Swiss Open 2007 - Day 5 (16 Mar) - QFs

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by hcyong, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I don't like to make such presumptions on players who just create one upset or lose one match to a much lower-ranked player (a la Gade in AE). They need to be consistently good or bad, at least in the same and perhaps the next one or two tournaments, for me to make such claims.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    My hope is that Li Li can create another upset on the other LL (Lu Lan) of China so that together with the XD (Fortunately or unfortunately, the Singaporean MD and WD pairs are broken up to face each other), Singapore would then have representatives in two events in the semifinals perhaps for the first time at this level.

Of course Kendrick Lee and Xing Aiying appeared in the lower ranked US Open a few years ago and won both the MS and WS titles;)

3. blckknght

blckknght Regular Member

Pastry Chef

They're taller so they have no choice but to look down ;-)
    I dont think they look down on malaysian doubles in any other way, do they? I dont think the world of professional sports is as emotional to do something like that. They're all mentally trained and stuff like that detracts from any mental toughness.
    G

4. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Not taking away any credit from Sony or any other players, I do agree with you. So often, we see them beating top ranked players but somehow they don't seem to able to lift the title at the end. Anyway, Sony is still young.

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Quite agree. Effectively KKK only played MD since XD was just one match. However I'll go for Sato to win over CJ since Sato did not have to play the 3 extra matches in MSQ.For CJ to be stretched by Wacha indicates his tank is leaking. Speed and experience over power and youth!

6. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    who would Rexy guide then if both of the pairs are in the final??? maybe he can take leave on that day......for once be a real spectator and enjoy the game??? Though would like CCM/HTH to win (a somehow compensation for them to rip off both of their original partnersand to get some world ranking points), but on the other hand im thinking about 2 SS gold in a row for KKK/TBH.....:p:p:p:p hahaha..... im talking as if they are going to play in the MD final today.......

what do you all think about this?

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    This is really a test on consistency for KKK/TBH against Fu/Cai. The Chinese is hungry n looking foward to breakthe legs of the Msian Pair. However KKK/Tbh have to be on their toes.
    As for CCM/HTH, they have to win the 1st set against the Danes n keep pressuring them in order to win. They had a lucky escape againts the Koreans yesterday.. This time they must keep the shuttle low and keep doing the drops to tire the Danes. I hope to see them in Finals.

8. stevenhyx

stevenhyx Regular Member

wont happen i think............dun forget other strong pairs are trying to block kkk/tkh let say gone hrough cy/fhf.....then indo/Us pair are waiting ............
    thats is tough tough game.....as they become the no 1 enemy in he men double.......

can ccm/thh going htrough experinced eriksen and luudgaard???? thats a question as yesterday game looks yo=yo from behing 10-18 finshed at 21-23.....hope they solve their problem quickly as tonite is tough game....

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    yeah, they had a lucky escape. i hope they learned their lesson. they should do well tonight

10. syusuke ika

syusuke ika Regular Member

student
    kkk n tbh !!

huhu ..

>>i think...kkk n tbh will win against china's pair ......yea ..really2 hope,they will go to da final ..n fight another malaysian pair >>their pair before this(ccm n hth)

>>i hope sony will beat lin dan ...dun't eva let lin dan conquer the event yea !!

ok!~ Malaysia boleh !~:p

11. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

It's fun to play guessing game at the players' mentality. I tend to look at CY/FHF from an opposite perspective. The two pairs have only met twice and the World No.1 lost to a new combination which was considered a scratch pair barely 5 months ago. If the Chinese pair loses again this time round, it will probably months or even more than a year for them to recover from their mental block when they face KKK/TBH again in the future. That's why I believe the LYB and co. will psycho them to go all the way out to get even this time round.

Those who have seen the film series of ROCKY would know what I mean - the no-hoper Rocky Balboa beat world champion Apollo Creed in ROCKY; agonized Apollo argues that Rocky wins by sheer luck and challenges him in ROCKY II; Rocky beat Apollo again and Apollo decides to give up challenging Rocky for good.

12. IndoAmerican

IndoAmerican Regular Member

Except this time it is not a movie, in a real life often things are much different... I think it will be 50/50 between MAS and CHN this time, it depends on the conditions of the players and who wants it more to win.

13. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    good analysis !!! :p:p:p:p:p come on KKK/TBH you can do it again......

14. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

I suspect that you have misunderstood my point. What I meant was not that CY/FHF have lost their confidence. I was merely responding to X Ball's speculation that "CAI-FU played their hearts out trying to beat KKK/TBH and they may not throw in the same energy like they did against KKK/TBH in the AE 2007 Final" by suggesting another possibility, that is, LYB and co. will make sure that they go all the way out to beat KKK/TBH.

#34 Inky2000, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  15. ailouros

ailouros New Member

Pi Hongyan vs. Zhang Ning, again!

GO~~~Pi Hongyan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    Hey, people , im here , hihi...
    Alfa-2, where r u? Back. I just added. which is u

17. angelatby

angelatby Regular Member

Architect Assistant, Piano Teacher
    No man, its all depends on how u see it. I think Sony is up to a certain level all the time :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

His best past achievement (excluding minor tournaments):-

02 Apr 2006 -Asian Badminton Championships 2006 – Quarter-Finalist
    11 Sep 2005 -Asian Championships 2005 – Winner
    26 Apr 2004 -Asian Championships 2004 – Runner-Up
    17 Nov 2002 -JVC Asian Champs 2002 – Winner

I think it doesnt matter if u lose to a lower-ranking player as long as u maintain up to Q.Final. Some might have different point of views though :)

#37 angelatby, Mar 15, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I tend to disagree with you totally. I do not believe the Chinese coaches did not psycho Cai-Fu into beating KKK/TBH in the AE 2007 - it was to no avail. as we had witnessed.

And it is because of this (that it did not work before) that I believe it would be hard for them to be pysho'ed again and expect it to work this time. It is not a mental block in this case as you suggested, KKK/TBH play better badminton than the Chinese (simply much faster and more finesse).

BTW, you are badly influenced by movies which are not real stuff --- the real thing is Stallone who plays Rocky is in trouble in Melbourne, caught with some banned stuff.:)

19. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

well... afterall sony has been consistent enough in the last 3 superseries by reaching quarter final. he lost at last 1/16 at MO, but after that he take him self to the next level (of him self). and by the end of Swiss Open he will be INA number 1 MS officially. coz his rank will be higher than taufik. It's a better thing though. coz technicly taufiq is still no 1 INA MS, so when it comes to team beatle, INA will get advantage by putting taufiq as 2nd MS as he could guarantee a point! :)
    and Taufiq may feel less pressure then before so he can be more focus and having fun in the same time.

20. ixory

ixory Regular Member

I'm hoping all Malaysian do well tonight.Pray..Go go Malaysia ,KKK/TBH show u are uneasy pair to beat..