Olympic Games 2008: Day 9 (17 August)

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by ctjcad, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..(jumping ahead another day)..ah well, too bad, the fun has to end here!!:(..Here is the schedule for Day 9..

18:30 Mixed Doubles Bronze Medal
    MARISSA Vita / LIMPELE Flandy vs HE Hanbin / YU Yang

19:30 Mixed Doubles Gold Medal
    WIDIANTO Nova / NATSIR Lilyana vs LEE Hyojung / LEE Yongdae

20:48 Men's Singles Gold Medal
    LIN Dan vs LEE Chong Wei

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

;)..(jumping ahead another day)..who's stoppin' us?? who's stoppin' us??..Here is the schedule for the final day of the bejing olyimpics 2008 badminton event !!!
    lets get loud!!!:D:D
    therefore, im proub to open this thread.:cool::p

1st match- mixed double bronze medal match- limpele/marissa vs he han bin/yu yang.

2nd match- mixed doube gold medal match- nova widianto/lilyana natsir vs lee yong dae/lee hyo jung.

3rd and the most exciting match ever going to be hapen in our lifetime- LEE CHONG WEI VS LIN DAN!!!!roar!!!:):):):p:p:D:D

#2 george@chongwei, Aug 16, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2008
  3. george@chongwei

mod, please edit the title..should be the day9 and 17 august..
    darn, im too excited already for tomoro`s big blockbuster clash betwwen lcw and ld..
    im ready!
    are u guys ready????

4. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    why d title still backdated? LOL...

anyway, hope LCW can deliver Malaysia's 1st gold medal! imagine the headlines in the newspapers the next day... wow...

5. george@chongwei

as i said in earlier post already, im too excited already for the lcw`s mach and there is a typo error there..
    now just hope that the moderator would edit it.

6. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    And it's August 17th, 00.02 AM as I post.
    My Indonesia, happy belated birthday!

7. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

haha Bro...u waited early time of 17th August to post....I also say happy belated birthday to my INDONESIA..thank 1 million very much to Kido/Hendra for the GOLD MEDAL....our nation proud of u...:rolleyes::cool:

8. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

Happy Independence Indonesia!!!

Allah, God Almighty thanks for you grace given us gold medal for our Independence Day's celebration..and Indonesian still hope for another gold tomorrow..grace us with two golds..Amen..!! Happy Indepence Day Indonesia (August 17 2008)..MERRDEKAAA...!!!

9. Erwin Kyoto

Erwin Kyoto Regular Member

Ameeeeeeeeen...1 million kali...

10. nicolas33

nicolas33 Regular Member

programmer
    ..............Merdeka!!!!

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It has been a busy week for badminton fans, culminating in the last 3 matches of the programme, with 2 GOLD MEDALS and one BRONZE MEDAL at stake.

18:30 Mixed Doubles Bronze Medal Playoff
    He Hanbin/Yu Yang vs Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa [3] -- both pairs suffered defeats yesterday and I hope Flandy/Vita can pick themselves up for tomorrow's first match of the evening. He/Yu are younger and fitter if the match stretches to 3 sets. They have a slight edge, but lack experience in those crucial points. Flandy needs to rely on his experience to win his 2nd BRONZE MEDAL, following his Athens 2004 MD BRONZE.

19:30 Mixed Doubles FINAL
    Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir [1] vs Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung -- the unseeded Korean pair has been the surprise of the tourney and they have a chance to win the GOLD, given Lee Yong Dae's irresistable form today. Yet, I think Nova/Butet will be extra motivated to win the GOLD as it is INA's National Day today (17th AUG) and usually, if Kido/Hendra won the GOLD, they can follow suit when they were also in the FINAL (see Invitational World Cup 2006, World Championships 2007, China & Hong Kong Super Series 2007). I certainly hope this trend continues.

20:30 Men's Singles FINAL
    Lin Dan [1] vs Lee Chong Wei [2] -- the undisputed WR no 1 vs WR no 2. I hope it's gonna be a classic match...but...I have the feeling that someone will fumble. Lin Dan certainly has the slight edge, but, if LCW can rely on his speed and improved netplay to take the match to Lin Dan and win the coveted GOLD. I can't predict this one, but, my heart goes to LCW!

