Peter Gade in hospital.

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by Johansen, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Johansen

Johansen Regular Member

Peter Gade i current in a hospital in Kuala Lumpur.
    He got sick in the plane to Malaysia.
    Nobody knows if he is ready till wednesday.

Regards
    Johansen
    www.badminton-nyt.dk
    www.fjerbolden.dk

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    PG vomited repeatedly on the way to Malaysia Open 2007

Hi Johansen,

Yes, this is what I have heard, PG vomited repeatedly. Perhaps it's food poisoning.

He is now in a hospital, under observations.

I don't understand Danish, so I could not get information from your links.

We hope that he will get well ASAP.

Cheers... chris@ccc

#2 chris-ccc, Jan 14, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Danish Badminton Star Hospitalized in Malaysia

Denmark’s most famous badminton player vomited repeatedly on his way to a tournament in Malaysia and is now in the hospital for observation.
    By Theis Broegger

The night before Saturday, Danish badminton star Peter Gade fell ill during a flight to Kuala Lumpur, where he is to play in the Super Series tournament next week. The Danish athlete started feeling uncomfortable on the plane, experiencing a strong headache as well as pain in his arms. After having thrown up onboard the flight, he was immediately taken to a hospital in Kuala Lumpur upon the arrival to the airport in the Malaysian capital.

The doctors reportedly think Peter Gade suffered from a very powerful migraine attack. His frequent vomiting has resulted in a large loss of fluids, so the Danish player is now having his bodily fluid levels regulated. He is expected to be released Sunday morning, after which a decision will be made concerning his participation in the tournament.
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Created 2007-01-13[/FONT]

Source: http://www.scandasia.com/viewNews.php?news_id=3002&coun_code=dk

4. yannie

yannie Regular Member

huhuhuhu.. get well soon peter!!! really hope he can play!!!

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Peter Gade's migraine attack on 13-Jan-2007

Hi yannie,

Thank you for the translation.

With a large loss of fluids, it will affect his performance/participation.

It is better not to play...... if PG is not well.

Missing out just one tournament is no big deal.

Cheers... chris@ccc

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sounds like food poisoning.
    Very bad luck.

7. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    :( Unlucky Peter, hope he'll recover quickly ;) :) but will he be quick enough for Malaysia Open ;) :confused:

8. Dummey

Dummey Regular Member

Student
    Hope he gets better soon. It's a conspiricy I tell you!

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Its so unfortunate that he had Food poisoning.

10. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Welps good luck PG!!! Hope he gets better:D

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh my...hope he gets well soon..

:( ..sounds similar to what i had abt 2+ yrs. ago, esp. with the vomitting and loss of body fluid..It's definitely somekind of food poisoning and definitily uncomfortble..:p
    It's too bad he suddenly became ill and vomitted on the flight..Hope Peter will get a speedy recovery and get some rest!!...:cool:
    *Btw, thanks Johansen and yannie for the info/translation & please do keep us updated on his news/recovery-;)

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    At least he have 2 more days to rest. But i doubt that he can play in tip top condition. But knowing his style.. he might have a ala Jordan comeback.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You don't have headache and arm pains from food poisoning. It is also a bit too late to vomit from food poisoning-they come out the other way incessantly, making fluid loss very serious.

14. westwood_13

westwood_13 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the translation, I hope he recovers quickly.

15. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2007/1/15/sports/16572567&sec=sports

From the star newspaper...

