taufik, the last hope to break china wall :)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by taufik-ist, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well, in that case...

..hehe, indra, since you "light-heartedly" mentioned that "Taufik learned from you",:) maybe after Taufik comes back from the China Open, you can tell him and "coach" him on his weakness and what he should work on & change...Because the next time he steps back on the court(whenever that will be), we don't want to see any lackadaisical effort or out-of-shape form from him. Because we(us BC/BFers) will expect nothing less than a Final appearance, which might include a full, all-out to the max, energy-sapping effort(if need be) from him, a WC and OC. If he's not ready to compete, then tell him to stay back and train & prepare even more.
    Which means, if he comes up short again in his next tournament appearance, *all eyes* will be on you...hehe;):rolleyes: :p :) :D

#61 ctjcad, Oct 21, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  2. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Actually, I've gotta say Taufik played very well against Chen Jin this time. Whether he was exhausted or not, I've no clue... everyone could say he looked tired or he missed a shot, but only Taufik himself knew whether or not he was really out of gas. Chen Jin simply just played very very well, and there was no shame for Taufik losing to him this time unlike TH's previous defeats. Taufik will need to train hard, or else there will be more players that may some day exceed him in abilities. Bottom line: Chen Jin > expectation in his match against Taufik!!! Side note: How come I can not space out my paragraphs... they just stick together after I summit my post???

3. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

XD fallen apart? rubbish. fact is there r so many strong XD sides from around the world that in any given tournament there r so many quality XD entrants that can win it (incl. china!). CHina cant field an XD that is head n shoulders better than the other countries and u call that 'fallen apart'?! idiot.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i haven't seen the match myself, but i could imagine(just reading the posts of that match alone already revealed how tense and exciting it was, esp. the 3rd set)..;) :cool:

5. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

I feel sorry for them as TH won't give them the chance...
    they have to paly each other again:(

6. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    It's worth watching.. I can tell you that much. I watched it 3 times already... really admire Chen Jin for playing so well during such an intense game. Smacking the floor when he won match point = ??? Anyways, a new pose compare to the "crying" or "muscle show". LOL. Chen Jin's choice of shots = top tier in the 3rd game except like 1 or 2 points.

7. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I would look-down on any player if they play like sh*t, but you gotta give Taufik credit this time for his performance. Taufik played well, and it was just Chen Jin made sure that it was going to be an all-China semi-final !!!

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Some post claimed the great wall was impregnable so it's important to refresh some memory. Thanks for admitting on CHn 's behalf that it's XD is not great. Remember it used to be winner or runner up most of the time before 2006? In WC2006, none make it to even the last four in spite of fielding how many entries? In JO2006, none make it to the finals in spite of fielding the most number of entries. If you don't call that 'fallen apart' , what would you call it? 'Holding on?' I'm just predicting the collapse in 2007; it may come true ,it may not, badminton goes on and hopefully gets better.

9. badders2006

i stil think ur words go too far as far as XD are concerned. using words like 'fallen apart' and even predictin a collapse? yes it was disapointing for chn not to have any teams make semis in the worlds but like i said, there is jst so much strength in the XD discipline from so many countries its like a lottery who wins any particular match. chn stil have strong XD teams in zhang/gao (prob past their prime) and xie/zhang (xie always injured) and r capable of beating any other team jst like any other team hav jst as gud a chance of beating CHN.

10. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

Poor TH, he shouldn't participate in CO in the first place. Since PG and LCW are not participating, he stand little chance because there are no other player that can stop China 4 super star LD,BCL,CJ,CH. All 4 of them are at same par of standard. Taufik might gone through 1 or 2 of them but eventually he will be drained off. Now looks like he can't even get through CJ. Poor Taufik

11. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    Time is running out for him.. he definatly have to participate or else he wont make it for Doha.. he need all the experience and practices in order to see how far behind he is compared to the rest..

12. badders2006

u shud show sum respect to CJ. sounds like u regard CJ as the lowest of the 4 and think CJ shudnt hav beaten Taufik... rude boy CJ is strong n i know im not alone wen i say CJ has more potential than BCL and CH n cud surpass LD for the no.1 chn spot in the not too distant future!

13. ggsam

ggsam Regular Member

O man i think u got me wrong, i didn't mentioned CJ is the lowest standard among 4 chn super star, did I? Wat i mentioned was they are at same par of standard. I just feel pity for TH as now anyone of the chn stars is enough to drained him off. Again Taufik pity u.

14. woodenRacket

woodenRacket Regular Member

what i said is for Indra :rolleyes:

i do respect Taufik for his performance this time. yet i know someone would say Taufik is still not playing with all his might and because blah blah ...:)

15. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

even though u r half-right, calling someone an idiot just because you are not agreed with it proves that u r nothing less than an idiot too

16. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Taufik most certainly is playing to his full ability now. There's no doubt about it, he's certainly been playing a lot more seriously recently. So it'll be interesting to see how he performs next year in the Super Series!

17. badders2006

i apologise for using that term but i jst feel that the words 'fallen apart' was completelyyyy inappropriate. Fact is we r so used to seeing CHN reach the Finals of any discipline (other than MD). because CHN have set such high standards , wen they have a couple of bad tournies someone thinks 'oh they've fallen apart now!' outrageous! i do admit this thou.. zhang/gao r past their peak n xie/zhang r still tryin to recover their form with xie comin back frmo injury.. so yes CHN XD not full strength at this time.. but how that is 'fallen apart' with xu/zhao and he/yu lookin promising i really dont kno.
    REMEMBER: XD is the ONE discipline where a handful of countries can win in any gven tournament - there is incredible strength in depth in this discipline which is great - every country has its own super strong pair so we must put it into CONTEXT!!

#77 badders2006, Oct 21, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2006
  18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's ok

Take it easy.Thanks for being thoughtful. He's just emotionally worked up and need to express his frustration. No problem if he feels better after. Nothing personal.

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think TH pity everyone else coz he has the OC gold and we don't:p

20. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Yeah and we still haven't heard from Indra yet!

Indra, see what I mean when I say you should be more modest and realistic! This way you don't get embarrassed like this. I like Peter Gade as much as you idolize Taufik but I never go around saying everyone is afraid of Peter Gade.