Racket for Men's Doubles

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by KeirTuS, Apr 21, 2013.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

@madbad
    Hey, when are you gonna try out the XP60? :p It's pretty amazing... fast, powerful, pretty stiff, responsive, accurate. Easy power and a tad less stiff than MX80 means less shoulder pain. :D

It has now replaced my XP70 as my go to. Good thing these rackets are such a deal. :)

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Hi KeirTuS

Yah, XPseries is very nice. The frame is a hybrid of MX octagonal cross section at the lower half for power and BS sword like to cross section at the upper half for speed. So essentially you get both power and speed in one racket! :D

Now all you need is to choose the right stiffness and specs. :)

You can find some reviews on the RKEP racket thread.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Btw my xp70 is 87g/295mm and my xp60 is 85g/300mm. Despite the same head wt, the lighter xp60 swings heavier, somehow due to the added stiffness.

#63 visor, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Also rather head light.....I found my XP70s played more like Braveswords than anything else. Can't say what a few extra grams would do to the feeling, but the frame had the same feeling as a typical Bravesword. Not super solid :D
    Compared to my Mx80, a whole other world, more than 2 grams (or even 3) could explain, I think.
    Think of them as Braveswords rather than Meteors.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

^ ^ I keep telling you to get a 88g/295mm but you still haven't yet. ;)

6. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

the bs15 is very unforgiving for mishits, i wouldn't recommend it for a new player

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Heyhey, now you try living as a student again :p There's no budget for a racket I might perhaps grow to like - keeping up with my destroyed shoes is already hard enough :D

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

maybe weds?

9. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

I think I like the PRO9000 it's head heavy but still fairly light weight. And from what I've read, it's highly praised as well

EDIT: It seems the XP70 is a better pro9000. I think I will opt for that instead :)
    Considering I fell in love with the super light bk racket. And since the xp70 is lighter than my current racket, I feel it would be best.

#69 KeirTuS, Apr 22, 2013
  10. visor

visor Regular Member

Dang! Just patch them up with duct tape. :p For each shoe you wear thru, you can practically buy two XP70's! ;)

11. visor

visor Regular Member

That's what I find interesting about the XP series... it's faster than the MX and more powerful than the BS. Perfect for doubles.

And the swishing sound it makes is something else. Much higher pitched than MX and more pronounced than BS. You will hear it right away when you swing it just right with the right pronation at the right time.

12. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

Yep, BS09 is an awesome racket for doubles. You get a lot of power for something so fast for defence/drive. Also not too stiff and not that expensive if you can find one!

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hoping to score an equipment contract for next season - that would take care of my racket problem and reduce my shoe problem. I could maybe even stop ranking and buying foods by calories/grams of protein per Euro :D

Yeah, I'm the perfect example of how to get power out of that racket :)
    Wait....something about that statement isn't quite right...:confused:

#73 j4ckie, Apr 22, 2013
  14. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep, try one at 86g/300mm or so. Now you just have to decide which string? :)

15. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

you don't like it? personally i find with lighter rackets i need to train with something heavier (for me N50II) and then if i play with the BS09 i'll still have a good smash and all the fast stuff at the net. Might just be me.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I like it. It's my go-to - I'm just not a very powerful smasher ;)
    But seeing how my defense and deception are my strong points in singles and my net play/interceptions/defense in doubles, the Bs09 is just the right racket for me. Right now I'd like it just a tad stiffer, but it's still an insanely cool racket for me - especially in 'exhaustion singles' which is what I call the last match of the training, usually played after I had decided to finish and had already done some physically exhausting drill like jumping exercises or shadow footwork. Even in my exhausted state, I can play late clears and backhand clears with ease :)
    The only bad thing is that you really need your whole body to work on a smash or it won't be powerful. With head heavier rackets, there's more leeway in that regard.

#76 j4ckie, Apr 22, 2013
  17. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

ahh neither am I, but i don't think i lose much power in smash but gain a lot in the fast stuff XD Definitely agree with the smash stuff, luckily my arms are weak so a lot of power from smash comes from lower body :)

18. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I find there is never a one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to the perfect racquet.
    I'm still very intrigued to try the BS12 though. Maybe I'll get a used one after I sell my Vt-80.
    The RKEP recommendations are intriguing as well!

19. visor

visor Regular Member

Haha... Wait till you find your perfect racket, then you will have to search for the perfect string. :p

20. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Lol stopped at the TK8000. Like it so much I bought a second one.