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Beijing Olympics 2008: Badminton Golds for INA and MAS

:D george@chongwei ... I thought ctjcad has already done the thread for "Olympic Games 2008: Day 9 (17 August)". :D

In less than 24 hours, I hope Gold medals will be awarded as follows;
    MS to MAS (LEE Chong Wei)
    XD to INA (NATSIR Lilyana / WIDIANTO Nova)

:):):)

13. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    LCW creates history for Malaysians, yourself and country. All 27 million Malaysians will be behind you with our prayers. Malaysia Boleh!

14. gogalop27

gogalop27 Regular Member

Student
    Hallo Guys :),

beside the match between Markis/Hendra vs. Fu/Cai, the match between the indonesian girl and chinese girl surely an absolut thriller with the advantage for the indonesian at the end.

The play strategy of Maria reminds me to the great Susy Susanti. Surely Susy was faster and hast a more elegant style of playing, but the playing strategy from Maria seemed quite likely to Susys. The variation of high clears disturbed the footwork of Lu Lan, as Lu Lan could not take control game in the 2nd and 3rd game, Lu Lan seemed to dislike the slow tempo of Maria Kristin.

And of course, what for marvellous precision of shots from these 2 girls have, oh my oh my.. especially the high clear shots were really nice. We have also Chen Jin or Lee Hyun Il, for me, they played a perfect placing of badminton. How do they do that?

On the other side, it is likely "prooved", that the top players do train to produce net tumbling shots. The chinese and indonesian pairs did some very great examples at the final. Thus, this was actually indicated from the very beginning of this tournament. The players were hardly appologizing if the shots luckly tumbling to the opponent court. I think, this is also quite normal at this most prestiqious badminton event, since the nerves and the joy to point clearly overvalue, so that the players dont care the "social" relationship anymore on the court. We hear it often, "on the court we are enemys, of the court we can be friends".

Another nice thing, is that the general style of playing badminton differs from country to country, even between asian countries. We could see it from Markis/Hendra vs. Fu/Cai. Markis and Hendra have the better ability to produce unorthodox shots, which a human being on earth never thought of. On the other side, the hard smashes from Fu are just marvellous. I would really like to experience these kind of shots, I just cant imagine, how on earth I will be impressed in real.

From the match between Maria vs. Lu Lan, it is proved how complex a badminton game is. The perfect badminton from Lu Lan just could not overplay the mentally strong determined of a Maria Kristin. This is just impressive.

Well, I was kinda proud of all these players and of badminton, altough I am not Indonesian or Chinese, just so glad to be able to know how these top players feel on the court, mentally and physically.

So, guys, we can be proud of our favourite sport, badminton. :)

Ciaoo,

Germania

15. Noridayu

Noridayu Regular Member

Childcare Teacher
    Will LCW deliver 1st Gold medal to Malaysia?

I believe that LCW has no pressure on him now as he already assure Malaysia medal in Olympic. I hope that he can give LD a good run for the medal. In this opportunity, I would like to thank everyone that behind LCW in his preparation for Olympics especially BAM, abang Misbun and his physical trainner. I believe that he can deliver us the gold medal.

16. Felix.

Felix. Regular Member

Prediction
    MX :
    A slight edge to INA pair in both matches, but I think KOR and CHN might edge out in the end.

MS :
    Tough one, but a slight mental edge to Lin Dan, to complete his already impressive resume.

17. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
  18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    my prediction as follows:

MARISSA Vita / LIMPELE Flandy vs HE Hanbin / YU Yang

WIDIANTO Nova / NATSIR Lilyana vs LEE Hyojung / LEE Yongdae

LIN Dan vs LEE Chong Wei

19. indra

indra Regular Member

AGree...but LCW vs LD,...LCW will win

20. gillybean18

gillybean18 Regular Member

How can he have no pressure when there's so much money at stake for him? :)

I hope it will be a good match!