Parupalli Kashyap కశ్యప్

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by geebees90, Jun 25, 2010.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kashyap to skip Indonesian Open

By: Sundari Iyer Date: 2011-06-19 Place: Hyderabad

Hyderabad shuttler Parupalli Kashyap has decided to skip the Indonesian Open Super Series to be held at Jakarta from June 21-26 on emotional grounds.

Kashyap is grieving over the death of his elder sister Sushmala (26), who passed away in Bangalore on Wednesday night.

Full story: http://www.mid-day.com/sports/2011/...o-skip-Indonesian-Open-after-sister-death.htm

Our condolences to Kashyap and his family, for their sad loss.

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kashyap is playing the China Masters this week, and his first-round opponent in a few hours, will be Rajiv Ouseph of England. I feel Kashyap is well placed to win this match-up. Rajiv's tepid performances have seen him slip down the rankings to #33, whereas Kashyap's persistence has him presently at #23.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ...and Kashyap duly obliges, putting an end to Rajiv's participation in this tournament, 19-21 21-16 21-11
    He dominated at the net, and in the end that would have made the difference.

Next up, Kashyap is up against a legend of the game: Peter Gade, who was given a good workout by Chen Yuekun of China, before prevailing 17-21 21-12 21-7

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kashyap used up all 3 games to overcome Viktor Axelsen of Denmark, and managed to advance into the next round at the Japan Open.

He will be up against a rejuvenated and fit Chen Jin of China. Kaphyap will need to be completed recovered and on top of his game to stand a chance tomorrow. It would also depend on CJ's physical condition. I am looking forward to an almighty scrap! :D

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It was certainly a scrap, if not almighty! :D
    Kashyap finally bowed out in 3 games to the more powerful and experienced Chen Jin, with the scoreline reading 21-15 6-21 21-18 in CJ's favour.
    Kashyap is making a mighty effort to get into the seedings for the OG2012. :D:D:D

6. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    No to forget, he's got the worst luck of them all. He always encounters top players in either first or second round itself... Especially, LCW. I think it will be his second time (Korea SS 2012) meeting LCW in first round and also met Lind Dan in HK open in first round, met PG couple of times in 2nd rounds etc... But still that's no excuse. He has to learn to beat these tough opponents. He is too erratic and arrogant in his play rather being tactful... As someone on this thread mentioned it right... just smashes will not win matches for him. He has to develop certain tactics when playing these great players... I saw his match against Lin Dan and it was really awesome to watch. He took a game off from Lin Dan who recently won the WC and was in great touch. That goes to show KP's capability. He just needs play clever.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    India Open: Kashyap keeps Olympic dream alive

PTI, New Delhi, April 26, 2012
    http://www.thehindu.com/sport/article3357105.ece

Locked in a battle for qualification to the London Olympics, compatriots P Kashyap and Ajay Jayaram witnessed contrasting results with the former scripting a resounding win and the latter suffering a close defeat in the India Open Super Series Badminton here on Thursday.

Lagging in the reckoning for London Games by over 1000 points, Kashyap dug deep into his reserves and produced a scintillating performance to notch up a come—from—behind 15—21 21—14 22—20 over Thailand’s Boonsak Ponsana.
    He will now have to win his quarterfinal battle with Chen Jin to qualify for the Olympics.

While Kashyap fought on court no. 2, his friend Jayaram was locked in a battle with world number one Lee Chong Wei of Malaysian on the adjacent court, and even though the Indian tried hard, he couldn’t avoid a 21—16 15—21 21—5 defeat to crash out of the tournament.

World number 30 Kashyap lagged behind 2—7 in the first game and even though the Indian battled hard and narrowed the gap to 14—15, the Thai player raced away with the game.

However, Kashyap didn’t lose heart and kept pushing hard at his opponent, whom he had beaten twice in the past. His perseverance reaped dividends as he caught up with the Thai at 5—5 and then broke off at 9—9 to roar back into the match.

Locked at 1—1, the decider turned into a tooth and nail battle as both the shuttlers went neck and neck from 7—7 to 18—18, before Boonsak registered two quick points to earn the match point at 20—18.

But a lapse of concentration from Boonsak helped Kashyap to save two match points and also earn a match point at 21—20 and once the Thai hit the shuttle out, the crowd burst into a vociferous celebration.

“My confidence was down after first game loss. I wanted to put pressure on him but he was breaking my rhythm by playing too many variations through out the match. Because of his change in tactics, I too had to change my game. But I held my nerves in the end,” Kashyap said.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Indian Open: Kashyap seals London Olympics spot

Friday, 27 April 2012 23:18
    http://www.indiansportsnews.com/top...yap-gets-walkover-qualifies-for-olympics.html

Excerpt:

New Delhi: Call it fate or sheer destiny but Commonwealth Games bronze medallist P Kashyap would go to Olympics after a year-long race with compatriot Ajay Jayaram after he received a walk-over in the quarterfinals of the Yonex-Sunrise India Open 2012-OSIM BWF World Superseries tournament here on Friday.

