Professional players and their racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Josh, Oct 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist

To answer this, he have a lifetime personal contracts with Yonex, therefore for individual tournament he will use all of the Yonex gears from racket to shoes, but if he play for Malaysia team in team tournament he will wear Victor's jersey.

Meanwhile for Tan Boon Heong, he have personal contract with Yonex till end of 2018.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Anyone know which Victor rackets and strings GVS and TWK are using since they've switched from Yonex to Victor?

GVS must've broken five strings in the first game against HW/CB... :eek:

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    No clear pictures yet =( chances are they're on VS850 though.

4. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    Daren Liew.jpg

Do anyone know the racket used by Daren Liew during Malaysia Open 2015?

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Honestly it just looks like he's stuck to the ZF II still.

6. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    Yeah it look like ZFII to me too but as long as I understand for those pro players if they are using other competitive brands racket, they cannot put on the Victor logo stencil :confused:.

#2926 Espírito Santo, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Not true. Depends on if they have an exclusive contract like say LCW or LD or TBH. His sponsorship is with the team itself. So even if he hasn't found a racket that he likes from victor yet. He is bound to at least put on their logo on his strings at least. The same thing occurred with Ashwini Ponnapa when she switched from LN to victor. For awhile she continued to use the N90-II woth a victor logo stencilled on. This is really nothing unusual.

8. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    I am not sure about the Indian player you mentioned, maybe Li-Ning is kind enough in her case but for Malaysian players they being using Yonex rackets for several GPG tournaments after 2nd Mar'15 (Victor sponsorship signing date) and all of them did not put Victor stencil logo on their Yonex racket.

As for LCW, LD & TBH, they have personal contracts with Yonex therefore they can use Yonex logo on their racket if they want even if their national team are using other brands.

9. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    We are talking about Yonex here aka "Evil Empire", do you think they are kind and comfortable enough?

10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    And pray tell why would they actually give a damn about a player whose team sponsorship is none of their concern anymore? In fact they will probably be happy that said player is using their product still but simply has to slap a different logo on because of sponsorship. No offence but you clearly have not much of an idea of what's going on in this instance. Unless you are telling me right now that it is common knowledge he actually does have an individual contract with Yonex unlike the case of LD with YY and LN.

11. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    Bro, this is about business, marketing, branding and legal. Logo is something to do with copyright especially for international tournament involving pro players.

No offence please but what you stated is purely based on your own assumption about Yonex is happy if other non Yonex players using their brand logo without their permission, you have no idea what is the legal implication do you?

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If legality was such a huge issue then as I mentioned above Ashwini Ponnapa should by all rights have been sued by an unhappy LN in 2013 if I go by your logic. Taking such a thing to court would be pointless for Yonex as it would not do them any good. Either it doesn't matter if he gets in trouble for it or not as it is hus own responsibility to know what he's doing. Let's leave it at that as we are derailing the thread.

13. Espírito Santo

Terrorist
    As I mentioned above Li-Ning is kind enough but not sure about Yonex, again I have to put up aka "Evil Empire" will be happy with this? For sure you know why badminton community gave Yonex this aka right?

My main point is if you are a pro player it is not worth to take this risk to involve in a legal dispute against Yonex even if you assumed this is a small issue.

Nevertheless let's move on coz this tread intention is to list out what racket do pro players using and I am interested to know what Daren Liew used during Malaysia Open. Cheers and nice day!!!

#2933 Espírito Santo, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They can put whatever logo they like on their strings, as long as they dont have a contract that specifies otherwise. If a player is under contract with one company and uses a second company's racket, he is basically just another customer to them and they have no say in what he/she draws on their strings.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The old Malaysian contract was Yonex exclusive for national team players, probably the Victor contract is not as strict and you will have to wait till THomas or Sudirman Cup matches when really on national team duty to see what logos are still allowed ...

16. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

17. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Did I see it correct that KKJ and KSR both are using the JS10?
    Who else plays the JS10?

Very interesting that LYD almost always stays with one racket for a long time while most other players, esp. of the Korean team, move to the newest available...

18. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    [MENTION=99813]MagicElite[/MENTION] you are known for the best source when it comes to informations about new Victor stuff. When can you provide pics, dude?;)

A new signature racket isn't a smart move IMO. Victor don't sell them like hot cakes compared to YY. I think that even the Ahmad, Bao and Natsir can't get the attention like a JJS or LYD. I don't have the feel that YYS has a huge fanbase like a LYD or JJS. Maybe I'm wrong, but this flood of signatures won't boost their sells. Especially nearly every Victor star with a signature is known for a short promotion period to switch back to his loved goldy. I think we will see pros with BS12 in 2016.
    IMO TZY really deserved a signature racket and I think she will promote and use it till the end of her career.

19. MagicElite

MagicElite Regular Member

11079600_874798835920193_4445806142622119510_n.jpg 11080997_874798849253525_4007985209750899757_n.jpg

Strung at 31/33lbs 2 knots Victor style.

20. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member