SCG Thailand Open 2012 Comment on Matches (Main Draw)

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by etudiant, Jun 5, 2012.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic:
    Going back to the discussion abt LD not being able to win any Opens or individual events in ASEAN or SE Asian countries, if i recall correctly, he did win the 2007 WC in front of the Boleh crowd beating the same player to whom he lost against in this yr's Thai Open..IMO, WC is still an individual event & has a greater significance than any Opens (be it the SS, SSMF, GP, GPG etc.)..
    It's just too bad he hasn't won any individual event (such as INA Open & S'pore Open)..whether he doesn't consider those events as "valuable" or just not in his best interest or for other reasons, that's open to debate..

#861 ctjcad, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

wow!!...is that really true??:confused::eek:..*looking at the list of people & names who are fans of BC on facebook*

3. sen

sen Regular Member

Well written. Die-hard fans often did not understand sportmanship. But I think the sportsman/sportswomen have a part too. They have fans. Some connect with their fans more while others not so.

The problem with many sports nowadays is that more money at stake(even Olympics that does not offer prize money but in actual fact, much more monetary rewards are at stake)

Then there is also politics. In many countries, politicians use sport as a way to gain popularity and sometimes it is easy to pick on others fault to create emotions.

Lastly it is the press that contribute to certain view. News are often biased

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Given their small number must refer to CHN fans , right? Otherwise what s the sense in writing.....their voice is louder. Bad English, should have written ' in spite of their small number.'

5. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    The players with KLRC shirts are MAS club players, their opponents are MAS national players. Personally, I think all of them train very hard but refused to watch what they eat. :D hence the body 'type'! Of course, this excluded the skinny one..

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    China's Liu Xiaolong name has a similar resonance to Bruce Lee name. :D

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're right again,the World Championship 2007 held in MAS was an individual event where he beat Sony in the final !:)

8. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

The logic of "neutral fans will jeer at whoever too good in a sports" really amazing, such odd point of view will only exist in badminton.Nadal & Djokovic dominated the last 4 grand slam finals, anyone jeered at them at the finals last nite?Having fans like this, badminton will die soon.

9. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    There are a number of 'neutral' football fans who dislike Man. Utd & Liverpool, while at the same time acknowledging their achievements and quality of both teams. When asked which team would win EPL, they'll respond, "Any team but MU and Liv, please."
    So... why? Simply because 'they've been winning too much'.
    Trust me, I've seen such people. ;)

#869 Jagdpanther, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  10. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    folks here, you may wish to read following crucial TIMELINE of over 2.5 CENTURIES to really grasp how this world is being operated and substantial events are being masterminded and what direction we are all being plotted to.
    Johan Galtung is great, he's venerable, nearly 82 years old and he is right and honest in what he said, the current imperium won't last long, indeed it's declining, fast!

Today's debt-based monetary system (fiat money) won't last long after a 70-year experiment, come over here to read more :cool: right now they're all just kicking the can down the road... one by one being exploding into the visibility of the masses...

11. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Oh, great. Not this conspiracy theory stuffs again. :eek:

So, dear kelana, do you have any idea if this, uh, 'supreme controllers' also have their interest/hands in world of sport as well? Badminton, to be precise?

12. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    sport? yes, but only those significant for them! Oly, WC, Euro, Superbowl and so on...they're playing the circus part of the 'bread and circus'

badminton? nope :p

readers shouldn't be shunned by the keyword "conspiracy", it's indeed their very intention to label everything unwanted by them as conspiracy, in fact it may well be programmed into our subconsciousness through various medium under their control !!

#872 kelana, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  13. Jagdpanther

Uni Student
    Haizz.... How do you know if one of the Roth. family leaders has a badminton court behind his house? Or if s/he's watching closely INA PSS today? :p

14. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

I think you mixed up the logic.

If fans like these are called "neutral" fans, people are either hypocritical or not knowing the meaning of "neutral"! Cos they are no longer "neutral"!

Neutral Sports persons / fans will support players to chase for excellency in sports. i.e. support whatever good for the sports instead of individual player/team. If one team/player is doing much better than the others, we should admire them (not necessarily love them though) and encourage those we like/love to surpass them. This is the fundamental of making advancement.

If the so-called "neutral fans" jeers whoever excellent the others, this is discouraging people to do better! Sports spirit would just die out!

#874 Jonc108, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  15. julianng

julianng Regular Member

In case of CHN, it's more like everybody needs to discourage them from taking all the titles in badminton. Atleast in tennis and soccer there are many different nations who are winning different trophies.

