P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

I was out of station and when i came back, it is a pleasant surprise for me. Wow. Third time in a row. I just now watched her matches against Chen yueken , Akane and Mitani. She should have won all the matches in 2 games. she lost focus in the middle and let the second games slipped away. And also i need to mention about umpires. They were very biased. I remember one incident where a line judge sitting at far end of Umpire simply 'closed' his eyes implying that he did not see it. But umpire simply given a point to opponent saying that he watched it (very far from his chair. Lol). That match was when she played against Chenyufei. Anyhow, she simply dominated in the 3rd game.

Her understanding of the game is perfect now. But she had many misjudgements at the back line . She need to focus that.

2. knuckleheadache

knuckleheadache Regular Member

Student
    https://sportscafe.in/articles/badminton/2015/dec/17/p-v-sindhu-a-heralding-champion

With an already impressive repertoire of titles for a 20-year old, she seems set to conquer the world of badminton. The Hyderabad girl is still a work in progress, and a lot more of her is yet to be witnessed. And once she irons out the small glitches in her impressive game, she seems set to carry the baton which Saina shall inevitably leave behind in a few years.

The article reads like this. Don't you think it's too early to judge PV Sindhu and name her the next Saina Nehwal? Premature I believe.

3. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I think Sindhu is a huge talent.
    Time will tell how much she will achieve, but there is no doubt that she is already one of the top players in the world. So I don't see the problem with building her up as the next Saina.

But Saina has learned to evolve and handle the pressure by being so long at the top.
    Sindhu will have to learn to to do that as well.

4. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Congrats to Sindhu for winning the first title of 2016.
    I hope she will start winning superseries soon too.

5. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Congrats Sin

6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

7. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
  8. Vishnu

Vishnu Regular Member

Auditor
    PV Sindhu & Srikanth has now moved to Yonex and this is the first time both the players are coming under Yonex brand. Earlier both the players were under Li Ning. Came to know that Yonex did not have the show size for Sindhu and she had to borrow shoes from her friends. Also she is yet to get adjusted to Yonex rackets as she has been playing all along with Li Ning Rackets. It would be interesting to see which rackets Sindhu uses among the variety of Yonex rackets which are available. Saina uses Nanoray 900 also it would be interesting to see which racket Srikanth uses. Yonex might push Srikanth to use their latest racket i.e. Duora 10.

9. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    sindhu needs to come all guns blazing now in the india open super series, not sure about saina's chances. .gopi really needs to work on the mental aspects of her game and she also needs a bit more variety, its high time now.

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    PV has really tough draws in all these crucial tourneys b4 RIO, and this condition will get even worse, she need to improve her WR as soon as possible! CM in R1, can be the worst nightmare for anyone and that too at your home soil!
    She'll play much improved HBJ, a tricky Jr opponent in Mal PSS, even if she manages to win she'll have to face SJH yet again this year! SJH may not def her if she is focused but can surely drain her! If everything goes well she'll have to cross swords with her nemesis RI who has improved even more(judging by her match against AY at AE)

11. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Managed to chat a little with PV today at India open. .she is very humble and down to earth person, this quality of hers will take her far.

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yeah, her interviews and pics with players even from other nations are evidences of her good nature!
    As far as her game is concerned, she isn't in form at all! Currently she is in the same form as Suresh Rains is in Cricket :(
    Busanan never troubled her but today, in the g2 BO just took the match away, that almost gave me minor heart attacks! Tomorrow she plays BYJ, who is surely the weekest WS player in the QF, bit she has got dogged spirits and she can run all day! PVS should be cautious and coaches shouldn't let her get panic/impatient! This is a golden opportunity for her to reach SF and even Final

13. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu Enjoying Singapore! :) Late post

Team India relaxing before a nightmare flight to China!

Oldhand likes this.
  14. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

PV Sindhu in formal wear at a badminton court in China today! :)

Oldhand likes this.
  15. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    She really needs to stop smashing every high shuttle.
    When returned, it's getting her into all sorts of knotty positions.

What would be nice to see (for a change) is a mix of soft shots and power.
    She simply cannot slow herself down - she seems to be in a tearing hurry all the time.

With her height and strength, PV Sindhu has enormous potential.
    Hopefully she will play a cleverer game as she builds her career.

kwun, alien9113 and badmuse like this.
  16. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Even if it is a silver, you have gave us a lot of joy, Sindhu.
    Don't take the loss too hard. With experience, you will beat her.

kwun likes this.
  17. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    we are proud of you pv. .well done, keep building upon this performance.

kwun likes this.
  18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
  19. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

@Cheung Thank you!
    Proud of PV Sindhu for winning Silver medal and disappointed she missed gold!
    I felt she was not assertive and her body language was not positive even after winning game 1. She needed to close the match in game 2 but had a bad start and was trailing throughout the match.

What strategy should PV Sindhu have used against Marin? There is no doubt that Marin was the better player with many weapons. Weaker players have won matches with good plans and execution.

Cheung and kwun like this.
  20. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    What one says a player should do, and what the player can do in the heat of an Olympic final are two totally different things.

To me, it looked like Sindhu was mentally tired in the second game. With mental tiredness there is some physical tiredness. Quite a few players showed this during the tournament.

Carolina is an exceptional player, physically and mentally. Even my non badminton playing friends were saying the pace of the game was incredibly fast. Carolina can keep going and stay there. It's not a coincidence that all gold medal winners so far have previously won a few superseries and big titles.

Sindhu played really well, especially that last point to win the 1st game. Yeah, disappointed to lose to Carolina but she would rather lose playing well rather than being meek cannon fodder.

Fan123 and badmuse like this.