Dane in hospital after falling ill on flight to KL
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: Denmark Peter Gade-Christensen's participation in the Malaysian Open hangs in a balance after he landed in the hospital upon arrival in Malaysia on Saturday evening.
    The world number five had complained of severe migraine and vomiting during his journey from Copenhagen to Kuala Lumpur.
    Immediately after arrival, he was taken to the medical room at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and shortly after, he was admitted to the Gleneagles Hospital in Ampang.
    [​IMG] Worried: Danish singles coach Thomas Stuer-Lauridsen standing outside Peter Gade-Christensen’s suite at the Gleneagles Hospital in Ampang yesterday. – By IBRAHIM MOHTAR / THE STAR
    Yesterday, when met at the hospital, the 1998 Malaysian Open champion looked lethargic, pale and was on drips. He waved his hands but said that he did not wish to be disturbed.
    Coach Thomas Stuer-Lauridsen, who was by his side, said that they would decide on Gade-Christensen's participation in the Malaysia Open today.
    The championship is the first leg of the Super Series and it begins tomorrow with the qualifying tournament at the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium in Cheras.
    “Peter is a bit down. He had been in good shape prior to his arrival here. In fact, everyone is shocked at this moment,” said Stuer-Lauridsen, who during his playing career won a bronze medal at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games.
    [​IMG] Peter Gade-Christensen
    “He had a migraine attack while travelling and vomited. Peter said that he had the same attack when he was 18 years old. Several tests have been taken and we are waiting for the results.
    “But the good news is that Peter is recovering. He has lost a lot of fluid and he is taking a lot of water to replenish. We hope to see the redness back on his face. He should be out either tonight or tomorrow morning.
    “We will look at his conditions and decide whether he should or should not play in the Malaysian Open. When he is ready, you can talk badminton with him.”
    Gade-Christensen has been drawn to play against Holland's Eric Pang in the first round. He is in the same quarter with Thailand's Boonsak Ponsana and China's Chen Yu.
    Despite the setback, Stuer-Lauridsen said that Denmark had high hopes in the men's singles, men's doubles and mixed doubles of the Malaysian Open.
    He said that after a 10-week layoff because of a knee injury, Kenneth Jonassen, who is ranked eighth in the world, is back in top form.
    “The team have been focusing on physical training for the last two months. We are also counting on Kenneth in the men's singles. He has recovered 100% from the injury and is extremely strong in the singles,” he said.
    But Jonassen, who last won an Open title in Singapore in 2004, has a tough draw. He is expected to face the winner of the first-round match between world champion Lin Dan of China and Olympic and Asiad gold medallist Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia in the quarter-finals.
    In the men's doubles, their stars are two-time All-England champions Jens Eriksen-Martin Lundgaard Hansen and Lars Paaske-Jonas Rasmussen.
    To add depth in their mixed doubles, they have included two new combinations – Paaske-Mette Scholdager and Rasmussen-Lena Frier Kristiansen.

16. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    1st. Lin Dan vs Taufik in first round.
    2nd. Peter Gade gets sick before tournament starts

Sounds like They are trying to take out LCW's toughest opponents if you ask me. Just kidding.:p

On another note, hope Peter Gade will get well soon, but even as his big fan, I wish he would care more of himself getting healthy first than risking his health in Malaysia open.:D

Although I did play in a doubles tournament when I still had food poisoning and just recovered from a flu and fever(the day before). I tell you that it is hard enough to play doubles when your body is not feeling well(espeically when I had diarrea), not to mention playing singles. However, during game-play, your body is actually focusing on something else, and as long as you don't stop, you don't feel the need to go to the washroom...:p

17. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    it is not food poisoning. it is a migraine attack. i like peter. i hope he gets to play. he has always been a fighter. but please dont say it is a conspiracy. if LCW wins, he'll win it fair and square and if lin dan wins, he'll win it fair and square. if TH wins....you get the picture. i sometimes dont agree with the draw. we should have all the good player separated early on. makes for more interesting matches later on. everybody have bad luck sometimes. LCW doe not win all the time. not even lin dan wins all the time. so, i wish for a speedy recovery for peter, i wish for LCW to fight to hold on to his title, i wish for a smashing match between lin dan and TH. let the games begin....

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ok, i stand corrected. I had never heard of a migraine attack that severe, arm pain and vomiting.

19. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    oh yes, migraine attacks can be nasty. anything that involves the brain area can be excruciating. migraines, at it's worst, could cause coma. if i am not mistaken. correct me if i am wrong. the brain, when in pain, wrecks havoc to the body functions.

20. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Poor PG :(, from what I hear migraines are horrid, so a severe migraine... I wouldn't like to think about it. Hell a normal headache is bad enough for me. I really hope he can get better in time, if it's a migraine he should at least :).