[Review] Victor Auraspeed Hypersonic

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Jun 14, 2022.

1. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

Just go for 100x, HS is the lite version (cheaper)

2. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

sorry to be a party pooper, but there is no racket which would correct flat smash...

3. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

It comes from the head lagging behind due to the mid flex. I have to compensate my swing speed for the head to catch up which doesn't feel natural. If HS or 100X is slightly more stiffer than a mid flex and has the same BS12 speed frame characteristics it should work.

4. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

if you feel head lagging during full swing smash, then I think you have some exquisite senses :) but yes after getting new weapon you would not have any other choice :D

5. Fun Uncle

Fun Uncle Regular Member

Hey there! I think you commented on one of my posts about the 100x, I was pretty set on getting the 100x soon but after more thoughts about the “durability” issues and stiffness level I started looking at HS.

have you gotten any personal experience with the HS and can comment on its durability and stiffness? I’m similar to you where I love my 3u BS12 but just wish it was just slightly stiffer (but not too much) to prevent flat smash and bit more power as well. I believe the HS is slightly stiffer than BS12 but not as much as 100x right

6. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

You are correct about that. I also felt 100x was faster but HS has a slightly stronger smash

Fun Uncle likes this.
  7. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

I play with a 4U 88dp now, I go back to BS12 if opponents are young & intense or my arms are tired.
    100x/90kii/HS/tkfe - I was researching since I wanted a freecore.
    100x - No one has it in the clubs I play. Never seen one. So no idea.
    HS - I saw one with a "NAK" serial code, made in China. Wondering whether to pull the trigger. Holding it felt like a tad head heavy in a good way and frame felt smaller than BS12.

skip to 1:57 for the specs. swing weight (3:19) I believe is more than BS12

Fun Uncle likes this.
  8. Fun Uncle

Fun Uncle Regular Member

Hey NickifiedNG again! Thanks for the advice as always, a few more questions since you seem to have experience with all of these fast rackets :)
    - it looks like BP for HS is 298mm which indicates very slightly HH, and I know 100x is even to more HL, is this your reasoning for better smash or are there any other factors?
    - you mentioned that the 100x was very forgiving to play with due to larger sweet spot, how does ease of play/forgivability compare to the HS?
    - I think you said 4u 100x was too fast and u like 3u 100x more, would you say 4u HS is the right comparison as I heard the 4u HS is on the heavier end of 4u

side question: I think I saw you have the Halbertec 8000 4u too LOL, how would you compare to the 3u 100x and 4u HS?

Thanks again :) I'm buying my next racket soon when i'm in Taiwan and getting so much anxiety on making the wrong choice haha

9. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

100x is overall better racket and have more power at in my case... go for 3u, it has good power, but don't expect it have bomb power like ryuga 2

10. Fun Uncle

Fun Uncle Regular Member

Do you think I would be able to handle the 100x in terms of its stiffness? i would put myself at intermediate level and I would say that my OG Astrox 77 I feel comfortable with but the stiffness of a nf800 that I tried is too much for me. That’s why I was interested in the HS as it was slightly more flexible than the 100x

11. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

That's a tough ask without personally testing the racket, then too other factors like grip size, string, tension all come into play . For me the BS12 & 88dp was a hit. N9II was a miss, I keep trying.
    If you can buy used, that's an option to try different rackets without burning a hole.

12. NickifiedNg

Funny enough. My current main rackets are OG Ax77, 77pro and halbertec 8k.

My favorite string to use on them are Lining No1 and 66um, my rackets being not the heaviest smashers gives them the needed repulsion.

As of now, I dont use those fast rackets anymore, I've switch to the Ax77 for about a year now. Previously, I played mostly at front court as my old partner had a crazy smash, but he ruptured his ACL so i switched partners. Right now im playing more mid/back court and XD so i had to find a different racket.

Back then, I still preferred the 100x over the HS. I think the HS has a weird whippy flex point which is identical to the Ars 98k. It feels like the shaft flex point is closer to the T Joint. Yes the HS is in the heavier side of the 4U and had a better smash, but old me playing mainly front court didnt really utiliize it much, and the ease of play from the 3u 100x just made me gravitate towards it more.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  13. NickifiedNg

If you want a easy to use racket, but worried about the stiffness off the 100x hindering your performance. I totally recommend the Hal8000, the medium flex and slight head heavy is *chefs kiss*. If it weren't for the high price, I would've totally switched to it by now. Definetly give the halbertec a test if you see someone using it. The clears are effortless, the smash is commendable. I'm always checking the secondhand market to get a second one for cheaper

14. Fun Uncle

Fun Uncle Regular Member

Ok perfect I think this gave me the answer I needed, so many great reviews and videos of the Halbertec 8000 out there but all in Thai or Vietnamese which I cant understand haha. Do you use a 3U or a 4U for the halbertec 8000?

Ooo ok I didn't know about the weird flex point, were you advanced level or pro level? Just wondering as I was thinking even though many said said that the 100x was very forgiving that maybe at my level (intermediate) the bigger factor to ease of use was flexibility wise which might make the HS better for me?

Still asking about these auraspeeds in case I can't find the Halbertec 8000 in Taiwan when I go there in a month to buy my new racket :)

15. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

16. NickifiedNg

I'm just a humble badminton player like everyone here! I do compete in the Local tournaments often, however i wouldn't call myself anything close to a pro player

17. Fun Uncle

Fun Uncle Regular Member

Haha fair enough, and is your Halbertec 8000 in a 3u or a 4u?

18. NickifiedNg

Its a 4U and do use it quite often