taufik, the last hope to break china wall :)

Discussion in 'Japan Open / China Open 2006' started by taufik-ist, Oct 19, 2006.

1. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

this thread is reaaaally funny... i see many flaming indra..lol
    I like LD for his speed and power, TH for his superior technique, PG for his unique playing style, LCW for his relentless effort and fighting spirit...
    For me, they are the top 4 players as of now...

now, just to have someone on indra's side.. i think taufik is the most talented player in this era... his technique alone is more than enough to get him a gold in athens and the 2005 WC...
    unfortunately, time ages people.. TH doesn't have the same good old physical condition he once has... and we all know that talent is not the only thing that wins championships... perfect example is LD.. LD's plays may not be the most flashy plays.. but his placing, consistency, speed and power makes up for that...

i understand why indra idolizes taufik very much... winning two 7* tournaments in a year isn't just really hard to ignore:)

*don't flame me ok? kidding...:D

2. aznjjchan

aznjjchan Regular Member

what happened in game 3 between TH vs LD

what happened? in game 3 of TH vs LD, the score was 21-3 and TH ended the match was much discouragement. The handshake between TH and LD was weak... if you would brought it to the third game atleast finish it... :crying:

hmmm....

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    CH national team afraids TH the most,then there's LCW.PG stands the lowest.Sorry to say that(no offense)The new guy boonsak still not included in the black list,yet.This is what i heard from the commentators in every matches n i feel it that way as well.LD n TH's match is one of the match that everyone's waiting.It's a pity that LD had to walk out because of his injury.We couldnt enjoy the match like we expected.But if we wanna find out which one is better,we should watch the Sudirman,Thomas Uber,OG.Players really prepared up for those big matches.Like opens,players could sometimes underestimate their opponents,which results in unexpected lost.

Player's world rank is what's CH national team really after.They're so desperate n eager about filling the top 10.But what happend when a 1st rank(LD) got defeated by a 34th rank(TH)?Once i heard the conversation of the 2 commentators during the LD n TH's match.One commentator,a woman,in chinese,said TH's achievement these days were poor.He went down to 34th.N the other commentator said,even though it's true,TH is still one of the most feared opponents of CH national team.His rank went down only because he participated in much lesser number than LD did.LD almost participated in Every championship,while TH only participated in matches that he think it's important.Even that,in some of them,he's still absent.

So,my point is Between TH n LD,no one is better.They're both r one of the almost perfect example of their style.So,it's all depends on what u like.If u like speed n power,maybe LD is ur idol.But if u prefer brainy,smart,more technique..then maybe TH is ur man.I like TH myself.I love to learn from his play,since i'm not that fast.I prefer make ur opponent running that kind of game,rather than comparing who's faster n more powerful.I dont like TH in person,but i do like his game play.So does LD,i love to his play,but i dont like his attitude as well.Their personality is still somehow dissapointing.But i'm glad i heard much less of those news these days.

So,it's our own prefference.But winning big matches n not all the matches,of course,will be one standard to state which one's better.Looking forward for those days.

#83 Smichz, May 30, 2007
    Last edited: May 30, 2007
  4. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    Wrong. It must be 1.3 billion