Please play seriously in malaysia, lin dan

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by Miqilin7, Dec 29, 2011.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LOL , I don't see the purpose of this thread too.. Lin dan WON'T read this forum fyi..

2. sen

sen Regular Member

Maybe someone who reads this forum, wants to bring banner to the stadium from day 1 that says "Please play seriously"(in chinese of course)

:)

3. sen

sen Regular Member

Sorry double post. something wrong with the internet

#23 sen, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
  4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    See what Chen Jin had done recently in Korea Open..A plan perfectly setup for him and he fck it up to perfection by losing in a round better than Peter Gade.

We won't be seeing Lin Dan playing in that sort of form in Malaysia Open as he has a job to do to clean up Chen Jin's mess. I wonder what sort of excuse he will give to the Malaysian fans..

5. Alone

Alone Regular Member

Because he is a bit intimidated when play against Chong Wei in his Malaysia. :p

6. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Wasn't the very last time LD and LCW met in a match in Malaysia during the Thomas Cup in 2010, Kuala Lumpur?

Wasn't LCW very confident during the time, even stating the fact (as you mentioned) that LD lacks confidence against him due to the previous multiple losses LD has conceded in Malaysia?

Lastly did LD not win in the Thomas Cup Semi Final encounter against LCW convincingly, and almost too easily in the second set :D

But of course, as a fan of both players, I hope to see a good match between them both and each having a fair chance of being able to come up on top such as the match in WC2011 :)

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    During the Thomas cup 2010, Lin Dan has to play for the first point and even LI YONG BO explicitly said that they are both prepared to accept the first defeat since Malaysia had a homeground advantage. What surprised everyone was how badly Lee Chong Wei played against Lin Dan and even Lin Dan himself didn't expect that to turn out an easy game.

Had Lee Chong Wei overcame his psychological barrier and pressure on that day ? Lin Dan won't stand a chance. The defeat was attributed to Lee Chong Wei's mental fragility.

8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

It got nothing to do with location, intimidation, track record etc. Lin Dan was a better player on that day, period.

LCW became nervous and tried too hard in the second and made too many mistakes combined with LD's form, that is a recipe for disaster.

9. Blitzzards

But the important thing now is, we would want to see a fair match between each player and not have to watch either player making unforced errors throughout the match like what was seen in the previous KO2012, won't we?

10. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I agree..
    LD VS LCW match in WC2011, is a really good & entertaining match between the two throughout 2011. Looking forward to watch such high level of Badminton Men Single game at 2012 London OG.

11. Alone

Alone Regular Member

Then tell me, why did Lin Dan making excuses when he played in Malaysian Open in 2011? And how bout if he making another excuses in Malaysian Open 2012? What would you say? And why only Malaysia?

12. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

Interesting thing you say. That's almost saying " if he was better that day, he would have won."
    Well, 10 points to Griffindor, Sherlock Obvious.
    The mental capabilities of an athlete is a part of their skill set that defines them.
    BCL's always been a very competent player, but he lacked the mental fortitude that Lin Dan does.
    Even though CJ doesn't have the many titles that LCW has, LCW himself has never won a world championship.
    The point being, DON'T HATE APPRECIATE.
    All of them put in a tremendous amounts of work into being the world's best, and to hate on any of them is unfair.

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It is also convenient to "blame" any misstakes, lack of form, or tactical failure, on "mental" issues, as it is a fuzzy thing that nobody can prove right or wrong :-D

Maybe LDs lost this weekend was just mental thinking of Korean linejudging in general. Who knows.. And does it matter? He lost, LCW won.. good for the game and a very entertaining match!!

#33 twobeer, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

If I’m Lin Dan I will not play LCW until the London Olympics.
    Why? Just imagine indeed if the next time they meet is in London Olympics.

Lin Dan looking at Lee CW over the net and ask himself;

Have I ever lost to this guy more than once in a year? Nope.
    Have I lost to this guy, or anyone for the matter, twice in a row? Nope.
    Have I ever lost a match in this stadium, Wembley? Nope.
    When the match is tight and the pressure is unbearable, who is likely to be on top? Me.
    Is there any point for me to lose that psychological advantage? None whatsoever.
    So there you are.

15. Blitzzards

So, what if LD DOESN'T make an excuse this time?

It is interesting that the consequence of LD doing that in MAS Open 2011 is giving CL the chance to develop his confidence and experience against LCW.

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Again it's not just about Chen Long !!! He is doing this for Chen Jin !!! Wow I just heard Axelsen is one match away from winning his first prize: Main Draw Ticket to Meet Lin Dan :D :D :D

I think Lin Dan is going to act foolish and get defeated by Axelsen hehehehe...Wonder what tomorrow newspaper will say: WONDER BOY BEAT SUPER DAN

17. Alone

Alone Regular Member

Question that you invented that support Lin Dan. Nice job. Well done.
    You will win a big house and big car. Thank you. You have fun?

18. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Please, stop being so aggressive towards people like AlanY. He has contributed a lot to Badminton Central and to be honest I don't feel as if he particularly hates either player. In fact, he appreciates both of them as great players. In no way what he did was a show of Lin Dan support, just revealing some 'facts'.

19. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I like Lin Dan, and I think (and hope) he'll win OG 2012.
    Now that's an opinion, and AlanY's a fine gentleman who's stating facts.
    Now learn to be civil and take some chill pill, BC's about discussing things like humans and not monkeys.

20. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Let us enjoy while they ae still playing

Regardless what unsupportive act that LD has done in the previous tournament, if he's going to do it again here in MO be it a walk over, not playing serious etc....nothing much we can do about it. Similarly to our Dato', we hope he can play well but again if he can't, still nothing much we can do about it either.

Whatever happens surrounding LD in MO, we must realize that in every SS and PS that BWF organized, the talk is not about the prize (...well...maybe some) or about that short skirt, beautiful Korean cheer girls...but its always start and always end about this two megastar, Super LD and Dato' LCW, especially when prediction of a dream final becomes a reality.

Their status overwhelmed whatever story there are in badminton because of the tale of their battle and while they are still playing, why not we just enjoy it to the fullest.