Sony

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by ricefield, Aug 18, 2007.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    How to control a mental collapse? You even cannot control what comes out your mouth.

By the way, Lin Dan didn't mentally collapse during the 2004 Olympics. It's just not in form, and not right tactics against Susilo. Anyway, there are always stuff to argue, so make it simple, no excuse whatever the reason, please lose gracefully.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i know,:p (midsun) LOL

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    your post doesn't even worth 2 cents for me to reply to

maybe u should change your name to 2rupiah

#63 cooler, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  4. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Indonesia is ready for the Thomas Cup

Hey guys,

Don't count out the Indonesians.

This tournament goes to show they can challenge China....they just need to have a deeper pool of players ( in singles) especially in the Thomas Cup.

As I can see for the upcoming Thomas Cup in their homeground(Jakarta):

Indonesia is pretty solid in their starting line-up:

1st Singles: Taufik Hidayat
    2nd Singles: Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    3rd Singles: Simon Santoso
    (hopefully all of them are fit/no injuries)
    1st doubles: Kido/Setiawan
    2nd doubles: Wijaya+any reserved player or Alvent/Luluk

say vs

China

1st S Lin Dan
    2nd S BCL
    3rd S Chen Jin or Chen Hong or Chen Yu
    1st doubles CY/FHF
    2nd doubles = no name players (out of top 30)

If Indonesia can win at least 1 of the Singles, they have a chance to upset China.

#64 Badmintan, Aug 21, 2007
  5. ILbAd

ILbAd Regular Member

I think Sony must be placed as first single since his ranking is higher than TH which actually put the chance of winning for the team even higher :p

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Tommy Sugiarto? He has to train very much harder! Right now, he is not of championship material IMHO.

I personally think that Sony deserves to be WC runner-up. He was impressive and even the likes of LCW, PG and CY did not frighten him. Yes, many have forgotten that he was the last Olympic Games bronze medallist.

Sony deserved a rubber-game against LD. He gave too much respect to LD in the first game and was unable to match LD's speed, even though LD is known to be a slow starter. He could not find his rhythm yet and was often caught too slow on the return. It was a complete mis-match in the first game and it was sad that Sony, with his wealth of experience, should give so much away.

In the second, Sony at last found his pace to match LD's. But he tried a few times to test LD with high clears to his forehand to LD's delight. LD managed to smash down the line quite effectively and won precious points. In this respect, Sony was too 'stupid' (pardon the word) to continue with this tactic and beguiling himself that LD couldn't repeat his smashes at ease.

It became too late for Sony to change his tactics although he was asserting himself on LD who must have felt a refreshed Sony at the helm making LD work very hard for his points. Even when Sony was leading at 19 points, he could not take advantage to force game point and convert to prolong the match with a rubber.

Sony wasted his chances. A rubber game would have heighten the already electrifying atmosphere in the second game and created a difference in a Finals day that saw no 3-game thrillers. What a shame! :(

#66 Loh, Aug 21, 2007
  7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That..

..essentially sums up what my point was, earlier, as in noting Sony's mind/thinking game/approach vs. LinDan's or Taufik's..IMO, that's the part of Sony's game which needs an extra attention..As if Sony's mind went blankety-blank and didn't know what to do:p...LinDan is too clever for that..And not only in that instance, but in a few others, during the match..:p

#67 ctjcad, Aug 24, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  8. xlasher

xlasher Regular Member

don u guyz forget about sony having injured back. I was shocked hearing sony beat LCW and PG. I mean real shocked but happy cause I'm Indonesian fan.

and I'm not surprised LD can make it smooth in a straight set.... really wondering why sony has a lot injures on is body... otherwise, he'll get closer to LD in the world ranking from the first time he play professionally.

I remembered he beat TH when he was infamously playing.

For TH(though it's not the right thread),

I was shocked and sad saw him lose to AS but I have to admit that TH can't do much. I think, his wife asked a lot at night to him... u know whad I mean???? hhahahaha kiddin'....

I saw him playing really forcing but at that time, AS played better maybe because of his patience. I still believe TH can do better in other tournament... Maybe It'll give him a lesson that you have to played the best in every tournament without seeing what tournament you attend:D