Oh my god. LD, not again?

Discussion in 'Japan Open / Indonesia GP Gold 2011' started by leesing2k, Sep 23, 2011.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It s strange that BWF only has the 2 player limit for doubles. Why doubles only and not singles as well? Doubles hurt non-CHN more, Singles would hurt CHN more. Clearly BWF is afraid of CHN, because LD s endorsement value would go up with another OG title and CHN is not confident LD can win it without assists. ( LD has never won title without assists, especially in Final encounters with LCW.) LYB benefits from LD s endorsements. My guess is BWF has to help LD/LYB because some of them have beneficial stakes in it in a roundabout way.Why else would BWF not limit 2 players per event across the board? If BWF has this limit, as with tennis,etc, CHN would not find any reason to play cowardly games. The only possibility for BWF s illogical behaviour is corruption.

2. Lomas

Lomas Regular Member

looks like china tactic to conserve energy for Chen Long works this time.

No more respect to China badminton team.:(

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Is it a surprise that CL wins the Japan Open?

Teammate LD has given him a walkover a day before in the SF while LCW had to battle the evergreen PG for the honor to enter today's finals.

So CL succeeded in winning the JO title and the many ranking points to give him and China a better chance to get the maximum 3 MS players into London Olympics! He obviously had to thank his godfather LYB for fixing his victory and he showed this by gleefully jumping over the advertisement stands towards the gallery to hug his benefactor, completely ignoring LCW whom he had just defeated seconds ago.

This show of poor sportsmanship by not shaking the hand of your opponent first as a mark of respect and the opportunity to play against him. It seems that in the eyes of the Chinese players LYB is king, all else come second.

#43 Loh, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Gonna be neutral in this game

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Lets not exhaggerate.. LCW played a two set straight 40min match yesturday against Gade (I think LCW has like 14-1 or something in stats against Gade now). He should really have recouperated very well from that match.

LCW is out of form but he has had a LOONG rest before this tournament so he should be relatively fresh..

Chen Long on the other hand has played two tournaments back-to-back and even with the wo he had still spent MORE time on court this JO than LCW did, especially with a gruesome 3-seter 1h 20min against Ueda.

So I think it is unfair and quite biased to attribute the win by CL only to the WO as such..

I agree about the sportmanship though. I think badminton should be made more of an individual sport and less "team". I would like steps to be taken to try to individualize the sport.

One step would maybe be to split disciplines like MS, DS, XD, MD, DD into completely separate tournaments so it will not be possible with one team / one coach approach?

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    All I want to say that China's match-fixing happens all too often and this is both unfair and is a disadvantage to the opponent.

That's why it is unfair to LCW.

7. teddbaker

teddbaker Regular Member

there's nothing we can do about it now. dont we? while China enjoys being the badminton powerhouse in the world, they really are so lacking in sportsmanship... obviously badminton people wanted to see a LD-LCW coz they're the top two most talented if not gifted players to grace the badminton world. it wasn't like those people who went to see them stole their seats, they paid good money to see them. but hell yeah... no wonder badminton.... the word itself starts in three letter words 'bad'.... would never be appealing because of this particular instance... China team makes it really look so 'bad'.

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What a shame really.. on badzine article, LD said THEIR team doctor restrict him from playing that day.. What happen to the TOURNAMENT DOCTOR? I thought BWF have tournament doctor for each tournament? WTH is BWF doing?? They really need to WAKE UP and DO SOMETHING! this walkover thingy happens not just once, but many many times... This is totally not good for world badminton. This is ruining the image of world badminton! I can feel it for fans in Tokyo..:(
    Btw, what actually happens to LIU XIN of china too? Did she suffer injury and force to concede walkover to wang yi han?

Goooshhhh..

#48 george@chongwei, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    ?? In what way do you mean it is a major problem for the fans in Tokyo? I doubt most of them would regard LD vs. CL as their most preffered game to watch anyway? And who can complain about a final going over an hour in 3-sets ending 21-19 a reall close combat and exciting game to watch..

Are you not being just biased here and think it ruins it for the fans just because the guy you root for does not win?? Do you think the would be more exciting if CL had been tired from a tough battle with LD in the semis?

#49 twobeer, Sep 25, 2011
  10. george@chongwei

Well, fans in Tokyo surely expects to watch LD-LCW in the final though but then it didn't happen. If really want to know the perspective of fans, just look at the reaction of Singapore fans during the Singapore Open Final this year.. Lotsa boos and uneasiness among the fans. No, i'm not being bias here. Let's not talk about the victory of Chen long over LCW in the final.. The problem is, is LD really injured?? This walkover thingy has been happening for so many times and BWF just didn't take any action on China. They should just let their tournament referee inspect LD to see whether LD was actually really injured.

11. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

If you are condemning matching fixing, I am with you. But don't stray from facts and weaken your own position.

Tokyo fans got a fantastic match that may even have historic significance, in the context of badminton. Singapore fans got nothing, zilch! Totally different.

12. george@chongwei

Nope, don't get me wrong. I'm just showing example reaction of badminton fans when there's a walkover involving big guns going on in an important tournament like SS going on.

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I could see your point if LCW had walked all over CL and crushed him in the final, so fans got less exciting game to watch.. But if LD would have played and won decisevly against CL. How exciting do you think the final against an out-of-form LCW would have been???

14. h0560083

h0560083 Regular Member

CL has no respect for his opponent but choosing to celebrate with some random people before LCW. I respected him before this match but its all in the past.

15. george@chongwei

At least the fans could have seen a fair and judge badminton match regardless who win or who lose:)

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I agree with that.. I think it is really disrespectful to not thank your opponent, even if you are excited and want to celebrate!! If it was a competition about who is the nicest person, I woulld root for LCW all the time!!

17. george@chongwei

He's trying to celebrate like his team mate, Lin dan's style:D

18. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

but wouldn't that be a bit too quick to jump to conclusions that he is a disrespectful person based on this one time that he neglected to thank his opponent before he rushed out to his group? admittedly, CW must've ended up standing around quite awkwardly then, and CL could have tried to defer his exhilaration a bit longer till he had shook the necessary hands first, but i wouldn't denounce CL as being intentionally disrespectful and make like he henceforth deserves no respect. why so extreme?

#58 Anatolii, Sep 25, 2011
  19. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

In a round about way, running out to celebrate may be showing the ultimate respect. I don't think beating PG and TH these days can prompt CL to do that.

Given the magnitude of the win, CL's action is not condoned but understood.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    So, can LCW sue BWF for the injustice he sustained??? Sue BWF for negligence or ignorance. lol. Any bigwig lawyer here? lol. ;)