[Review] Victor Ryuga II

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

You made that haribo thing sound so delicious that I want to buy one now hehe.

makemymind likes this.
  2. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I have tried 100X myself and very happy with it, except the lack of power. If you say that Ryuga 2 has better power, better solid feel, with same repulsion, then I need to try it!
    How do you compare it with 88D Pro?
    Which rackets are you still using now?

#42 Khamenman, Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

88D Pro have a bit more power since I felt that 88D pro have more weight and more head heavy compared to Ryuga 2.
    88D Pro have better solid feel than Ryuga 2 but not by much anyway.

If you're more of a player who preferred head-heavy racket or like racket that gives big smash then 88D pro is better than Ryuga 2 imo.
    Ryuga 2 is more user friendly IMO and probably more all round that 88D Pro.

I'm currently playing with Adidas P8 4U which I just got my hands on and will review it soon.

4. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

First, I am glad to see Zoap San back posting here again :)

Although I like to smash, I don't see myself as overly aggressive player. I would say more like an all-round player who is a bit on the offensive side, and that's why 100ZZ in 4U is my fav racket that Im using now. I don't like a sledge hammer like 99 or even 99 Pro, and I like an even-balance racket with good feedback feeling like 100X (although I wish it had a bit more power).

So if you say Ryuga 2 is even user friendlier than 88D Pro, which I already consider user friendly compared to 100ZZ, and more like an all-round racket but still packs more power than 100X, then Im still positive about it. What worries me is the durability of lately Victor's freecore rackets :confused:

5. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Would recommend you give the 100x in 3U a try, it's actually pretty good. The 4U 100x was too light for me to generate a decent control.

6. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Zoap San
    Did you try auraspeed hang?
    Latest Victor racket.

7. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Oh, my 100X is in 3U. I mean, it's not that bad, but still, it's one of the weakest among my rackets (well, strickly speaking I think my Arcsaber 11 Pro was my weakest one,but you get the idea)

8. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've tried Hang. It's very similar to 100X just very slightly heavier. Well, it broke after 1 week of use after my string snapped so...
    I didn't review it since probably not worth it. If you wanted Hang then I suggest you to for 90K ii since it offers more power while having similar characteristics as Hang.

9. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

and ye...since Victor got huge problem with frame durability. I decided to go and try other brand to review.

10. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

Indeed, it seems Victor is below average compared to the competitors. Too bad...

11. Schultzier

My Ryuga II has come today. Naturally, I ran as fast as I could to my favourite stringer to get it strung before the evenings practice. I mostly play singles and have been using the 4u 99pro in the past. It is not a terrible racket for singles but I found it a little too heavy, hence my desire to change racket. I have recently bought a 4u 77pro but did not like it. It was too light for me. Meanwhile, I was intrigued by Victor's Freecore and wanted to give the brand a try.

After seeing the racket in person, I must say that I really like the design of the Ryuga! There is something about it that is really pleasing to the eye. Design wise, the racket looks like its from outer space. After today's practice, I am not entirely sure if it is correct to call the racket an allround (head heavy) racket that is easy to play with although I do see where the statement is coming from and I must agree with it in part. Compared to my 99pro, it indeed is easier to play with as it is just this little bit faster. I have not personally tried the 88D but would assume that it might feel something like the Ryuga II. I am not too strong of a player, what I noticed was that clean hits, on for example clears felt a little more powerful that was I am used to on the 99pro. I was able to rally longer without getting tired which is a big plus for me as I am muscular.

Just to clarify: The Ryuga II is definitely not a bendy Haribo. It is stiff like hell.

In essence, I am pleased by how the racket plays and how it looks. I must even say that I like it a lot and think that you might too :)

Khamenman likes this.
  12. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

If you're muscular and still find the Ryuga ii "stiff like hell" then it sounds like it'll be too stiff for me. Is it stiffer than the 77 pro?

13. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I like what I am hearing (or more like reading) so far. I hope you won't have any durability issue as it is the only thing holding me back from getting Ryuga 2 myself

14. Schultzier

I found that the Ryuga has more of that momentum feeling comapred to the 77pro. The 77pro felt a little more flexy than the Ryuga II.

pootisfoib likes this.
  15. BlueBanana24

BlueBanana24 New Member

Can anyone compare Ryuga II to Li Ning N9 II in terms of stiffness, ease of play, power and control?

16. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Found the Ryuga II in a shop nearby, so I’m going to try it when I get the chance. But I found this surprising. Just by dry-swinging and flexing the shaft side by side with the 77 pro, the 77 felt a bit stiffer. I know, not scientific testing :) because a lot of other things come into play when you’re actually playing, like frame stiffness, head-weight, strings.

17. Khamenman

Khamenman Regular Member

I have both of these rackets but I haven't played N9ii for a really long time. As far as I can recall, power definitely Ryuga 2, not sure about stiffness, not sure about ease of play since I find both of them easy to play with, control I like Ryuga 2 better. Well, the fact that I am still keeping my Ryuga 2 in my badminton bad while I retire my N9ii should already tell you my preference between the 2 ;)

18. Shiverz

Shiverz Regular Member

hello, i am deciding between tkf and Ryuga 2. Which one would you recommend in terms ease of play? I am not very muscolar player, i do like to play back court but im starting to get elbow/shoulder problems? Also if you know how diffrent is the power smash in terms of power?

19. Jun Keat Ng

Jun Keat Ng Regular Member

if u playing wif backcourt, u should be choose tkf, ryuga2 for double just suitable control and speed only, really not powerful as ryuga1

20. Christ14

Christ14 New Member

Thanks for the good insight on usage

Moving on from astrox99

Thought about switching to TKFe but after reading this Ryuga 2 seems a better fit. Problem is. Its difficult to find it here and pricey