Taufik Will Be Banned From Playing This Wc 2006

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by indra, Sep 17, 2006.

1. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    u don't have to ask, u just have to read what i've written...i said i'm just curious...and i know it's a touchy question...i just want to know some facts about TH coz he's my son's idol...are you making a big deal out of it?

2. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

ctjcad,
    btw, Taufik said that his dream was to become an Olympic gold medalist and a world champion since he was so young. It took him several years for him to see his dream come true. And now, he said that he's only dream that has not been fulfilled yet is to become an All England champion. If he failed to make it this year, he still can try to make it next year, or the next year etc. Unless he decide to retire.

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic..

sorry, thanks for the correction, Ningtyas..what i meant to say is the SEA Games(which was held in Manila in late November) and maybe he mentioned abt the Asian Games which was held in Hyderabad, India(in September 2005, right after WC, which i believe Sony won Gold??)...Abt the All-England, i remember he said something to the effect of "My next goal is to win the All-England(early 2005) as that is my only remaining 'prestigious' title i haven't had"..
    Anyways, my point was, even with him going thru with his words of winning WC & Olympics, we can only take them as "face value" or "talks" until he actually proves it..;)

#83 ctjcad, Sep 18, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..true..it's essentially up to him, if he really wants it or not..;)

5. Ningtyas

Ningtyas Regular Member

ctjcad, I don't believe you don't know what Asian Games mean!:p
    I highly doubt that Taufik means Sea Games, when he said it was Asian Games! Thank you for confirming that Taufik has made the coming Asian Games as his target, even after winning the WC!

Last year even is Asian Championship. Asian Games is more prestigious than Asian Championship, it's like an Olympic but only in Asian level. The last time we had it in Busan Korea, 2002, where Taufik was the gold medallist for MS.
    The next is the one in Qatar. It is held every 4 years. :p

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, i understand what he did wasn't as severe as what Sigit did..But perhaps a "somewhere in the middle" disciplinary action/solution could be him still playing but under somekind of a probation period(being monitored say for 6 months to 1 yr max.). Thus if he fails to follow thru on those terms, then they can put another action....Sigh, it's too bad such a professional athlete, an OC and WC & 2 times IBF Player of the Year has to be subjected to these..:rolleyes: :p

#86 ctjcad, Sep 18, 2006
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Sorry for the typos

aih, sorry2, for the typos(i tried to edit but time ran out and i was typing other stuff, lots of things going on in my mind at the same time:p)...Yah, i know what's Asian Games...;) I meant to say the Asian Championship, for the link, that was held last September. Yah, i remember now, it was the SEA Games which Taufik mentioned, as his next goal along with the AE, after the WC...He kind of mentioned a bit abt the Asian Games, which is this yr, but not in detail..
    Anyways, enough already, as we're getting off topic now...:p:)

#87 ctjcad, Sep 18, 2006
  8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well..representing Indonesia in winning an Asian Games Gold medal is indeed a great achievement since Asian Games is considered as the second Olympics...even more prestigious than the Commonwealth Games.

9. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Sorry for changing the subject a little here, but I just read this at the new Badzine.info site:

“I feel good and I will do all I can to retain my title, but my main target this year is the Asian Games. I have no injuries and I felt quite good, not bothered by the wind. I would like to apologise for withdrawing in Hong Kong, but I still think something should be done about the line judging”

Any confirmation he said that? Sorry if I completely missed it! If it is true, well then there's our apology. I'm happy with that :). He's sticking to what he believes, but apologising to those that don't agree with his actions.

EDIT: Oh and of course here's the link:
    http://www.badzine.info/content/view/24/2/

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

ah...i would think that's a legit statement by Taufik himself and am happy to hear that from him..thank you for the link, phaarix..;):cool:

11. indra

indra Regular Member

Watch out LD!!!!:) He will keep his promise made in the last TC

12. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well, hope he learns (and he did say he was wrong in walking off) from this reagrdless of what happens next. I think Taufik's action was unneccsary but things done cannot be undone.

13. Tjun Tjun

Tjun Tjun Regular Member

Taufik has already apologised. Let us wait patiently till this Saturday as IBF is expected to meet and discuss Taufik's case. The decision could be a suspension, a fine or a warning or whatever. Since he's still allowed to play in this WC, let's us all enjoy his game as he still plays beautifully ... especially his backhand smashes and drives ...... My wish is to see him play a titanic match against the cocky Lin Dan (sorry Lin Dan's fans!) this coming weekend ..... and see who is the real master of the beautiful game of badminton .....

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think TH apology to the HK fans had cleared some air about his reasons to w/o at the hko. However, he also should apologize to the linelady for making his gestures. According to TH/pbsi, it was the umpire he had the beef with. Anyway, lets move on. Now the ibf look bad because they are dragging this incident for too long.

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

well, at least he has said somekind of an apology...It's a crucial first step(esp. from a player of his caliber) and hopefully it will lead to more "peaceful" resolution(s)..;):cool:

#95 ctjcad, Sep 19, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

BTW, any new updates on the impending "ban" on Taufik..

...supposed to be today...within a few hours, Taufik(his coach and PBSI camp) will convene and join the IBF meeting to find out his fate....anyone there following this news??..elwin81??..or anyone else??..please let us know as soon as it breaks-thanks:confused: ;)

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

So, any news yet for TH??..

..sorry guys...just want to know abt any news as it's nearing Sunday in Madrid already & i can't find any news at the official IBF website...or IBF still mulling over this??..thx-;)

18. kemana

kemana Regular Member

I'm waiting for the news too, didn't they say the result will be out on Saturday?

19. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

I'm standing on Taufik's side... i think except for the disappointing walkover in HK open, he did everything right. IBF will have to do something to get the line judgement fair and clear

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Taufik's request for IBF to "do something to get the line judgment fair and square"(after what happened in the HK Open) has been taken into consideration(in a recent article released by IBF). And you may argue for him on that issue.
    However, what IBF is supposedly "focusing" on now is what to do with Taufik's behavior at the HK Open. Which i'm hope you're not "defending" him. If you do, you may want to compare what Taufik did for losing 1 point against what ZhangYW went thru for losing 11 points(even if part of it was her fault), yet she didn't stormed-off the court and kept on playing..:rolleyes: ;)