[Review] Victor Auraspeed Hypersonic

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

I did not manage to try the 88D Pro 4U, only 3U since 1 of my regular badminton buddy uses it. To my surprise 3U 88D pro feels rather similar to my 1st gen 4U 88D in terms of weight 88D pro 3u just felt slightly heavier.

Schultzier likes this.
  2. Schultzier

Schultzier Regular Member

So you guys much prefer the 88DP? Im on the hunt for a new racket and think that the 88D pro will be a worthy contendor.

3. Jtcjw

Jtcjw Regular Member

Hi Zoap San,

I currently use Bravesword 12 (3U) and Nanoflare 700 (4U). I like my BS12 a lot but found it more tiring these days using 3U racket (and perhaps I'm getting older too), so I've been using more Nanoflare 700 (4U).

I'm looking for a new racket that is similar to BS12 but in 4U. Obviously, choice of racket is very personal. For example, my ranking of TK-F, 90S, and BS12 in smashing is different from yours (BS12 3U > 90S 3U > TK-F 4U), but I am curious how you compare Auraspeed Hypersonic (4U) with BS12, do you think it's a quite similar (a light fast racket with medium stiffness yet sufficiently powerful)? Thanks...

4. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Hi there,
    I only play with 4U rackets so I can't really comment on 3U rackets much.If you compare BS12 4U and HS 4U. The only thing BS12 beats HS is the racket speed. HS is a fast racket as well but I found 100X a more similar racket to BS12 than HS weight wise. HS racket weight are around 85-86 gram compared to 100X and BS12 81-82 grams. If you wanted something similar to BS12 then 100X is your best bet since both have similar characteristics but 100X with a lot better tech. HS is atad bit heavier version of that, not as fast as BS12 but fast enough for you to adjust quickly.

So my suggestion is if you wanted a better version of BS12 then go with 100X. If you are afraid that 100X 4U will be too light for you HS is a good choice as well. btw both 100X and HS in 4U version also overall better than BS12 4U imo.

Jtcjw likes this.
  5. ice man

ice man Regular Member

It will depend on what you’re looking for. If you’re playing back court smashes the 88D pro is more potent than the auraspeed HS. But you lose a lot of racquet speed and agility… in the end, it’s up to you, your level of play and who you’re facing.
    I’m playing again with the auraspeed HS and for a racquet of that quickness it’s more than good for smashing

6. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I’ve played A LOT with the BS12 3U, it’s the racquet I’ve played the most since I started badminton.
    If you’re looking for a racquet with the same speed / agility but less « weird » to play then go for the auraspeed HS 4U. It will work wonders.
    Today I’ll receive my auraspeed 100X 4U then I’ll be able to give my impressions soon

yenyesoh, Jtcjw and Zoap San like this.
  7. rcl2949

rcl2949 New Member

marketing
    have you compared new lining bladex 700 with hypersonic?, bladex700 looks good on paper, anyone here already try bladex 700? want to know which one is better for speed and power racket.

8. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Still in love with this racquet.

Amazing manoeuvrability, easy power, good control…
    For sure if you’re looking for an all out attack racquet it’s not the one you would buy, but if you want something allround it’s one of the best.
    Pros: easy to play, easy power, amazing defence / drives, gives you the feeling you’ve got more time to play
    Cons: not a hard hitter, racquet face stability is not that good, lacks a little power for singles

rcl2949 likes this.
  9. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

How does it compare to the 100x?

10. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

Just finished a two-day Local tournament. I was interchanging between my 4U 100x and 4U HS.

TBH, 100X has the same DNA with the Bravesword 12. And the HS 4U should rather be categories as 3.5U instead of 4U because its actually heavier than the usual 4U.

pootisfoib likes this.
  11. ice man

ice man Regular Member

They play the same but are different: HS is easier to play but I find the 100X has the edge if you’re in a good day, because it’s stiffer and the head weight is distributed slightly higher

pootisfoib likes this.
  12. rcl2949

rcl2949 New Member

marketing
    nice review, what string are you using?
    using 4u or 3u?

13. ice man

ice man Regular Member

4U, BG80 at 25lbs, Wilson pro overgrip

14. rob john

rob john Regular Member

have you tried bladex 700? is there any similarities for 700 and HS? currently using HS 4u and planning to buy bladex 700 as alternative. What can you suggest as alternative for HS? Thanks!

15. pootisfoib

Anyone tried 3u Hypersonic? I wonder if it’s heavy because the 4u Hypersonic is already heavier than 4u 100x.

16. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've tried 3U hypersonic. It's heavy that's for sure but still easier to play with being as heavy as around 100 grams with string and over grip.
    You sacrifice front court mobility but you gain control over mid-rear court shots. For smashing power 4U and 3U is similar for me since I'm not that strong to move all that 100 grams of racket lol.

pootisfoib likes this.
  17. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Don’t agree with that, I played a lot with those racquets and I feel auraspeed HS is more manoeuvrable than 100X

18. pootisfoib

Have you tried both 3u and 4u HS? I have 4u HS and 100x, but with different string and grip setups. I can feel the headweight more in the 100x, but it feels stiffer, lighter, and slimmer overall than the HS. HS feels balanced and fast, but overall a bit heavier, a bit less stiff, and slightly softer hitting feel. I would say HS more user-friendly though. HS feels closer to BS12 than 100x.

#38 pootisfoib, Jul 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2023
  19. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I had both HS and 100X in 4U, 100X feels stiffer and more head heavy, HS plays more like a BS12, it’s swift, but it’s kinda hard to finish points when smashing

pootisfoib likes this.
  20. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

Thank you for the detailed review. I'm on the look out for a free-core racket. Currently using BS12 3U for 1 1/2 years.
    BS12 too has the above mentioned nature. Half/stick smashes are good but when "swinging in full" the smashes go flat.
    Is that a concern for HS too ? Were you worried about your swing speed mid way through the swing ?. Did you stick with HS or moved to a different racket , if yes, reason please.