I don't want to see a CHN vs CHN final everytime, or even CHN vs somebody else in all finals all the time.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cross-posting, sorry, but I thought it's relevant:

"Apparently, China's phenomenal,unprecedented success and domination is beginning to breed some resentment in her rivals and their fans (more so) going by what's expressed in this forum as if it's China's fault. But before they gripe and grouse, they have to ask themselves whether they want a levelling up or down in standards, in other words,do they want the rest of the world to rise to China's standard or China to come down to their standards?" :)

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    back when i was in college, i was taking a math class, i think it was on vector calculus. on the day that the professor handed back our test, there were some visiting students from another college sitting in the class.

my test result came back pretty well, i think i got a 95/100, a pretty good score given the class. upon seeing my test score, one of the visiting student said to me, "why don't you give other people a chance?"

i was a bit stunned. the concept that i have to degrade myself and underachieve in order to let other people "have a chance" has never been in my dictionary, ever. human being should strive to better themselves all the time and strive to become better and better, that's how we evolve.

back to the context of badminton, i think China is doing well to constantly improving the standard of badminton. badminton today is getting more and more exciting. other countries should strive to improve their skills to match China. fans should recognize that and shouldn't expect China to come down to other people's standard, because that will never happen, at least not intentionally.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    There is a book selling quite well in Hong Kong. It's called "When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order" by Martin Jacques.

Amazon's description is this:

"How China's ascendance as an economic superpower will alter the cultural, political, social, and ethnic balance of global power in the twenty-first century, unseating the West and in the process creating a whole new world

According to even the most conservative estimates, China will overtake the United States as the world's largest economy by 2027 and will ascend to the position of world economic leader by 2050. But the full repercussions of China's ascendancy-for itself and the rest of the globe-have been surprisingly little explained or understood. In this far-reaching and original investigation, Martin Jacques offers provocative answers to some of the most pressing questions about China's growing place on the world stage.

Martin Jacques reveals, by elaborating on three historical truths, how China will seek to shape the world in its own image. The Chinese have a rich and long history as a civilization-state. Under the tributary system, outlying states paid tribute to the Middle Kingdom. Ninety-four percent of the population still believes they are one race-"Han Chinese." The strong sense of superiority rooted in China's history promises to resurface in twenty-first century China and in the process strengthen and further unify the country.

A culturally self-confident Asian giant with a billion-plus population, China will likely resist globalization as we know it. This exceptionalism will have powerful ramifications for the rest of the world and the United States in particular. As China is already emerging as the new center of the East Asian economy, the mantle of economic and, therefore, cultural relevance will in our lifetimes begin to pass from Manhattan and Paris to cities like Beijing and Shanghai. It is the American relationship with and attitude toward China, Jacques argues, that will determine whether the twenty-first century will be relatively peaceful or fraught with tension, instability, and danger.

When China Rules the World is the first book to fully conceive of and explain the upheaval that China's ascendance will cause and the realigned global power structure it will create.
    "

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

What a load of hopeful rants. The west (US, UK, AUS etc.) will be very much superior in many things compared to CHN in 50-100 years or even centuries later. Don't forget the west is not just made out of whites but many minorities in their society (greek, italian, jews, african, and the rest of the world and even etchnic Han amongst themselves).

If CHN chooses to have a rival relationshiop rather than a joint effort(or lowering their standard to the rest of the world's standard as you call it), the west will triumph because it embraces non-whites as their own, as opposed to what CHN is doing.

The best CHN can become is like Japan. Nothing is really going to change or make things better. There will be unemployment, social disparity, internal conflict, low birth rates, higher taxes, etc. etc. etc.... we all know what's going to happen. Nobody is a winner.

20. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Talking about politics or military power, did the US ever intentionally lower their standard to level with the rest of the world in order to give others' a chance? Never! Don't even dream of it!

Back to badminton, I don't care who's dominating badminton now as we all know from history single domination would naturally not last long (like INA in the 70s to 90s, who knows CHN could end INA's domination n become like now? Likewise who would believe in Ferguson's saying 20+ years ago that he could lead ManU to end Liverpool's domination by dethroning them from their mostly (18) crowned top tier league winners?), yet they are not ended by other fans' hoping for their decline, but by fans' hoping and striving their own loved clubs' uprising!

Now go back to our own countries and kick the a?? of our own national bodies to urge them to do a better job to dethrone CHN through our coaches & players' efforts.