Olympic Games 2008: Day 9 (17 August)

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by ctjcad, Aug 6, 2008.

1. laonong

laonong Regular Member

2004, each gold mealist got 1 million RMB at least. This year I think they should get similar money. For lin dan , I think his income may come from commersial ad than goverment bonous.

2. nanofans

nanofans Regular Member

glad to see LD won back everybody's respect with his performance tonight.
    happy as a Chinese that superdan won his medal in this "China day" of 8 OG golds.
    a little dispointed for a expected 50-50 hot battle ends one-sided.
    congratulations to LCW also

#1162 nanofans, Aug 17, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  3. laonong

laonong Regular Member

2004, each gold mealist got 1 million RMB at least. This year I think they should get similar money. For lin dan , I think his income may come from commersial ad than goverment bonous.

4. ycchen

ycchen Regular Member

credit to Lin Dan for studying and analyzing LCW's playing style in detail... his anticipation was so well today... he could easily know where LCW would put the shuttlecock and prepared to kill it.... i believe Lin Dan has been focusing so long to find LCW's weaknesses from previous matches' video.... :)

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Congrats to Lin Dan who play incredible tonight. 21-12 21-8, its like playing with player rank 50 below and not against rank 2 who beat him in Thomas Cup.

This was definitely the best LD ever ever played. Even without any CHinese supporters tonight, with his form he display tonight, he still will win the gold medal.

LCW already try his best. All of his unforced errors due to high pressure from LD. Like the net thing. If he try to even lift the shuttle cock a bit higher in the net, it will get smashed by LD. Thats why LCW had so many net errors.

Congrats to LD for GOld and LCW for Silver. I do not think LCW should feel sad, cause he also did very good by reaching the final and play very good till the final.

Now LD was the most sucessful MS player ever, with all his singles results and of course adding 3 Thomas CUP win, and 2 or 3 Sudirman CUp win.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Well, the debate has ended (hopefully)...

...and the curse of the BC's version of the OG's winner predictions continue;
    although the curse of the MS #1 of not being able to win the Gold medal is finally broken.
    Tonight's victims: INA pair of Widianto & Natsir and MAS' Lee Chong Wei.

In that MS Final, wow, LinDan definitely was on his toes and was ready to pounce on LCW's shots throughout the whole game. The pressure seemed to be void as he definitely kept the shuttle as far as possible from LCW's reach (esp. to LCW's back forehand corner) and never allowed much chance for LCW to unleash his smashes nor cross court drop shots. LinDan was definitely serious tonight as he dictated the tempo and never let LCW get into his rhythm. LCW, on the other hand, seemed to be reacting much more slowly and as the match progressed, LCW seemed to be gassed.

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Yes. I predicted LD to win to... if only there's a real betting in spool. damn... am rich.. hehe;)

8. zheng-bo-rox

zheng-bo-rox Regular Member

Badminton watcher :P And food eater :P
    I know what you mean- before it all kicked off i predicted LD, ZN, kido and cendra, etc all right. :p The only one i got wrong was GL/ZB- but after they got put out i tipped lee and lee. :p damn we could be so rich lol

9. flymordecai

flymordecai Regular Member

Lin Dan winning the last match of badminton is the perfect way to end the week of Olympics badminton in Beijing. Much deserve for the number one player of the past 4 plus years and undoubtedly the best player of his generation, one of the greatest of all time now with this gold medal. After the disappointment of 2004 Athens, this win at 2008 Beijing is even sweeter. And he won it in such a dominant fashion, easily beating the second best player of the past 2-3 years.

10. extremenanopowe

Agreed, Luckily he didn't win it in Athens. Else the record would be worse.

Anyway, well done this time.;) yeah. i bet ZN win too. She's classy.

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I just come back after playing. After seeing the match, just wanted to play!

If you read my previous posts, you will see what I think. No person could have beaten LD today. LSW didn't make as many unforced errors as people think. LD hit many many winners, all LCW points were winners, except 5 unforced errors, for that he played well.

LCW had prepared for this match for long time. He knows how LD plays, his traits and his weaknesses. But LD also prepare hard for this game. TXH comes to support him, show him how he should play. What beat LCW was that he was preparing for a different LD. The world has not seen the LD we saw today.

As for LD. He was unreal. No emotion throughout the game. He wanted to fist pump and shout, but he held himself back. We must salute the legend TXH for making this performance. Li Yong Bo, Li Mao, Ji Xinpeng, Zhong Bo could not get this performance from LD, but he did. It was a display of perfect badminton, simple as that. His net play was precise, his attack controlled and accurate, his defence not flambouyant, but effective and disheartening from his opponent. When he had chances, he did not rush and snatch it, he took control and waited until he was set. It was the kind of performance that every athlete plans and attempt to produce their whole life.

I only hope for badminton that a player can come and push LD to this height again and see how good he can be.

Finally on my own behalf I want to thank all you guys who have been watching these matches on line over the past 8 days. I have felt you guys have been watching alongside me. Thanks.

12. extremenanopowe

U are digging up some worms man. U mean LYB is no good and w/o TXH here. He cant win it?;) Some people will slaughter you.

13. yourbestfriend

yourbestfriend Regular Member

great day for LD. he will definitely go into the history books as the most dominate player EVER!! can he sustain this until 2012......?

14. nanofans

nanofans Regular Member

to answer your questions guys, what's LD wearing on his T shirt....
    a badge of Mao Tse Tung who's the founder of PRC...hehe

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

No I didn't say LYB no good. He is not individual coach, he is team manager role. Li Mao, Ji Xinpeng, Zhong Bo nd others are individual coach. Seems they have not made lin perform like this.

When CHN need a boost they call him. Whether it is MD, MS, XD or other. He can raise every players performance a level. They will sure miss his skills when he is gone.

Li Yong Bo should be praised for having skills to convince TXH to keep going and come back. If he was as arrogant, rude etc.. as people say he wouldn't come. TXH is true China Hero and legend of badminton.

LD respect TXH it seems. TXH control LD.

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    These used to be very common. I went to restaurant that was Mao themed and served his favourite dishes. All the Waitresses and waiters wore uniforms as per Mao era.

Nowadays people just wear for fun and respect for the Party.

17. crazlunatic

crazlunatic Regular Member

what do you mean without any chinese supports, he was playing in china

18. littlebro

littlebro Regular Member

Chairman Mao's power

That is a Chairman Mao's pin. He got it when visiting Mao's home. LD said in 2004 he went with teammates but did not pay respect. This time, he did.

19. FuWang

FuWang Regular Member

Lin Dan break the story that said fav never be the winner....... Now, LD did it..... Good job for LD..... Esp. all of today results was happend like what I want.... So happy.... Hehehe... ^_*

20. Fan888

Fan888 Regular Member

Really? Do they get that much for a silver medal? And also, is the payment coming from IOC?