The world number 30 had to win his quarterfinal against former world champion Chen Jin to leap-frog Ajay in the race for a berth in the flight to London and given the enormous task at hand it looked a difficult prospect.

However, the Indian shuttler was in for a surprise when he was informed by the officials that he has received a walkover after Chen conceded the quarterfinal tie citing a wrist injury.

“It’s a fantastic feeling (to qualify for the Olympics). Not that I was sure to win against Chen Jin but I had played against him before. Given the past results and the home support I was confident of doing well against him. But this has come as a surprise and my entire focus now will be to do well tomorrow,” said Kashyap who will now face Korea’s Wan Ho Shon, who upset second seed Peter Gade of Denmark 24-22, 21-18 in the other last eight encounter.

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    with all due respect, China sees Ajay Jayaram as a bigger threat than Kashyap..Sorry :)

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Indian campaign ends as Kashyap loses in semifinal
    PTI | Apr 28, 2012

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...p-loses-in-semifinal/articleshow/12912935.cms

NEW DELHI: India's P Kashyap's gritty performance before losing to world No. 17 Shon Wan Ho of Korea in a three-game thriller to draw curtains on Indian campaign at the Yonex Sunrise India Open Super Series on Saturday.

Thirteen ranking points separated the two but Olympic bound Kashyap showed a lot of gumption during his 71-minute battle against the Korean before losing by 14-21, 21-19, 16-21 margin at the Siri fort stadium.

Kashyap played long rallies and made some brilliant returns but he left enough opening for his rival to capitalise as the Korean lead 11-7 at the break. The Korean exploited the Indian's weakness and extended the lead to 18-11 before sealing it with a roaring smash from the mid-court.

In the second game, Wan once again opened up a narrow 4-1 lead. Kashyap tried to break Wan Ho's rhythm and caught up with the Korean at 10-10, much to the delight of the vociferous crowd and then surged ahead 18-16 with a couple of cross-court smashes.

The Korean clawed back at 18-18 but he faltered at the fag end as Kashyap closed the game at 21-19.

In the decider, Wan Ho committed some unforced errors early on to allow Kashyap to lead 5-2 but he drew parity at 7-7 and with Kashyap faltering at the net, the Korean lead 11-10 at the break.

After the change of ends, Wan Ho extended the lead to 15-11 before moving on to 18-12, courtesy unforced errors on Kashyap's part.

Kashyap did play a few splendid shots as well but in the end it was the Korean who had the last laugh.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Delhi low after London high

Jonathan Selvaraj : New Delhi, Sun Apr 29 2012
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/delhi-low-after-london-high/942942/

Excerpts:

A few days back when both Ajay Jayaram and Parupalli Kashyap were locked in a contest to decide who would be India’s sole participant in the men’s singles event of the Olympics, the latter had made a point about the former who was to play a second round match at the India Open Super Series with Lee Chong Wei. Kashyap had said that if Jayaram beat the World No.1Wei, then he deserved to go to the Olympics.

It had been a pertinent point raised, for both of India’s Olympic hopeful despite coming close on several occasions the last couple of years had failed to secure wins over higher ranked players.

True to form Jayaram took a game against Wei but lost the match. And while it was Kashyap who sealed the Olympic spot after a lucky walk over conceded by China’s Chen Jin, he too faltered against a higher ranked opponent though he was leading 10-8 in the decider.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A reflective Kashyap shares his thoughts after his loss to Shon Wan Ho.

[video=youtube;gVWyQGkQYGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=gVWyQGkQYGE[/video]

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    A very nice article by Dev Sukumar

This is an article worth reading in it's entirety.

The dive that changed his destiny

Dev Sukumar
    May 1, 2012

http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/05/01/the-dive-that-changed-his-destiny/

Excerpts:

A ticket to London. A lifetime’s memories. Being part of the greatest spectacle on earth. The Olympic village. Playing before millions.

How could so much hinge on just one point?

...Both Ajay and Kashyap, having lost the first game, won the second to take their matches to the decider. Ajay, facing world No.1 Lee Chong Wei, was perhaps unlucky to have his fate decided by the world’s best player, for Chong Wei demolished him in the third, and even as they left the arena, Kashyap was locked in a desperate battle against Ponsana.

But Ponsana – a contemporary of Kashyap’s coach Gopichand – deceptive and wristy, edged ahead 19-17, just a hair’s breath away from three match points.

