Philippines Open is cancelled

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by huangkwokhau, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is official...cancel again as last year.
    It is nothing to do with sponsorship...more likely it is about politics....it is sad...

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, it is quite sad indeed..

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    and yes,long time didnt saw any philipines player play except this bac

4. jutawin

jutawin Regular Member

Student
    Bad news for Philippines badminton fans..

5. george@chongwei

yep, i wonder where is kenevic asuncion now?:confused:

6. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    #6 venkatesh, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  7. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    I found this

Sunday, December 14, 2008
    Asuncion siblings launch new magazine
    By Krista Angela M. Montealegre, Reporter

ASUNCION siblings Kennie and Kennevic Asuncion led the launch of the Badminton Extreme Magazine (BX Mag), the country’s newest sports publication, on December 11 at the Holiday Inn Hotel in Ortigas Center, Pasig City.

The brother-and-sister tandem, undoubtedly the best shuttlers in the country, considers the magazine as a fitting way to give back to the sport they both love and as well as help promote upcoming badminton players.
    “We have been in badminton for quite some time and soon we will be retiring. The magazine is our long-term commitment to the sport,” said the 32-year-old Kennie, also the editor-in-chief for BX Mag, which is published by Golden Shuttle Foundation (GSF).
    BX Mag is the brainchild of GSF, with coach Nelson Asuncion, the father of Kennie and Kennevic, as its president. Since the 1990s, the elder Asuncion has organized various programs with the primary aim of producing world-class badminton players.
    GSF produced the Badminton Extreme Show on Studio 23 but the TV show has gone off air last year since Kennie and Kennevic needed to train for the Olympics. After that, GSF and the Asuncions deemed that a magazine would be a fitting follow up to the sports show.
    “This is a new venture for us. Hindi ako sanay noong una but with the kind of team we have for this magazine, nasanay na rin ako,” said the 28-year-old Kennevic, the magazine’s managing editor. “The magazine is the result of our vision and dream.”
    The 24-page maiden issue of BX Mag features the Asuncion siblings and their realizations after failing to qualify for the Beijing Games in August. Other highlights include articles on former world’s No. 1 Peter Gade of Denmark and broadcast journalist Arnold Clavio, a badminton enthusiast.
    “Hindi matatawaran ‘yung experience ng mga tao na bumuo ng magazine na ito,” said Kennie, referring to the publication’s regular contributors like Gem Padilla, Alex Alikpala and renowned sports medicine orthopedic surgeon Dr. Jose Raul Canlas.
    The magazine will also include write-ups of Kennevic and coach Nelson.
    Badminton Extreme Magazine, the fourth badminton publication in the country, is a monthly magazine which is printed in tabloid format. It will be available by January 2009 in different badminton centers but interested readers can write to bxphil.mag@gmail.com to know where to get the magazine, which is free of charge.
    “This is not about profit-making. We just want to help the sport,” said Kennie.
    Prominent personalities who graced the launching were
    Philippine Badminton Association President Amelita “Ming” Ramos and national team members Toby Gadi and Karyn Cecilia Velez.
    Gadi is the currently the country’s No. 1 while Velez won the doubles title with Kennie in the just-concluded Yonex Sunrise Philippines National Badminton Open Championships.

8. george@chongwei

btw, i just realized that kenevic asunsion are currently in Suwon for the ABC!;)

9. donvito

donvito Regular Member

lawyer
    this is sad, badminton is very much alive in the philippines, a lot of kids are now taking up the sport, so I hope this pushes through, someday...

10. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Yes. The new breeds are getting stronger every year. Too bad most of them don't have sponsors for more training. It is said that the open did not push through because of politics, not the lack of sponsorship. What the hell is happening to our country?

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Is it confirm that its cancelled? Some people say its on.. some say not sure.. sigh..

12. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Even Kennivic, according to Fastdrop, is ON but official of BWF said it is cancelled....check BWF's calendar...it had been deleted so I guess it is official...

13. ants

ants Regular Member

The thing is that even the officials/organisers know that its not on the BWF website. They still say its on. Im confused too... ahhaha

14. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Trying to save Face..I guess......:D..even some players are skeptical about this tournaments.....sad for badminton that Politics get involved.....!

15. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    I'm going to get to the bottom of this :confused:. Ggggrh!!! :mad:

16. donvito

donvito Regular Member

lawyer
    You have our full support!

17. lee17

lee17 Regular Member

student
    im shocked!!! im really disappointed bout the news if its true? ive waited for along time since phil open 2007... we thought we were line judge again.. but if its cancelled? REALLY SAD!!!

18. flypower9000

flypower9000 New Member

ITmanager
    last week i was play badminton inABC(asuncion badminton center) kennevic and tobi gadi went to asian cup but didnt get any title. and about the philippines open , i think they must work on inside PBA first becoz everyone inside PBA are useless.

19. ants

ants Regular Member

most of the players from Msia team keep asking me if its on or not... many of them look foward to play in Manila. Its really sad indeed. But i guess its too late now... end of the month in coming. Dont think they will have enough time to hold early May.

20. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    I was so looking forward to this. In the last Phil. Open I watched almost everyday.

I'm gonna find out what I can ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.