TAUFIK the DOMINATOR

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by POSHBOY, Aug 21, 2005.

1. T-rex

T-rex Regular Member

jakarta,bandung,jogjakarta, semarang,surabaya, bal
    wow:eek:

taufik won olympic gold medal on august 21, 2004
    and then he won gold medal in world championship on august 21, 2005(anaheim time)

PAS SEKALI YA
    ANYWAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    GOOD LUCK

2. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    that would be another motivation for him :) and for the badminton aficionados, more TH games to watch...

3. smash

smash Regular Member

accountant
    Ya I agree, even like Hendrawan Indonesia ladies couch said, in China badminthon training centre, the pictures which is display on the wall is only for who winning the major tournaments like : TC & UC, AE, OC & WC

#43 smash, Aug 22, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  4. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

Pretender

This guy is just another good pretender to make himself marketable just like Beckham(doing all sorts of things to attract media)...I know he is good but he is too materialistic and realistic.U seldom see him win any 5* nor 6* opens but when comes to games like Olympic and WC he will then win it....its all looks very unfair to others that I think far better and more consistent than him.
    I remember in the quarter final game against Kenneth,this fella said in an interview after the match - "I am lazy to chase the shuttle in the first game,but then when we switched court,I realized that the game is lived in Indonesia.So I tried my best and at last I won the game" what's this mean man? Is this means that if there is no live then he will not try his best?LOUSY fella....LD and PG and even LCW,Kenneth and BCL are far better than him.This fella is just bless with lucks when it comes to BIG games.If not,I dun think so he will win.If some of u dun believe in me, lets see the rest of coming IBF championships for this year.I am quite confident he wont win any of them except Indo Open. Cos he is also Jaguh Kampung ...hahaha:D

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Frankly, I don't think you are very objective in your criticism of Taufit. I am also a Malaysian but I give credit where credit is due, and Taufit is, in my opinion, the best of today's lot in terms of pure technical and exquisite skills. He may be brash, materialistic, and probably has a bad attitude, but we are judging the man on his badminton not his personal traits.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

You have written a lot of rubbish in this post....and please check your facts before you even wrote those rubbish down here.

He has won many other tournaments besides the Indonesian Open. The big titles include the 2002 Asian Games (facing the home crowd in Busan), 2004 Asian Championships (yeah..in your hometown Malaysia u know), 2004 Olympic Games, 2005 World Championships. All these are not Indonesia mind u...and you can include other titles like Japan Open, Singapore Open, etc etc.

Your reasoning that LCW, Kenneth, LD, PG and BCL are FAR BETTER than him is really crappy! Its the BIG games that matter...and when those players fail to win the big games, it says something about their mentality also!

7. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

whateva

So u call all these a lot -- >
    "He has won many other tournaments besides the Indonesian Open. The big titles include the 2002 Asian Games (facing the home crowd in Busan), 2004 Asian Championships (yeah..in your hometown Malaysia u know), 2004 Olympic Games, 2005 World Championships. All these are not Indonesia mind u...and you can include other titles like Japan Open, Singapore Open, etc etc.
    " As I said,all these are BIG games and he has lucks in BIG games only.Please understand a person's post first before ever thinking of replying it.I said it without bias and I just like to see those consistent players to win..cos I thot thats is more fair.But sad to say,they lost.I din say TH is bad is skills but he is just sometimes help with some lucks to win those BIG games.From what u said, seems like TH has only won 4 titles from 2002 - 2005(so far).U call that consistent???Huh???Look at LD, see how many he has won....

8. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

I agree and accept ur comment

Totally agree with you by saying that "He may be brash, materialistic, and probably has a bad attitude" but I should agree with you that he is skilled.But I have already said in my prev post that he is GOOD!Just that I am a bit annoy with his attitude and fyi, I am not malaysian lar.....I registered wrong location

9. T-rex

T-rex Regular Member

jakarta,bandung,jogjakarta, semarang,surabaya, bal

well let see your badminton player lee chong wei, he is also jagoh kampong too.
    I know LCW beated lin dan and taufik in malaysia open last month. but only in malaysia.

you said that he wont win any of them except indo open
    I will correct
    last year taufik won in asian championship 2004 in MALAYSIA. is that any malaysian player won in indonesia?
    and then he won olympic gold medal in athens (europe), yeah he won 5 times in indo open after that he won singapore open beated peter gade christensen (quarterfinal), lindan (semifinal) and chen hong (final). and the last he won in world championship (anaheim USA). In semi final he beated lee chong wei
    u still comment that he's only jagoh kampong?

think before you post

10. Hugo

Hugo Regular Member

Electrical Engineer
    Taufik is the best MS player at THIS MOMENT. That fact, very few of us would argue. However, Lin Dan has shown great consistency overall throughout the past 2 years and only failing to win the extremely major 7* tourneys. In the past 2 years, he's won 8 Grand Prixs, and many more runner-up and semi-final positions. That is something to be said for. If we recall, during that period that he was on a roll, he was thought to be invincible winning bout 4 outta every 5 tournaments he entered. During that peak point, if an opponent got a set on him it was considered a semi-victory.

