Taufik decided not to participate in All England

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by sugar_free, Feb 26, 2007.

1. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
    Pissed is an understatement, if I were them I would be furious!

2. indra

indra Regular Member

Everybody seems to blame TH....

TH has lots of things at stake , being "sacked" from Pelatnas, loss of popularity, loss of team mates, being called a bad boy, loss of opportunities of winning the title he has wanted so much, or whatever you name it....However, he has never backed down. I have always seen it differently. He is very outspoken, straightforward. His attitude with regard to unfairness is very consistent. He always refuses to back down on a point of principle.
    PBSI needs players and people like him to regain the glory of Indonesian badminton.

Now...the ball is on the PBSI's court.

Man...I like him even more now!!!!

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hahha Indra is very Vocal too.. like his Idol. :)

4. jerby

jerby Regular Member

- TH makes his own descicions...who's else to blame?
    - Taufiks has never backed down? remember the last AE? remember the HKO-06?

Taufik wanted 7 players to stay out of the AE, he was making a fuss out of something that hardly concerned him!
    In the end, taufik only punishes himself, and his fans..

I wouldn't say the ball's in PSBI's court..I'd say Taufik stole the ball from PSBI's court and ran away crying;) :eek:

5. daniel2323

daniel2323 Regular Member

6. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
    Principles mean a lot to Taufik at the expense of his team mates? Who the hell does he think he is? A prophet?

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Could Taufik Hidayat play for KL Racquet Club, and not for Indonesia ???

Greetings,

I have just posted in another thread, located at http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39747 this comment;

====== start comment ======

I am seriously hoping that Taufik Hidayat, our BBB (Badminton Bad Boy :):):)), could be our first player to break away from National Associations.

With his decision not to participate in the All England 2007 to protest against PBSI, I am hoping that KL Racquet Club could come in to ask him to play not for Indonesia, but for KLRC.

Like what kwun have posted, we could have more individualism, rather than nationalism.

====== end comment ======

Cheers... chris@ccc

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Here's the real story as I heard from PBSI insiders:
    Taufik wanted to go to Papua, he asked Lius [Kepala Pembinaan Prestasi/Head of Development] and the other officials in charge. They said no because that tournament in Papua will distract the PBSI training program and nobody from the National Team can go otherwise they shall be punished. Taufik said: ok, and calmly abide by the ruling.

Then later on, Taufik learned that 7 of his other teammates all went to Papua. Deliberately breaking Lius' policy. Lius himself is furious! And handed out his form of punishment: banning them from tournaments. Taufik said: "That's not much of a punishment!! Next time, I WILL break PBSI policy, you can hand the same type of punishment to me too..." Taufik then demanded justice in rowdy way. He went to see Mr. Sutiyoso and other top PBSI officials to voice his dissatisfaction. They didn't respond to his requests enough, I guess...

So, Taufik just boycotted All England as a continuation of his protest....:eek:

I am still dazed by his choice of actions...:crying: PBSI surely is not fair and should have penalized the 7 players monetarily [since money was what they value]. Taufik.... oh my my... I don't know what to say anymore... :eek:

9. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
    Does Taufik think that by boycotting All England PBSI would suffer? The only person who suffers from the boycott is Taufik himself. It doesn't make sense. Again I think this is an excuse to get out of All England as he is not confident he can win the title. By the way, does anybody know if Taufik is also boycotting the Swiss Open? Taufik will be playing Peter Gade in the first round. It would be even sillier if Taufik boycotts All England but chose to go to Swiss Open.

10. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    Well, I respect Taufik as a player, but outside the court, his actions sometimes confuse me. Withdrawing from the AE is not really a protest to PBSI, its more like a punishment for himself. He will have to wait for next year to do it, if he can. Taufik should abide by PBSI's decision and not throw a big fuss just because someone else benefited, albeit the wrong way. Taufik is not PBSI, and PBSI rules over Taufik. Taufik should respect PBSI's decision; it is not his organisation.

11. sabathiel

sabathiel Regular Member

Lawyer
    To bite the hand that feeds you is foolish!

12. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Taufik confuses me too... I often dislike his choice of action but there's just something about him I really like. I don't think he was trying to be personal about the whole thing (with his team mates), but it certainly was a bit harsh >_>.

Hmm, I'm not sure why Taufik is getting all the negative attention here. No one really seems to care about what his team mates had done. I guess it goes to show how much influence Taufik really does have.

13. modious

modious Regular Member

thanks for the translations babonimut. See you on Thurs if I can make it.

Taufik as usual, is just being himself. :)

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Chris has brought out the issue of "professionalism" in badminton in another thread.

Is Taufik professional?
    Is PBSI professional?

Professionalism work both ways and should work at all levels. Certainly, Taufik could learn to be a more professional player as his past conduct left much to be desired. But neither did the PBSI Administration show much professionalism in its dealings with the players in the past. And much has been aired in this Forum about PBSI shortcomings.

