[Review] Victor Ryuga II

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Ryuga 2 got durability issue as well so TKFe might be a good choice.

2. Kokai

Kokai Regular Member

Just got my hands on a 4UG5 Ryuga II and had 1 session with it (mix of training and games). My current racket is an OG Astrox 77 3UG5, but I did own a TKFE(s) (solid cone + clear cone) both 4UG5.

My initial impression is that it feels quite light and is quite fast. It feels like a doubles rackets despite being marketed as a singles racket. It's not a overly HH racket and is stiff but not crazy so. Compared to the 77 it's much faster, more stiff, and feels about the same weight in the head. It feels very similar to the TKFE, especially clear clone to clear cone.

It's not a bad racket but I expected something more, it's a bit dull on feedback (as expressed but others) but it looks really good. Definitely going to keep trying it out, but I'm more curious if there's any people who have tried a 3U and 4U one and if they feel much difference since I normally prefer 3U rackets.

I also measured the weight out of curiosity although it's not a perfect apples to apples comparison.

Astrox 77 (strung + electric tape + towel grip) = 104g
    Ryuga II (string + towel grip) = 94g

3. Jun Keat Ng

Jun Keat Ng Regular Member

if u feels 4u so much for u, u may get 3u and feel more solid to play, but ryuga2 not hh like ryuga1, ryuga2 more going to speed and control
    have alot casual player compare wif ryuga1 is alot different and ryuga2 not power as ryuga1 solid feel

4. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

According to the RRI scale Hang is stiffer than both 100x and 90kii. Did Hang feel stiffer?

5. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Unfortunately it has been awhile I've played with those 3 rackets but as I can remember. The stiffness is not that noticeable.

6. xinless

xinless New Member

Hey ZoapSan,

I was hoping to seek some advice between the 90k2, ryuga2 and tkfe.

I’m an all around player that plays 65% backcourt. I was wondering which rackets would you recommend and what are the differences between the 3? and maybe which are the easier ones to play with?

7. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Before I recommend any racket, I wanted to know your current racket and why I wanted to change or what you're looking for in ur future racket.

90K2 is a speed racket with ok smashing power but not a lot, so if you're a player who like to play fast and relying a lot on drives and front court then 90K2 is the best out of the 3 rackets. Most stiff racket out of the 3. 4U only viable for doubles only, 3U is usable in singles.

TK-FE is the best all-rounder out of the 3, good with everything while packing good smashing power. imo I always recommend TK-FE for a safe bet for anyone don't know what racket they wanted to buy. If you have good technique then TK-FE and Ryuga 2 smashing power will not be that different. Would recommend if you mostly play doubles.

Ryuga 2 felt the most head heavy out of the 3 so clears are easier but slowest out of the 3 but not that much. imo Ryuga 2 smashing felt more solid than TK-FE so if you're a power player then Ryuga 2 would suit you better. I do prefer ryuga 2 in singles more than TK-FE. If you like 88D Pro then Ryuga 2 is closer to it than TK-FE.

swunk likes this.
  8. xinless

xinless New Member

I previously used the 77 pro but it felt a little stiff after about one and a half hour of use. Generally not much complains but maybe I could find an “easier” to use racket.

I have used the axforce 80 and found it slightly too whippy for my liking.

I have used the TKFE before , overall not much complains just that defense was a little bit harder for me for some reason , it could be lack of technique or adjustment to the racket.

I roughly enjoy playing with rackets that are eb-slightly hh. I hope to get a good all around racket with a slight favour in backcourt plays. Or at least a racket with decent smash.

9. xinless

xinless New Member

To add on, I plan to try to play all 3 disciplines and preferably hope to stick to one racket. MS,MD,XD

10. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

Go with 90k2. Ryuga2 is stiffer than 77pro. Like 88dpro. TKFE would be a good choice too, but because of the tall and narrow headshape it will take some adjustment time.

11. swunk

swunk Regular Member

maybe it is because of free core handle, but neither ryuga 2, nor tkfe seem too stiff for me, very manageable. I don't have the 77 pro, but when i had an original astrox 77, it definitely felt stiffer than these victor rackets in play.