...Many in the press asked him about how ‘lucky’ he’d been, but Kashyap hasn’t had it easy. Over the last year, he has battled injury and had to recover from the trauma of a personal tragedy to keep his Olympic hopes alive. Ajay didn’t lose his Olympic place — Kashyap won it.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Focus is on improving strength: Kashyap
    V. V. Subrahmanyam
    HYDERABAD, May 5, 2012

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/article3384258.ece

Excerpts:

Parupalli Kashyap's first brush with the Olympic Games was when he saw one of his childhood heroes, Pullela Gopi Chand (now India's chief national coach) battle it out against Hendrawan in the 2000 Sydney Games.

Now, 12 years later, the 25-year-old is India's lone challenger in the men's singles badminton event at the London Games.

“I am excited at the prospect of playing in the Olympics which, I often hear many people say, is the greatest experience for any athlete,” said Kashyap.

...Kashyap, who Gopi says is a bundle of talent and who has to keep things simple and be more consistent, is not thinking too much about his medal chances in the Olympics right now.

“My focus is on improving strength. This was a major lesson from the India Open. I will have to work really hard on this.

“My smashes and dribbles worked well in the India Open. I am keen to improve further in this key department,” added Kashyap.

...About his asthma Kashyap said, “The restrictions are not that big in terms of food intake. I only have to avoid really cold things.

“Sometimes it is not possible to stick to the restrictions. But perhaps because of my passion for the sport, once I enter the court, I feel at ease. And I must thank my parents for their great support over the years,” he added.

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    At the INdonesian Open PSS today, is there any better way to warm up for the OG than this?

[TABLE="class: ruler"]
    [TR="bgcolor: #ebfaff"]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD]MS [/TD]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE="align: right"]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"]Kashyap PARUPALLI[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][IND] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD][​IMG][CHN] [/TD]
    [TD]Long CHEN [1][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]21-17 21-14[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kashyap has struck a golden vein of form recently, and continued his super run by ending HK Vittinghus' participation at the IO SSP in the QF, 21-15, 21-14. Kashyap's h-h with HKV is now 3-1 in his favour!

Tomorrow at the semi-finals however, is a whole different scenario. He will be up against crowd favourite, and possible front-runner for the title, Simon Santoso. Simon owns a 3-0 h-h over Kashyap. But Kashyap is nothing if not a fighter! May the best man win!

17. depleter

depleter Regular Member

student
    this is the best ever performance by him in a superseries premier.....he looks in great form ....

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Kashyap scripts historic win over Chen Long

Dev Sukumar, June 14, 2012
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/06/14/kashyap-scripts-historic-win-over-chen-long/

Excerpts:

Jakarta: P Kashyap authored one of the finest victories in Indian badminton history with a shock result over world No.3 Chen Long to enter the quarterfinals of the Indonesia Open Superseries Premier. The 21- 17 21-14 victory was brilliantly executed, with the Indian out-thinking the Chinese at every step, and brought back memories of his coach Gopichand’s defeat of Chen Hong in the final of the All England in 2001.

...Kashyap’s 13-11 win-loss record this year appeared almost puny compared to Chen’s 23-6, and it was a classic David vs Goliath battle. Kashyap summoned up the meager resources at his disposal and made it work; Goliath duly came tumbling down.

The classic instruction for any Indian playing a Chinese is to make their superior abilities of speed and power work against them: Padukone did it with success, and so did Gopichand. Basically, the tactic would be to avoid playing at high pace; to use flicks and drops and avoid hitting hard; to take the net, and to keep the opponent in a constant state of indecision.

Kashyap carried out this strategy impeccably. Chen Long is one of the fastest movers and hardest hitters in the world, but Kashyap played soft and denied him the opportunity to hit the full-blooded shot. To his credit, he did surprise Chen Long with the odd, precise smash, and the Chinese was so perplexed errors began to rain from his racket.

...Chen finally smashed wide on match point, and Kashyap had his career’s greatest moment – and oddly, there were no wild celebrations. Just a look heavenwards.

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Indonesia Open: Kashyap smashes his way into semis

Dev Sukumar, June 15, 2012
    http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/06/15/indonesia-open-kashyap-smashes-his-way-into-semis/

Excerpts:

...A day after upsetting world No.3 Chen Long of China, Kashyap appeared in no mood to take his foot off the pedal. He totally dominated Vittinghus, bringing his attacking game to bear. The Indian kept a handy lead throughout, frequently using his sharp smash to unsettle the Dane — with 17 smash winners to just six from Vittinghus.

Vittinghus got back into the game in the second set. He kept close until 9-all, and then Kashyap stepped up a gear and steadily increased the lead to take the set and match. He next takes on seventh seed Simon Santoso for a place in the final.

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    pk-0001.jpg
    Kashyap readies for his semi-finals showdown with Simon at the OK Corral.
    "Huh? Where are my ear-plugs??"