Whilst badminton needs unique and colourful characters like Taufik and Lin Dan, we also need good role models to serve as a guide to young aspirants. Players therefore should aspire to become real professionals and try to reduce their shortcomings to give badminton a better image in world sports.

15. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I think badminton has a lot more to worry about than a few small mishaps like these. Take Ice Hockey for example, Taufik or Lin Dan I'm sure would be the "good boys" in that sport. And yet Ice Hockey is very popular in America. I personally think it's complete rubbish, but I don't think these little "controversial" events are going to wildly affect the sport of badminton.

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree... Taufik punishes himself unnecessarily in this matter. Taufik didn't find a win-win solution, but jumped to a loose-loose-loose-loose-loose solution...

• Taufik looses [no All England title this year],
    • PBSI looses [reputation, chance of glory],
    • Lius looses [legitimacy as a new leader, respect etc.] and by the way, Lius is a very nice guy and is really dedicated to Indonesian badminton without much regard to what sacrifices he has to make... It is hard to find someone of his calibre and personal integrity... Taufik punishes him too much for this little disciplinary mistake that he made...
    • his 7 teammates loose reputation [by blowing this internal case to the press, now a lot of people will think negatively about the 7 teammates], Taufik invites new enemies this way...
    • Indonesia looses [very little chance of getting All England MS this year],
    • All England looses [a bit]... surely, less top players, less prestige and excitement...
    • the average badminton fan looses [can't watch exciting matches between Taufik vs. Hafiz or Taufik vs. Lin Dan]...
    • :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
    So who wins?
    • Maybe some die-hard Lin Dan and Hafiz fans, who would like to see their idol win the AE regardless of who attended and played... :(
    • Well, some who argue "any publication is good publication" will say that: this embarassing event is good for badminton because badminton hardly get any publication at all... :rolleyes:
    Taufik, yes **** happens and there are a lot of unfairness out there... you were not the first and won't be the last! But we all have to make the best out of the things that we have and out of things that happen to us... Choosing a loose-loose-loose-loose-loose solution is simply just not wise!

17. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Yeah it's pretty damn confusing to me. In fact I had to reread the original few posts about this a few times before a understood exactly why he was doing it :S. I'm pretty disappointed and I hope he sees some sense before it's too late.

18. daniel2323

daniel2323 Regular Member

How can we win .. When the fool can be kings ?? ..

i understand why taufik like this but i still cant accept its all happen in this tournament, again??

poor taufik.. :(

19. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    BANNING should be replaced with FINING.

like in Liverpool, the club didn't ban the players (bellamy and rise) but the club fined them.

20. saugusli

saugusli Regular Member

Hi All,

Ok... Actually the probem came from Markis Kido..
    1. First Problem: At the Time 2Feb in Jakarta got floods accident and Hery IP and Thomas can't make It Pelatnas to coach the double players and Markis asked to Cristian Dinata (Double player coach coordinator) to change the both coaches (Hery IP and Thomas) to Sigit Pamungkas...

2. Second Problem:
    PBSI haven't approve Sigit to coach in Pelatnas but at time Sigit just go to pelatnas and take over two main double players (Markis/Hendra and Luluk Alvent).. The Other Coach also don't like that...

3. Third Problem:
    7 Feb, Thomas and Hery IP came to pelatnas and they are very supprise because Sigit Pamungkas take over the main double players. So they don't like and protest to Cristian,, so it is big problems.... I am also there at the time...

4. Fourth Problem:
    9Feb, All National Players, All National coaches, Pelatnas Director, and 2nd PBSI Voice President joined the meeting included Taufik Hidayat.
    So This one the peak Problems:

From this meeting, Taufik Said:
    - How come the new Coach (Sigit Pamungkas) can do coaching in national player without got approval from PBSI..
    - How come that coach (Sigit Pamungkas) last time 6/7 years ago is hery IP asistant coach got problem can came again.. Sigit P take on leave 1 week and not come 1 month so PBSI decided to terminated this coach...
    - Why the players can control PBSI, Taufid said: how come markis can select the sigit to coach him...
    - Taufik asked also: Markis go to papua tournament and PBSI not allow the all national players to go papua.... So PBSI gave dubious to 7 players (can't go to Korea and Malaysian) but the problem is the 7 players already register to korea and Malaysian so PBSI make dicision to give dubious to 7 players can't join in Swiss Open... Taufik said: Why Swiss Open... Because All England is start first and after that swiss open.. and taufik said: should be All England... not swiss open... So Taufik said: If PBSI still send the 7 Players plus Sigit Pamungkas to join the All England, Taufik don't want to go..

So At the meeting nobody want to complain to Taufik, because Taufik correct and all coaches + rest players agree with Taufik except Sigit P plus Markis. So after that problem was never solve..