At the Olympics he ran into trouble but noticed how he IMMEDIATELY bounced back and won 3 straight grand prixs back-to-back right after that? So now he suddenly loses tamely to Taufik in the gold match of WC (after grueling quarter and semi-final matches) and everybody's reducing him to nothingness??? I think his numbers in the past 2 years speak for themselves. Remember how Taufik lost to LCW this year at Proton 15-5, 15-0? How come nobody jumped on the boat on that one??

In terms of consistency and overall medal haul in last 2 years, Lin Dan takes the margin easily.

My point: watch for LD to come back in the upcominng Opens as he as shown to do in the past.

11. noeryan05

noeryan05 Regular Member

if you isn't malaysian, how can you said jaguh kampong, that's malay language.

eventhough he's badboy and playboy, who cares. for me taufik still my number 1 badminton player
    totally agree, taufik is the dominator

#51 noeryan05, Aug 22, 2005
  12. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

ya, i totally agree with you...
    unless we judge a player by his love affair not his performance in the court;)

13. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

sorry will have to disagree.Taufik does n't win many other tournaments coz lately he has not been able to play in all.Just take a look at his technique.Unmatchable.And if he can be an icon like Beckham,what's wrong with that?
    But yes even i did n't get it when he said that i realised in the middle of the 2nd game that Indonesians would be watching back home...etc

14. noeryan05

noeryan05 Regular Member

Sasaran beralih ke Sukan SEA

ANAHEIM, California - Selepas gagal membawa pulang sebarang kejuaraan daripada Kejohanan Dunia yang berakhir semalam, pasukan badminton Malaysia diberi tugas besar iaitu memburu sebanyak mungkin pingat emas pada Sukan SEA Manila, 27 November hingga 5 Disember depan.

Ketua jurulatih kebangsaan, Yap Kim Hock menegaskan, sasaran pemain negara kali ini bukan lagi melangkah ke separuh akhir tetapi membawa pulang gelaran dengan sandaran terbaik adalah menerusi perseorangan lelaki, beregu lelaki dan beregu wanita.

Katanya lagi, beliau berharap sebahagian besar pemain-pemain muda negara telah mengutip sebanyak mungkin pengalaman berguna daripada penyertaan mereka dalam Kejohanan Dunia, dan bersedia untuk bersaing memburu kedudukan utama pada edisi ke-23 temasya.

``Keseluruhannya prestasi pemain negara pada Kejohanan Dunia agak baik kalau diukur daripada potensi pemain-pemain muda seperti Lee Chong Wei dan Koo Kien Keat yang hanya membuat penampilan pertama tetapi berjaya melayakkan diri ke separuh akhir,'' kata Kim Hock, semalam.

``Bagaimanapun apabila beraksi di peringkat yang lebih rendah seperti Sukan SEA, sasaran kita sepatutnya adalah lebih tinggi. Kalau pada Kejohanan Dunia kita boleh pergi hingga separuh akhir, di Sukan SEA kita kena menang dan membawa pulang pingat emas.

``Memang kalau boleh kita hendak menang juga dalam beberapa kejohanan Terbuka antarabangsa yang akan berlangsung selepas ini tetapi gelaran pada sukan SEA lebih penting daripada semua kejohanan tersebut, saya tidak tidak kisah gagal dalam pertandingan individu yang penting menang di Manila.' 'Menurut Kim Hock, Indonesia akan menjadi penghalang utama Malaysia pada temasya itu, apatah lagi kini sudah terbukti mereka amat mantap dalam acara beregu lelaki - menerusi pasangan Candra Wijaya-Sigit Budiarto dan Luluk Haryanto-Alven Yulianto, malah memiliki perseorangan lelaki - Taufik Hidayat yang baru muncul juara dunia.

Beregu campuran mereka, Nova Widianto-Lilyana Natsir sudah pasti akan menjadi pilihan utama untuk memenangi acara beregu campuran selepas merangkul kejuaraan dunia, manakala pasangan Thailand, Sudket Prapakamol- Saralee Thungthongkam juga bakal menjadi tumpuan selepas mara ke separuh akhir di Anaheim.

