Racket for Men's Doubles

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by KeirTuS, Apr 21, 2013.

1. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

IMHO, the BS15's head shape is more like the oval/egg-shaped with a slight stretch towards the t-join makes the center main strings to span a bit longer. This is how it looks like side by side with my MX-JJS.

IMG-20130420-00319.jpg
    IMG-20130420-00321.jpg
    IMG-20130422-00339.jpg

2. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I think most of us would agree that a used BS9 would be the safest and cheapest alternative until you figure out what would work better for you cause at the moment we are all over the spectrum with even balance, head heavy, stiff and mid flex.

3. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    I think before you get any rackets, test the li ning's (or other brand rackets) of your club mates or ask at your shop for test rackets ..

Especially the N50 I, N70, N55 II.
    I think this are the most user friendly double rackets. And these are the double rackets which are used by many Chinese double/mixed pro players (some female players use them as well).

The N90 II requires a very good fitness (whole body) and a very strong wrist to use it at its full potential.

4. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

I read that the stiffness of the tk8000 affected shots going out more. Based solely on that, I think the mx60 would be the best. I want steer away from buying a lining because it's too expensive. I have tried the n36 and I found it quite suitable for me.
    How does the mx60 compare to sw35 and the sw37

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Less head heavy and softer than the SW35 for sure. Not quite sure about the SW37, but I guess it's a bit less head heavy and quite comparable in stiffness. It'll probably feel a bit less solid due to the different head shape.

The stiffness making shots go out? That's only because the user hasn't adapted. You shouldn't worry about that at all - you have such a low string tension that the shaft stiffness has a much smaller influence on shot length than your strings. Once you reach the 28-30lbs area certain rackets might in fact be just a bit too soft for the more explosive (read: less controlled) players. But that's a long way from where you are now ;)

The obvious exception are professional players, in case anyone wants to argue that point. They usually have such an explosive swing that they do in fact need a certain stiffness in their rackets just to reduce the lag of the head on their quick reaction shots (defense, interception).

6. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

The TK8000 is the racquet with the most control that I have yet to use.
    My preference is head heavy so I have no issues with any head heavy racquet I have used. I only have issues with even balanced and stiff shafted racquets.

7. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

I'm choosing between the MX 60 sw 35 and the tk8000. With preferences to head heavy but I think it will all come down to the price. In the off chance that they are the same which one do you guys think would be the best investment. I understand I can't go wrong with any of these but your opinion would be valuable.
    Sorry for being complicated

8. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

You have to like how they feel in your hands first. I liked the Thruster so much that I bought a second one.
    But if I were exclusively a doubles playes, I would probably go BS12 or at least try a BS first!
    Head heavy is not for everyone and it has the potential to slow down your defense!

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'd say choose between the TK and MX. The SW35 is another super stiff racket, and despite it being the cheapest of the three, I think it wouldn't be such a great racket for you. Try to find a balanced and a head heavy racket to test to see what you prefer. An N50II (or something alike, N70 for example) would probably be an approximation of the TK, something like an Arcsaber or N77/N77ii is likely more similar to the Mx. The N36 should also be closer to the Mx than the TK.

10. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

I emailed Eric and asked and he recommended the rkep xseries. The x70 seems like a great choice plus it's about half the cost. Thoughts?

11. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Lol you are all over the place. Try before you buy.

12. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

I don't know anyone that has any of mentioned rackets :(

13. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

You may actually like some of the racquets your club members have. At this point you have no basis of comparison and are only going by reviews and what we are saying. So swing all the different racquets your friends have first and if you're still unhappy, then buy what you want.
    Trust me on this....my search cost almost 1.5k

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

PM visor about this racket. He has one in his hands and loves it. RKEP XP series is essentially Victor MX series clones but not quite to the same stiffness spec

15. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

I asked him just waiting on a reply. I think I just might buy it from Eric after a lot of positives from this forum and the low price

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Visor plays at RichmondPro. If you get a chance you may want to ask him if you can give the racket a swing. Good luck and I hope you find your perfect racket.

17. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Florida is closer to Ontario than BC is!

18. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

i will pick the N55II. It's powerful and fast enough for doubles. The head weight and balance is just right... great racket well understated...

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Haha, oops, I somehow thought he was in BC. DUH! :D

20. KeirTuS

KeirTuS Regular Member

Okay so I got a chance to try two rackets that are on opposite ends of the spectrum. One was a voltric 9. I found it hard on my wrist when I pronate on the smash. The other was a black knight super light feather xl. I felt my smash was better and I feel like I hit the sweet spot more. It might be because it's an oval head that the spot is more concentrated.

My friend said my smash was still faster with my head nano 500 but I just didn't feel that.

Now my arm was already pretty tired when I tried the rackets so I might just be feeling better with the light racket because of that