

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think NED's 2 pts will serve as a morale booster to INA's Uber Cup team. Don't give up before play even starts!

Our 2 doubles can give a hell of a fight to the Chinese pairs (as long as it's not Yang Wei/Zhang Jiewen :eek:). Firda and Pia need to stand out and say that they are not afraid to take on Lu Lan and Jiang Yanjiao (if Zhu Lin's injury still prevents her from playing).

Maria has shown her worth by beating Yippy. Remember...Yippy has beaten Xie Xingfang too in recent months, so, Maria still has a chance. The crowds will be behind her and will be screaming like hell. The Chinese players won't be comfortable with that kind of hostile atmosphere.

Of course, we still have to first beat Germany tomorrow night.

#1830 badMania, May 14, 2008
    Last edited: May 14, 2008
  11. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

due to performance as 1st MS of INA TC for first time on front of home ground, Sony be nervous and lack of skill, power etc...

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

She really will regret it now.

I thought that the tie would be all over when Judith lost. However, who can expect that Rachel Van Cutsen would defy the odds and defeat Jiang Yanjiao...that was really a shocker :eek::eek::mad: Rachel looked down and out after losing by a big margin in the second set.

13. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I think you mis-understood my point, of course I want Malaysia to win just like many would like to see Denmark over Korea but the fact remains we are the underdog and China is still superior over many dark horses that are still hanging around. For Malaysia to win, we need to take at least one MS and win 2 MDs, is very tough against this mighty China. If Chong Wei can deliver then the possibility will greatly enhance.
    Yes, I will take your word for it, anything is possible just like 1992 and hope we come true and get another public holiday :D
    Malaysia Boleh!

14. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student

No wat INA can beat Korea...they are too good at the moment

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Judith almost won the 3rd set...it was very close. It would have been GREAT if they defeated China... that would be history. I think China never expect this kind of results.

16. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

It's a pity for Netherlands since they put up a great fight.
    Judith must have been very gutted. But kudos to them.

17. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    China UC obviously underestimated Holland's capability, it is a lesson learn for them. Korea is still the underdog facing China tomorrow.

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Having JYJ play WS3 for CHN is scary (for CHN) as she's proven time and time again to not have the mental capacity to cope. I hope this was a gamble against NED to allow ZL to rest. CHN must have ZL back in the line up for the SF. I think XXF will bounce back in a big way, so I'm not too worried about her. Of biggest concern is LL. Her form seems to fluctuate from day to day... you never know which version will show up. Once again, their incredible WD pairs bailed them out, so with that in mind, I think CHN will be too strong for KOR tomorrow.

19. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

I predict that CHN is not going to lose any tie from SF onwards in UC.
    Bank on it.

20. jason_tiger

jason_tiger Regular Member

Agree to your view, Felix.
    China over confident today, surely they will put ZL back as 3rd single in Semifinal and final.
    It would be a big big upset/mistake if 2nd single beat Lu Lan today.
    Lucky escape reallly.