``Memang Indonesia akan menjadi pencabar terkuat Malaysia, itu adalah tradisi sejak dulu lagi. Tetapi antara Malaysia dan Indonesia, kekuatannya adalah seimbang. Kita tidak boleh memberi banyak alasan lagi, saya percaya kita sudah berada di satu tahap di mana kita harus meletakkan sasaran tinggi apabila bertanding.''Badminton menyumbangkan dua pingat emas, satu perak dan empat gangsa kepada kontinjen Malaysia pada Sukan SEA 2003 di Vietnam, di mana kedua-dua emas negara diraih menerusi beregu lelaki, Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah dan perseorangan wanita, Wong Mew Choo. - Utusan
    from utusan malaysia online

is that PBSI will send taufik in manila?
    I disagree for that, I think sea games only for junior player like simon santoso.
    taufik won gold medal sea games in 1999 right?

#54 noeryan05, Aug 22, 2005
  15. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

plz say it clearer...
    sorry i cant read malaysian at all...:confused:
    when will the sea game start? before indo open?
    i know taufik wont attend china master...:rolleyes:

16. ckloo

ckloo Regular Member

There is something called dictionary

There is something called dictionary in this world and there is another thing called "Can ask my Malaysian frens."
    Ok seems I am wrong in some sense or maybe I shouldnt said anything that criticise TH in this thread so I should just quit this thread and open my own or maybe go to another forum that can voice out my opinion more openly...sorry for the time taken.Thanks!

17. nana_bad

nana_bad Regular Member

Guys who dont like Taufik... or want to Criticise him...get out from this thread!!!

This thread started to appriciate and congratulate Taufik's victory in IBF Championship-2005. Guys who dont like his victory , or who dont like him.. or want to criticise him, better get away from this thread or start your own thread.

He played like Champion.. win like Champion... he is the World Champion overall... Guys who still doubts his talents(or who thinks he wins bcos of luck) after his stunning Olympic gold medal and IBF gold, really dont have any 'Badminton Brain'. They just jealous about him or dont like him.

He is the complete player in modern days....

18. Slugs

Slugs Regular Member

The targets are set for the Sea Games

Here's the translation:

On its failure to bring home any title at the WC yesterday, the Malaysian badminton contingent is given the big task of grabbing as many gold medals as it possibly can at the Manila SEA Games to be held from 27th November to 5th December.

Chief national coach, Yap Kim Hock, emphasised that the target of the national shuttlers this time round is not the semifinals any more but to bring home the titles in the promising events of men's singles, men's doubles and women's doubles.

He added with the hope that most of the young national players would have picked up valuable lessons from their participation at the WC, and be prepared to competitively achieve the highest at the 23rd edition of the SEA Games.

"Overall, the performance of the national players at the WC is satisfactory if the achievements of its young players such as Lee Chong Wei and Koo Kien Keat are measured: in lieu of their first WC outing, they were able to qualify for the semifinals" said Kim Hock.

"However in an outing of a lesser competition such as the SEA Games, our target should ideally be higher. If at the WC we qualify for the semifinals, then at the SEA Games we must win to bring home the gold medals".

"Obviously, if we can, we must also win the various international open championships from now on, but the achievements from the SEA Games are more important than all of those, and I'm not very particular about failures in the individuals but more importantly is to win at Manila".

According to Kim Hock, Indonesia will become a major stumbling block at the forthcoming Games, considering the proven ability of their men's doubles Candra Wijaya-Sigit Budiarto and Luluk Haryanto-Alven Yulianto, and men's singles Taufik Hidayat who emerged as a champion at the WC.

Their pair Nova Widianto-Lilyana Natsir inevitably will be the favourite to win the mixed doubles as a consequence of their WC title, and Thailand's pair of Sudket Prapakamol-Saralee Thungthongkam will be garnering much attention after qualifying for the semifinals at Anaheim.

"It is for granted that Indonesia will be a major challenge to Malaysia; and that has been the tradition since time immemorial. But between Malaysia and Indonesia, their strengths are at par. We must not give any more excuses, and I believe we've achieved a level where we must place a high expectation when competing".

"Badminton contributed 2 gold, 1 silver and 4 bronze medals for the Malaysian Contingent at the SEA Games 2003 in Vietnam; the 2 golds were achieved through men's doubles Choong Tan Fook - Lee Wan Wah and women's singles Wong Mew Chew".

19. kontrabando

kontrabando Regular Member

IT Manager
    slugs, thanks for the translation...
    i just hope all participating countries will give it their ALL come SEA games...
    I'll be there watching!!! :D

20. genjyo

genjyo Regular Member

thank you very much:)

hmmm, it seems the sea game is very close to china open which is ended on NOV.13....
    i dont know whether taufik wants to attend two tournaments in a month:confused:
    if he wont, it is too bad i am trying my best to watch that so early:rolleyes: