P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. upriser

upriser Regular Member

whattttttt? Are you sure about this??? $5M is huge.

2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

3. upriser

upriser Regular Member

I think there are some false news in that list. Couldn't find the news about that businessman anywhere and even if its true,it must have been 5 Million,not $5M. Also I don't think the overall net worth figure which is being reported as $22M is right, there is some huge exaggeration in that.It probably will be some 1/6th of it. One of my friends said that it was being reported in Eenadu(most popular Telugu newspaper) that the prize money she received is worth around 15C( excluding lands,its around $2.3M). So,what's reported in that gulfnews article is surely bullshit

4. Baddyforall

Sindhu in an interview said " There are no Chinese in the finals. The defending champion ( Li xuerui) was injured. There are ups and downs in sports . That's life. And my match against world no.2 was tough. She did not leave any chances(She fought till the the end) , a very experienced player, one of my best matches of my career. "

#524 Baddyforall, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    More than just that, she needs to add weapons and develop as a player... At 21, she isnt getting any younger

6. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Is the story on social media about some businessman offering her 5m USD true??

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    She was a celeb since 2012 China Masters.

8. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Telangana Dy CM wants better coach... Lol

9. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Tell that to Mary Kom..... No one outside the sporting niche knew her before London..
    Even today how many of us here know Abhishek Verma or Jhanu Hansdah or Jayanta Talukdar or Lily Paonam or Rajat Chauhan??? And I am just at A..... will be a long post if I carry upto Z.

10. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    That was true 6 yrs ago too when she was beating Caro

11. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Yes it happens everytime... they promise shitloads to gt their names out and thats end of story

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Add Salman Khan 1lac1thousand

13. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    But they do.... Saina had to plead in 2014 to recieve her 2012 money

Cheung likes this.
  14. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Ramanna won bronze at Seoul and is a Arjuna Awardee

15. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Well earned. And too late for her and Jitu. Too early for Sakshi.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Chinese WS had better Rio than Jakarta. @Cheung @kwun will LYB be fired??? Or has he been already... sorry if it sounds stupid, have been busy with various Indian events.

17. upriser

upriser Regular Member

nah,that's false. There are many false news regarding the amount of money she will be getting

18. Baddyforall

Sindhu and Gopichand's interview

19. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...old-in-Tokyo-Sindhu/articleshow/53938912.cms?
    Worth a read.
    Excerpts:
    Can you take us through the morning of your final when you woke up and how did you prepare?
    My match was in the afternoon. Normally we have a little bit of warm-up session and then breakfast. Then I was left with one hour. My match was the second match, so I had to leave at 1pm and go to the training centre and do some stretching exercises and start my warm-up.

Your coach (Gopichand) has some superstitions. Does he insist that you should also follow them? Was that why you repeated the same yellow dress in the semi-final and final?
    No. Gopi sir never insists on such things. The rule is that the two players cannot wear the same colour. I wanted to wear red but then she (Carolina) wore that.

Did the disappointment of Saina's loss spur you on?
    It's an individual sport. I didn't meet her actually because the timings were really different. We were watching her live. Her loss was shocking.

Now can we call you the No. 1 player in India and not Saina (Nehwal)?
    (Smiling). Well that's up to you to decide. For me, it's only the start. I will definitely work harder and get many more laurels. Comparison will always be there between us. When it's off court, we are normal friends. On court, when we are competitors, we just play to win. It's not that you play with some grudge. You just play thinking 'I should win'. Even she would play thinking the same way.

Carolina spoke about the mind games. She said she played some mind games. How fair was it?
    Carolina is a very aggressive player. She is left-handed. The gamesmanship is always there. So I was prepared for that. I didn't get irritated or annoyed thinking that she's changing shuttles too often.

Until the last Olympics, they (China) won 5 on 5 (gold medals) in badminton, but this time they have two gold.
    I feel things have changed. Others have also started playing really well. Spain's Carolina and Thailand's Ratchanok (Intanon) and Tai Tzu-ying, they have also been performing very well. I feel other countries are also coming up in the top ten. The Japanese also are really doing well.

Is it more difficult to play aggressively against people you are friendly with?
    No, I don't think so. I have very good friends on the circuit, especially the Chinese, like Wang Yihan. So I think when it comes to the game, it's just that you want to win. It doesn't matter even if she is your friend. When it comes to the game, it's only you.

20. Baddyforall

I have heard that Sindhu is going to sign mega deal of 50 crore for 3 years with sport management company, in which she will sign 16 brands, out of which she has signed 9 as of now.
    50 crores means $ 7519245.15.
    It is a very big amount for a non cricket players. She crossed million miles ahead of Saina in terms of money.